I'd like to lose it, lose it!

Woo hoo! I lost another 3lbs this week which is very good and I'm pleased with it....but still wish it were more. Although I tell myself it's ok that I will miss my goal weight by a few lbs, I still want to get there! But only 4 weeks to go now and to achieve the goal I would have to lose 3.5lbs/week, which simply isn't going to happen. Not to mention I have a birthday coming up and friends are taking me to a fantabulous restaurant which has been booked for a couple of months already now! Drool! A girl's gotta live it up sometimes! :D

I have to say this past week, particularly the past couple of days has been ... harder. I have a serious feeling of emptiness in my tummy, not to mention a lot of gurgling, burbling and other odd noises which puzzle me no end. What the heck is going on in there with the shakes, soups and bars I've been consuming?!? I really, really want to eat - I have visions of steak or scallops dancing in my head. Popcorn would be great! The crunch of some good veg... :sigh: I'm trying to focus on the fact that in about 2 weeks I'll have the birthday dinner and can eat then. It helps me to have something to look forward to - makes it easier to put off eating today. I'm also going to book a pedicure at the place near my CDC. If it's any good, I'll be going back as it's quite convenient to both my visits to CDC and to home.

On another note entirely, my client in France has asked me back for 3-6 months and, while the work isn't wildly exciting, I'm very familiar with them and the work. The great thing is they have an office here in the Netherlands and I can work most of the time from there, so don't have to go live in a hotel during the week (which I did the first couple of years I worked with them - very sad life!). Also being able to work from here most of the time will make sticking to CD much easier. Imagine living/working in France during the week and being surrounded by French food all the time!!! Yikes! :eek:

And this coming week I've an interview with the Hotel School in the Hague - they are looking for real live business people to come teach courses to their students. I would be teaching finance - the joys of budgets, cash flows, income statements and balance sheets. As it is part-time, I'm hoping to still be able (assuming the Hotel School wants me after the interview) to do this AND work with my French client. As usual I want it ALL and I want it NOW. :eek:

To celebrate this buzz of activity around work I went wild and .... bought myself a new washing machine which should be delivered on Wed. Exciting, eh? :) But had to do it - the current washing machine has started to leak a bit - needed to address the situation before I found myself flooded out one day!

Well, that's the news from grey Amsterdam! I hope everyone has a great week!

Woohoo well done on the loss that's great! Can't believe u go away in 4 weeks time fingers crossed u get as close to your Target as possible and u will!
Know what u mean about working in France its food is glorious and way too tempting lol what will u do?

Tizzy - well done on the 3 stone loss! Even if you only lose 8lbs in the next 4 weeks you will look so much slimmer and I am sure everyone will be impressed.
You seem to be doing well as far as work is concerned - you clearly do a very good job if you are invited back. Your life sounds glamorous to those of us who go into the same office day in and day out, year after year ...
I have had my mother for four days and am relieved that I managed to stick to CD despite 3 meals out - I would dearly love to lose 3lbs this week but I suspect I may be disappointed.

Ah Tizzy i have got your diary every time i see the name of it i sing the madagascar song hee hee =))) Well done on the loss this week 3lbs is fab! And ja going away in 4 weeks time i would say im not jealous but i would be lying hee hee i feel your pressure to want to get to goal by the time you go.. i would of loved to get to my goal by my hols but that means 3.5 stone in 13 weeks i would also have to lose like 3.7lbs a week to get there which is not impossible but just does not seem likely with all the wonderfull luck i have been having but guess all we can do is try our best to get as close as possible and even if we not at our goal we are still miles away from where we used to be =D You may not think so but your work sounds exciting to me and you live in Amsterdam get to work in places like France aahh must be great... Im half Dutch cos my dad and his whole family are Hollanders hee hee and i have never been which is odd i go to oz the other end of the world and South america and asia but not just basically next door i have always been a backwards person ha ha my Ouma always nags me when am i gona go and meet my family and learn the history bla bla bla i will one day but my idea of when i go to Amsterdam is not to go for a family get together its like such a party place LOL ok sorry i have rambled on in your diary sorry but now i know where to find it i will be keeping an eye on you missy =D XX

Woohoo well done on the loss that's great! Can't believe u go away in 4 weeks time fingers crossed u get as close to your Target as possible and u will!
Know what u mean about working in France its food is glorious and way too tempting lol what will u do?

