I'd like to lose it, lose it!

Are you strictly SSing? Maybe you could go for dinner and have a chicken salad etc but not if you think its going to be too much temptation.
A friend of mine on LL goes out to dinner and just doesn't eat but I wouldn't go that far! Seems abit pointless to me.
You can still go out to bars etc and drink water, I do! Sucks not being able to go out but there are ways around it :)
Might help you get out of your lil funk too! Or maybe suggest your own activity's to friends that you CAN do, cinema, shopping etc

I'm ss'ing except days I workout. And it seems that I have at least one meal off plan a week which I try to limit to protein and veg. However, in Ireland I had a meal every day off plan, plus with my aunt's visit I had a few as well, so now I really just want the space and time to focus and stick to plan. I have suggested other things, but my friends are much into shopping (neither am I to be honest), cinema is linked to popcorn & M&Ms - went once and it was ok for me, but my friend felt awkward cause I wasn't eating, etc., etc. I'll give the one who wants to do cocktails and dinner a call later today and see if we can work something out. Her version of being supportive is to leave me entirely alone, which means I won't see her again for another 2.5months. Hmpf!

I have a dinner planned for 11 May and one for 18 May and that's all I really want to do this month. Everyone else I'm going to suggest tea/coffee - they can then have cake or biscuits and I can just sip.

In previous posts I've mentioned how real life intrudes and how I've dealt with it (usually by accepting the intrusion and trying to manage impact), but the impact has been that my loss has been quite a bit slower than it could have been. As I don't want to be on this diet forever, I really need to minimize these intrusions as much as possible. My biggest concern is that I just lose all patience and go off diet altogether.

On top of all this, my CDC has gone off on vacation and isn't back til week beginning 17 May...I've counted up my products and I'm 5 days short. She told me she would send me the contact details of another CDC (her mom) so I could get more, but she hasn't done so. I'm debating trying to manage ss+ or going and getting some Atkins products. Any advice?

Why don't u try slim and save to get you through if she doesn't contact u?

I feel exactly the same Tizzy, something always seems to come up to mess up the plan and my losses haven't been great lately either due to that. I have something next weekend then the weekend after but then I'm hoping the month after that I can actually get back to SSing! What a pain it is sometimes.
I just take bars or tetras with me to the movies but I'm not fussed about eating there anyway and usually whoever I'm with isn't either so I guess I'm quite lucky there.
Definitely recommend S&S, if you like it you could even mix like I did to keep things interesting and its abit cheaper sometimes too.

Tizzy u have to remember that even with your days off plan u are still loosing, yes it is slower and will take longer, but you still manage to loose weight, like krissy said if u go out stick to low carb and u will be fine, u are doing so well!

Thanks ladies! I have no idea if S&S is here in the Netherlands, will look into it. Meanwhile, I will buy a few Atkins bars - low carb, high fibre and taste good too!

Hope you're both having a good day!

tizzy51 said:
I'm ss'ing except days I workout. And it seems that I have at least one meal off plan a week which I try to limit to protein and veg. However, in Ireland I had a meal every day off plan, plus with my aunt's visit I had a few as well, so now I really just want the space and time to focus and stick to plan. I have suggested other things, but my friends are much into shopping (neither am I to be honest), cinema is linked to popcorn & M&Ms - went once and it was ok for me, but my friend felt awkward cause I wasn't eating, etc., etc. I'll give the one who wants to do cocktails and dinner a call later today and see if we can work something out. Her version of being supportive is to leave me entirely alone, which means I won't see her again for another 2.5months. Hmpf!

I have a dinner planned for 11 May and one for 18 May and that's all I really want to do this month. Everyone else I'm going to suggest tea/coffee - they can then have cake or biscuits and I can just sip.

In previous posts I've mentioned how real life intrudes and how I've dealt with it (usually by accepting the intrusion and trying to manage impact), but the impact has been that my loss has been quite a bit slower than it could have been. As I don't want to be on this diet forever, I really need to minimize these intrusions as much as possible. My biggest concern is that I just lose all patience and go off diet altogether.

On top of all this, my CDC has gone off on vacation and isn't back til week beginning 17 May...I've counted up my products and I'm 5 days short. She told me she would send me the contact details of another CDC (her mom) so I could get more, but she hasn't done so. I'm debating trying to manage ss+ or going and getting some Atkins products. Any advice?

On the CD website u can find an alternative CDC near to u to get ure extra packs needed

Tizzy i hope you get your packs sorted, atkins style should keep you in ketosis though if you are struggling and could lead to the temptation of going off track, all dependant on how much you're able to moderate yourself. Have you got any non food associated nice things planned this weekend? And as others have said yes weight loss might have slowed down here and there but realistically that happens on any diet the main part is you're still losing, bet you'd struggle now to carry round that 25lbs you've already lost for a whole day!!!!

On the CD website u can find an alternative CDC near to u to get ure extra packs needed

Thanks! When I read this I remembered by CDC told me her mom was a consultant, so I looked her up. I've left a message and sent an email, hopefully she will get back to me today. Failing that, I noticed that my CDC's sister is also a consultant - seems to be a family business! I'm sure it'll all get sorted today/tomorrow.

My CDC is on vacation so no official weigh-in. However, I'm aware that my scales and hers are very close (her numbers are higher cause I'm wearing clothes when I get weighed there :)), so I posted an unofficial loss from my scales of 2lbs.

