Idea for Clothing Swap/Pass It On?

Seraphine

Hi all

I've been clearing out my wardrobes and keep finding things that I've well and truly grown out of. I know several others here have been doing the same.

Sometimes I sell stuff on ebay, and sometime send it to the charity shop, but I saw this idea on another discussion board and wondered if we could do something here.

This other board is about cruising, and there's a section about clothes... so if someone has a dress or outfit they don't fit but want to pass on, they have a thread where they list it. There's no charges for the outfit but sometimes people pass on a little bit to cover the postage. It's been done on the honour system, and so far it's a raging success. See here (the thread's been going since Aug 2009, and is still going strong): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=989623

Would anyone be interested in doing something like that here? (or mods, would this be allowed?)

CC is my other home Sera, apart from FB of course. I've just given a lot to TroopAid for them to sell. Just booked a cruise today though so I will have to get some new ones soon :D We are going on Cunard's new Queen Elizabeth on a westbound Transatlantic crossing in January in tandem with Queen Victoria & meeting up with QM2 in NYC. Can't wait :D We did they same thing in Jan 2008 on QV in tandem with QE2. Awesome, lol.

I know, I am a spoilt b*tch before anyone reminds me about Barbados, PMSL *skipping around the room a la Micheal Mcintyre* :D

You aren't spoiled! Although it is hard to explain to some folks that cruising doesn't have to be a "once in a lifetime" type trip. We've found some that have been very reasonable, and certainly a fantastic value compared to some other types of holiday.

Way to go for donating your old dresses, though - no sense them languishing in a cupboard! I was just thinking how I've got some stuff and I know how hesitant I've been about spending money on "transition" clothes... I didn't want to spend much til I got to goal weight, but I looked really silly walking around in clothes too big. I thought maybe if someone needed a few things I'd be happy to send them along.

I'll check my cupboard as to what I set aside, and list it tomorrow. Anyone who wants anything, just let me know :)

I know, we love our ships. It is very hard getting rid of clothes, I'm still wondering if I did the right thing now. I don't want to be that big again though!

Back