Avoid the cafeteria, restaurants and groceries stores as much as possible and eat salad when have to eat out. Hopefully I'll be back and forth to France for at least the next 6 months, so perhaps I can have some lovely FR food and wine later in the year.

Aaaaarrgh!!!! This is torture! Lost only 1lb this week. Have just been over my food diary and can't figure out why. Over the last few days I've been adhering strictly to CD, drinking at least 3ltr water a day....the only thing I can think of is that I have been cutting the bars in half and then I forget to eat the 2nd half so I'm under the daily 500cal. Perhaps my body is protesting? Or maybe it's just a normal slow down to be followed, fingers crossed, with a whoosh!

Meanwhile I am sitting frustrated as all h*ll! Grrrrrrrrrr!

And to top it off, I am in France Tues-Thurs for work! French lunches with colleagues, French dinners out! Yikes!!!!!!!!! :eek:

All right - time to stop moaning, acknowledge that at least it's a loss and carry on! But still..... grrrrrr!!!

Ooh u must be so frustrated I know I would be, keep going and stay strong when in France! But as u say its a loss so well done!!!

I'm still grrrrr'ing!

Ah Tizzy i really feel your frustration and all we can do is go ggggrrrrrrrrrrr and hope for a bigger loss next week it is still a loss but i know how i felt last week with only 1lb loss especially when being so good!!!!

Tizzy - it is so disheartening when you've stuck to CD and only lost a 1lb. I have never fathomed out why this happens - seems quite random. All I can say is that it's never happened for me two weeks in a row. I start worrying because I have already calculated when I will get to goal. I hope you have a good week next week as you deserve it.

Grrr dontcha just hate the 1lb weeks grumble grumble but as always you're seeing it positively and like we've said before the weight HAS to come off you're not eating enough for it not too. The missing of half a bar could be the culprit, body could go into starvation mode and cling onto everything xx Hope France is lovely

Spent Tues, Wed, Thurs in Paris this week - sounds glam, but really wasn't. Business trips rarely are. People in the office were really amazed at how much weight I'd lost and surprised when I told them I'm still on the diet/still losing. Had a couple tell me they thought i had "lost enough". Are they nuts? My BMI is still in overweight zone, I still have rolls of fat around my midriff and thunder thighs. Ah well, good thing I'm not listening to them.

I thought being in France would be hard and, to be honest there were a couple of moments of serious temptation. The food in the cafeteria at work is pretty darn good! However I was really good:
Tues: peanut cr bar on train; green salad with 1 hardboiled egg; tomato soup; 30min workout on treadmill
Wed: peanut cr bar; green salad with slice chicken meat; apple&cinn porr; chewy choc bar; 20min on elliptical + 30min on treadmill
Thurs: apple&cinn porr; green salad with 1 hardboiled egg; peanut crunch bar on train; lg handful raw almonds
Despite struggling to keep up with the water and attend all the meetings, I felt really good about sticking to the diet. The almonds came in when I was really really hungry and was contemplating buying a sandwich - I think the hungry came from not being used to working (maybe my brain started to work and burn some calories! :))

Per my scales this morning, I lost 1lb while away. That is good...but I want more!!!! As usual....

Now am drinking water and being good because tomorrow night I'm being taken out to dinner at a really nice restaurant in honour of my upcoming bday. As this place is hard to get into we've had the reservations for 2 months and I'm going, and I'm going to enjoy it!

Despite the little voice in my head saying "Eeeeek! You've only got 2 weeks to go and you're still so far away from goal!"

All right - time to get back to work. And then go workout!

