I'd like to lose it, lose it!

5lbs is incredible hunni! You can do it :) :) let's do this together and keep going!! Xxxx

Oh hun u are so not alone, we all have those little voices and u need to remind yourself how far u have come and how fab u will when u get to goal, ignore the little devil voices, maybe try putting a fat pic on the fridge or buy a goal outfit and hang it up so u have something to work towards! You may feel better after wi as u will see a fab loss and feel much more positive!!! Keep going hun, 5lb so far is amazing, and get out on Saturday, go and do some shopping or for a walk even visit a friend so u can not be tempted, keep busy you can do it xxx

Thanks ladies - you guys are great and for sure I couldn't do this diet at all without you!

Had the official weekly weigh-in today and am down 6lbs :D. Am very pleased with that (tho' I have another little voice that is quite disgruntled and wants it to be more...what is it with these little voices???!!?!).

Ok, so after my post Friday morning I was all doom and gloom, but worked really hard at staying on SS - didn't even workout so as not to have the extra protein (usually a hard boiled egg). Saturday I worked out, cleaned house, had friends round for coffee (that was hard - picked up some yummy treats from the bakers for them) and went to bed early with a hot water bottle as I was freezing! Sunday my weight was same as Sat, which was only 100g down from Fri. Went to the beach with the dog and spent 2 hours walking - was a very nice, sunny day with what could be called a bracing :) wind off the ocean. Whichever ear was oceanside got really cold!!! Stopped at a small fish vendor on the beach and had a plate of mussels - which he proceeded to deep fry which I wasn't expecting! They were very good, so I ate a few, gave a few to the dog and threw out the rest of the plate. Of course I then felt guilty about it the rest of the day - esp when the dog threw them back up a couple of hours later - so stuck to SS and drank 3.5ltrs of water. Also, I realized that I hadn't been, um, regular, at all this week, so I took some dulcolax.

And voila! This morning had results in the loo and on the scales. Yay! I was going to go have a steak dinner tonight, but now I'm all re-motivated and don't want to disturb a good thing, so am calling it off. My next social challenge will be Fri, when I have a business lunch, but for the rest of the week I'm going SS and exercise.

The last time I was this weight was at least 6 years ago. :)

I hope you all have a great week and good weigh-ins, whenever they are!

Well done on the 6lbs hun that's great, and it is enough, ignore the voices!! Sounds like u are back on track and ready for the week ahead! Gd luck u will do it and have a great wi next week again!!

That's fantastic. Well done on the 6 lbs!

What a week! I don't think I'm this moody when I'm not on a diet and its not my TOTM, but I have to say that it has been hard to stay positive and focused this week. I'm cold all the time, so much so that my back muscles hurt from being tight and shivering. I've been really grumpy and snappy - not pleasant to be around at all. And I've been having trouble motivating myself to do anything - I get up later than usual, go through the motions of the day without much energy. I'm a bit fed up with being on a diet, having to watch that I don't eat the wrong foods, not going out with friends or being very careful when I do. I feel like I've lost my freedom. And of course, my body isn't losing the weight as fast as I want it to - tho' it is losing and losing well. I had a goal this week of losing 3lbs and lost 2.5lbs. Which is great - but I'm having trouble celebrating it. :sigh:

OK - I need to kick myself in the butt and stop having what is, in essence, a pity party about all the things I can't eat or drink. I lost 2.5lbs! Yay! I'm now down 20.5lbs from when I started, despite the odd night out and a whole week off diet. Woo hoo! I'm trying to imagine 20.5lbs worth of potatos - that's a lot of crisps, fries, roast, baked, mashed potatos!!!! :D

Oh - and just to emphasize how miserable I'm being - the last time I was this weight was sometime in 2003! And I'm still not satisfied! But I've put together bags of cat/dog food = 20lbs and looked at old photos of me in 2003 .... and I have to say I'm pleased not to be 20lbs heavier right now! :)

Good way of doing it hun u are doing so well, I get what u mean about the grumpyness I am horrible to be around sometimes I just have to walk away and leave people to it or I am likely to blow! Keep going and yes look back at how well u have done but concentrate on the future at how fab u will feel at goal, this diet is not forever, but a lifestyle change is!

