'Ideal' weight

Taz

Spam Hunter
We've all got a goal in sight but I was wondering how we all set them.

As I don't look as heavy as I am I find the ideal weight charts to be a little deceptive and if i got down to my 'ideal' I would look stupid. I'm not built to be skinny! So I decided 100lb would be a nice round number to lose and would put me into a healthy range.

So how did you all set your goals?

well i set my target at 11stone 4lbs cos thats what i seem to be hovvering about and finding it really hard to get below that...but the main reason is i started to run out of money and just needed a little breather, i then started to use the money to go exercising as i couldnt afford SW fees and exercise fees....i know, i know its a cop out but im not built to be skinny either and at 5 foot 8inch i think i just need to loose a little bit more just under 11 would be nice. when i get my head back into it i shall re set my target at the half a stone under what it is now that SW allow then comes the hard part...sticking to it!

That's a great way of doing it. At least you are putting the money to good use. I'm 5'7'' and aparently the top end of my 'ideal' is 11st 1lb so 11st 4lb would probably be right for you. But it depends on how you feel in yourself x

My target at the moment is to get in to a BMI of less than 30. At 5ft10 - I'm never going to (or want to be) a size 10. x

I'm with you Lou - I'm never going to be or want to be a size 10. I reckon about 11 stone will be fine for me Im 5ft 5, but if I get to around 12 ish and think Im looking OK then I'll relax a bit. What is your goal Taz? xxx

About 10st 7lb as I set my ticker at 100lb to lose but if I get to a stage where I am happy and comfortable I will stay there

About 10st 7lb as I set my ticker at 100lb to lose but if I get to a stage where I am happy and comfortable I will stay there
I set mine at 10 stone, i still have about 2 & half stone to get there. I'm 5 ft 4in but if i feel at the right weight before then i too will stay there. xxx Loobylou

Mines 10 stone dead on. I would be the perfect weight for my height and my bmi would be normal so I can apply for the psni.

Hey its goo that we're all flexi bout it and not totally caught up with the numbers isnt it? x

Hey its goo that we're all flexi bout it and not totally caught up with the numbers isnt it? x
Yes it is, that's kinda why I asked. I wanted to know if anyone was chasing a weight they'd been told they should be or you set it yourself.

I'm aiming for a size 12, but i'm not too sure what weight it'll be. My dad's girlfriend is the same height (5'8") and build as me and she's just gone down to 10.5 stone and looks great, so I think that's what i'm heading for. Saying that if I find a weight i'm happy at then i'll stay put

when I last lost weight I got to 10st 8lb but that was a size 8 which with me being 5ft7 looked awful, I looked like a skeleton, so I am aiming for about 12 stone and then see what I think from there :)

Oh no, according to that I need to lose another 8lbs to be average, YIKES!

I think ideal weight is a tricky one, personally I aimed for BMI 25 as a starting point as I didn't really know what else to focus on. In the end I think it comes down to whatever weight you feel confident and happy with.

Gxx

Oh no, according to that I need to lose another 8lbs to be average, YIKES!

8lbs over the top number???:eek: Or are you looking at the Peoples Choice Ideal Weight' rather than recommended weight?

8lbs over the top number???:eek: Or are you looking at the Peoples Choice Ideal Weight' rather than recommended weight?

The first one which I think was ideal weight, will go and have another lookie lum! Think the range was something like 104 - 132, at 122 I'm nearer the top end but hey ho!

Gx

Hi folks, I found this on another site - it show's how outdated and confusing our BMI charts can be:D

I hope it's some help

Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations

The lowest i`ve ever been was 10,4, at the time i thought i looked bees knees, which is why that`s my goal, just checked the above calculator and it is my ideal weight on there :eek:, Most sites i`ve checked say 8 - 9 stone....

Most sites Ive found say for my age and height I should be around 8 stone 12, one even said as low as 8 stone! But that one you put up says I should be between 9 stone and 10 stone 7 pounds. So at 11 stone I will be over the recommended weights but not far off......... and a damn sight healthier than now thats for sure!! xxx

Back