Well done hunni for sticking to it whilst away that must of been so hard but u did it and a lb is a lb so keep going!!!

And another lb bites the dust! Aaaargh!!! I was sooooo good before my dinner out on Saturday and the scales inched down 1lb by Sat morning. Had a marvellous dinner and spent Sunday working out and strictly on ss, drinking loads of water. Good news is that I am still 1lb down, but if my body had been cooperating before Saturday it could have been more.

As has been posted elsewhere, the weight has got to come off cause I'm not eating enough calories for it not to, but why is it so slow now?!? :confused: Well, I'm in the final 2 weeks before heading to US and, other than a business trip to France on which I will, if I have to go out, eat lettuce :))), I'm strictly ss'ing it. It's not helping that I'm getting really sick of being on a diet for what seems like forever ... I'm beginning to really understand how motivational it is to see good losses on the scales. Wonder how that will work in maintenance mode - does one get excited over the fact the weight has stayed the same??

When I get back I think going back on CD is going to be hard - gearing up for another 2-3 months, getting back into ketosis. However, I'm hoping the break from the diet gives me the variety and perspective to handle getting back; and while I'm not going to be on CD during my vacation, I will be monitoring what I eat and the impact on the scales - so am going to be in learning and experimentation mode. I've even purchased a high quality scale in the US, just to be sure I don't go completely nuts and gain 20kg right back! Hmmm, a little touch of the "control freak" perhaps? :)

Tizzy - I would say well at least it's a loss but I don't suppose that would make you feel great... It is really disheartening to have slow weeks when you are eating about 500 cals per day. I know how I feel about four 2lb losses in a row.
No doubt your friends and family in the US will be amazed at your weight loss even if you don't lose another pound - and a controlled break may give your metabolism a kick. Once you get to goal you can amaze everyone again! I really hope that your last week before the trip gives you a good loss.

Yes, I'm thinking the break will kickstart my metabolism again. I did notice that when I got back from my ski trip in March (during which I was completely off CD), the first week back was a good loss ... to be expected really, as you're getting back into ketosis and cleaning out your system with all the water. Hope it works out that way as I suspect I will need a good loss to ease me back into CD!

Funny but I seem to be going forward on faith now. Yesterday I had porr, soup and a bar for my meals, and late afternoon I had a cup of the Golden Vegetable broth, which helped. Today's plan is porr, soup and a shake; perhaps with the broth (we'll see how hungry I get this afternoon). I have to believe that with such restrictive caloric intake my body will step up its losses...but who knows?!?!

And you are quite right - my family is going to be gobsmacked (I love that word! :)). It will just be me knowing that I'm not at goal and feeling fat. I've lost all over but my torso/belly are still way toooooo big!

Tizzy you are still doing amazing :) Slow losses are horrible but look you're sticking with it and remaining positive which is more than half the battle. Really hoping this week is kind and gives you a lovely send off to the USA. You're doing remarkably well and the change you will feel both physically and psychologically will be astonishing. I know what you mean about metabolism. I was really naughty one week and went against medical advice and did SS and well i only lost 1lb, when i actually stick to 1200kcals (which isnt very often as i often have less) i lose a lot more so my body obviously likes a higher kcal intake for its metabolism to keep ticking over, i think that's why i tend to lose more when im on nights because i eat more and sleep more. Anyway you're amazing so keep it going girl xxx

The break will deffo give u a kick start hun keep at it and gd luck ss'ing it in France u are one string lady! We do all seem to be slowing down a but now and u are right the motivation seems to come from big losses and slow losses make us wonder why we are doing this but we can and will get to our goals, u have done amazing so far!!!!

Tizzy - you sound so positive - looking forward and not back. You've lost over 3 stones which is fantastic in 20 weeks.
I also have a stubborn wad of fat around my torso - my face is much thinner and I have pronounced collarbones and below the knee my legs are thin. I look slim in a coat but I know what lurks beneath! I think that my spare tyre will be the last thing to go.

Back