ideas

scrumper

Gold Member
ok should be in recipes but it could take weeks for answers there

any oatbran recipies that will keep!!!!
im taking oatbran with m but wanted to make up some thing for friday saturday ...
do you think biscuits will keep overnight or in a cool bag

I think they would be fine in one of those clippy boxes.

Tan, I took the vanilla moist cake away with me when I had a couple of nights away. In a box, in a coolbag with an icepack (maybe exagerated a bit but it was summer) and it was fine.:)

Hope Disney is fabulous for you all and that Paris and Jo are equally so:D.

Scrumps... I always travel with muffins and cool bags, no worries, so any other freshly made oatbran confection would be much the same. One thing I also do before coming over, but you might be out of time for this now, is make a 12 muffin batch (4 days) and freeze them. Taking them out as I leave so that they're a day behind the fresh ones (which I freeze on arrival at my Dad's). Might work!

Otherwise, bring some oatbran with you perhaps to spoon into yoghurt?

I took a Dukan loaf of bread with me, freshly made and then it went into the fridge and was *just* okay for the week.
Biscuits (crunchy, in airtight box) should be fine for at several days with no fridge. I've stored the Oatbran granola just in klip boxes for a week with no noticeable deterioration.
My plan for my next holiday is to take a mixture of bread and some type of biscuit again I think. For two days away with no fridge I took muffins (bread recipe) and they were fine.

thanks all will do a couple of things and take bran too , if all else fails in a yogurt it will go ( not my fav way , seems such a waste lol)

get Jo to make you some and pick them up :)

I don't see her until her almost last day... by then, it's all too late...

<or can I just say I'm busy and long?!)>

yes busy and long works ;)

lol, i am taking a gas stove and some eggs so may make a galette concotion of some sort if a get some yogurt each day or may use uht milk for a change

Back