I've been griping about what to do with the demands of business and social engagements and, after doing an analysis of the past few weeks, discovered that I can and do control my weight when I go out for a meal. I did it in Ireland, when I lost for the first 5 or so days and then got complacent and went off the rails. I did it here when my aunt was visiting, until the last meal out when we both decided to throw caution to the winds and simply enjoy (would you believe they served us 5 amuse-bouches!!!). So I've determined to allow one lunch/dinner per week and to manage it closely (aka: no wine, no bread, no carbs, no dessert). Otherwise if I get together with someone, I'll have a bar with me and be drinking water/tea and if they don't like it, well....they can wait til I'm in maintenance! :)

Amazing how much better having a plan makes you feel - it's given me a sense of control and purpose back, not to mention that I feel more positive about being able to reach my goal. Whew! What a relief!

This week's dinner is Friday with some ex-colleagues (networking when you are freelance is critical), so I'm determined to lose as much as possible by Fri morning. Needless to say I will immediately be back on ss Saturday. :p

I'm 4kgs (9lbs) off my lowest point this century. When I get there again, I'm going to go through my wardrobe and sort out all the clothes that are way too big for me. Not sure if I'll be able to donate them yet, but I think cleaning out the wardrobe and dresser and seeing how much space is left behind will be a shock. A pleasant one! Yesterday I put on a jean jacket which I bought years ago and when I've worn it, it's always been a bit tight. Not any more! I can wear a shirt and a sweater under it and it still has room to spare! :D

As you can read, mood rollercoaster girl (me) is feeling much better! Thanks for your patience reading all my whinging - unfortunately I can't promise not to do it again, but know that your support really, really helps!

Hey girlie, well done in the 2lb loss that's fab and as u say having a plan helps, its a gd idea of having one meal a week I suppose it saves a blow out and u get to keep your social life and friends! Fab on the jean jacket, have a great day hun and the whole point of a diary is to get it all out so u carry on!

Sounds like you're doing really well hun, I've been thinking about the one a week meal thing and think it would work really good and stop any little binges or blow outs by having something foody to look forward too.
When's your offical weigh in?
What size clothes are you in now :)

Next official weigh-in is Monday, when my CDC gets back from Ibiza.
Currently I'm wearing US size 16 clothes, but they are getting quite big on me, so I should probably think of getting into the next size down soon. I'm putting it off as long as I can - trying to get the most use out of my clothes as possible before I have to start buying!

I have to admit I'm stricter with myself knowing that I will have a meal each week, as I want to make sure I keep losing. :)

Ooh get u going down a clothes size well done girlie!!! I know what u mean about clothes I have some lovely tops that I am actually sad that I can't wear anymore lol I wore them till they look like tents to get the most out of them! How's things today? Have u had a better day?

Hiya Tizzy well done you on the loss and for keeping on such a positive mindset!! Great idea about trying the smaller sized clothes on, makes you feel a million dollars. Hope you've got something lovely planned for the weekend and great idea too about the lil treats, things in moderation do help to keep on the straight and narrow!!!

My CDC is back from Ibiza looking all tan and relaxed. Clearly she had a good time - tho' not in the wild, blow-out fashion one might imagine - she is a married woman with kids after all! :)

Lost 3lbs this week. I should be really pleased, and some of me is. But it was a hard week. Was really good on CD, except for Friday which I knew would be a business dinner out. Even then, I asked for a dinner with no/lo carbs and ate just the protein and some veg. Refused dessert as they couldn't do something lo carb. So happy I was able to manage that. The struggle has been that I pretty much increased in weight every day by 0.1kg, couldn't go to the loo and ended up taking lax 3d in a row to finally get some relief! Was drinking water like crazy, taking fibre supplements, adding flax seeds to shakes and soups. :sigh: Timing is everything in that if all finally worked yesterday, but am now beginning to think I only lose when I go to the loo.

Points to celebrate:
- altho' I was bumming all week, I stuck to it. Yay! However, if this is how it's going to be - a struggle all week mentally to stay on despite STS'ing, having to use loads of laxatives for relief, I'm not sure how long I can stick it. Have 10 weeks to go til my trip to US...

- when I was skyping with my brother Sat he asked me if I had lost weight cause I looked like I had. :) Told him he had to see for himself this summer when I come over. However, I might have to have a "problem" with my skype video if I want to surprise him and my father.

OK - time to refocus: 1) did well last week, stayed on CD and (finally) lost 3lbs! 2) this week is going to be a good week - sticking with it 100% 3) am going to manage social event as well as managed dinner last week - no wine, no carbs

Here's to a great week for me and for all of you as well!!!

Hey tizzy well done on the loss hun thats fab news and u are doing so well I mean check u out on the meals eating low carb and no desert that's brill, I have been taking phsyllium capsules for my number 2s and I have been so much better on that front!

3lbs is fab well done!
I'm sure you will have another great week now with so much to motivate you :)

well done tizzy, 3 lbs is brilliant especially 11wks in and yes we are going to get weeks where it's more difficult but these things will happen when we're not dieting too and its how we deal with it despite it being hard and you didnt cave in so the next time it will be even easier to stay with it.

It's brilliant when people start noticing, especially when they havent seen you for a while, does wonders for the self esteem and confidence.

I'm sure you're going to do brilliantly this week and hope it's a breeze after the difficulties you felt last week. Oh r.e constipation have you not tried the cambridge fibre? I know it's expensive but it really does work (for me anyway)

Well done on your 3lbs :)

Back