Thanks! :bighug:

tizzy51 said:
Oh - and just to emphasize how miserable I'm being - the last time I was this weight was sometime in 2003! And I'm still not satisfied! But I've put together bags of cat/dog food = 20lbs and looked at old photos of me in 2003 .... and I have to say I'm pleased not to be 20lbs heavier right now! :)

20lbs is such an amazing amount in the time it's taken! Dont forget how hard this blooming diet is and how you're doing so well on it! I think you should be proud of yourself - I deffo have temper tantrums too btw haha! Xxx

Eeek! Went out for a business dinner last night at a Japanese restaurant. Didn't think it would be too much of a problem as could eat sashimi (raw fish - pure protein). However, it was a meal where everyone shared all the dishes and while we did have sashimi, we also had quite a lot of other stuff as well. And it was all good! But the scale this morning shows and increase of 2lbs! Eeek! :eek:

So - back on 100% - 1ltr of water and a porridge so far. Will be working on getting rid of this and back on track asap!

Best thing to do, draw a line under it and move on.
That 2lbs won't be there by weigh in, probably be gone after you've been to the loo!
Nothing to worry about at all trust me :)

Bah! Most of the 2lbs is now gone but it took 2days to recover ground, plus the usual laxatives to help with certain, ahem, blockage issues. ;) It's funny, I read somewhere that you have to be careful eating Atkins bars because they are high in fibre and can cause diarrhea...meanwhile my CDC tells me not to eat more than 1 CD bar a day because they are more calories than shakes/soups and they can cause constipation. One of these days I must try an Atkins bar...

Am struggling with my water intake today - am at around 2ltrs. Not sure I'll get down the last ltr before going to bed. On the good news for the day, I tried making the mousse again - this time I made sure the water was very cold, mixed the shake and mousse powders together prior to adding the water, and whisked the mixture for 2 minutes. Then let it set in the fridge for 10 min. It worked! Not bad and now I have another option in my CD arsenal. :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned. I am babysitting tomorrow and going to lunch/house-warming on Sunday (I plan to have a CD product before going and then just drink tea when I'm there). I need to adhere to ss so that I can actually register a loss for this week! Drat that japanese dinner on Tues! Even if it was tasty....

Lost 1lb this week. :sigh: Have been the same weight for the past 3 days, tho' sticking pretty close to CD and drinking water. I know that if I stick to it, the weight will start coming off again - there is enough confirmation in all your posts that I believe it'll happen - it is just so disappointing when the loss is slow or stalls.

Ah well just got to keep going. So far I've had porridge and a veg soup and 1 ltr of water. Need to go workout and down another litre in the next hour or so.

Hope all is going well with your weight losses!

I wondered if you had a diary so sought it out after all the wonderful positive advice you've been giving me :)

Wow you've been doing great especially with all the social hurdles to stay so restrained well done you :) How are you feeling now apart from the disappointment on the scales? Me and the scales are not friends at the minute but i just keep telling myself it has to come off eventually as i cannot do any better :)

Hope you have a lovely week

tizzy51 said:
Lost 1lb this week. :sigh: Have been the same weight for the past 3 days, tho' sticking pretty close to CD and drinking water. I know that if I stick to it, the weight will start coming off again - there is enough confirmation in all your posts that I believe it'll happen - it is just so disappointing when the loss is slow or stalls.

Ah well just got to keep going. So far I've had porridge and a veg soup and 1 ltr of water. Need to go workout and down another litre in the next hour or so.

Hope all is going well with your weight losses!

A lb is a lb hun and still a loss so don't be down about it your doing fab and will get a whooosh this week! Well done and keep going!!

I wondered if you had a diary so sought it out after all the wonderful positive advice you've been giving me :)

Wow you've been doing great especially with all the social hurdles to stay so restrained well done you :) How are you feeling now apart from the disappointment on the scales? Me and the scales are not friends at the minute but i just keep telling myself it has to come off eventually as i cannot do any better :)

Hope you have a lovely week

Thanks for looking me up and leaving such a lovely comment! It is so easy to see how well everyone else is doing and to keep encouraging them ... and so easy to beat yourself up!

I'm feeling ok except for being really cold a lot of the time, which I'm not enjoying as I get backaches from all my muscles being tight. And there are days when I get quite down in the dumps - am not sure if the diet aggravates mood swings, but have been noticing them. They haven't yet been so bad that I talk myself right off the diet - luckily! :)

And you're right - the weight does come off, sooner or later! I woke up this morning to a 400gr drop (almost 1lb). Yay! Now if I can do that again for tomorrow morning, or something close to it, then I can leave for Ireland in a more optimistic frame of mind....

Back