IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

If you spend all weekend biting your tounge it'll be too uncomfortable to eat anything bad ;) its a good job you're not a drinker.

The house has 2 washing machines, the landlady must be a fashionista and not an eater.

How was your weekend Jaq? Ref those French yoghurts, they really have a totally different consistency to the creamier Muller lites, and are half the size. I like them but only have one a day. Mullers are too big and I never stop at half one if I get my hands on a pack when at home!

I stuck to my resolutions ref guests and we merrily went our own way (shopping in supermarket, to the market to buy some LOVELY fruit, to the farm for eggs, to our veg plot to pick a tonne of veg)... and so it didn't bother me one iota that, after our doing all that lot, one wasn't up, and the other two were still in pjs!

Weather was bad, so no trips, and I was happy enough topping and tailing my veg, and getting some stuff bottled. Evenings BBQ cooked outside, and eaten indoors by the roaring fire! Lovely!

I resisted 6 million things, most of which were lying OPEN around the house when I arrived... (I went round manically closing and sealing things, putting lids on tins etc before sitting down Friday evening!!!). I did however do my usual last night - even if it was plum oriented (we bought three varieties in the market and each was nicer than the previous!), and did result in my needing to spend an inordinate amount of time in the smallest room (thinking YIPPEE!! sorry!!).

Up at 5am this morning to take the train back, and buzzing still... Just devoured a plate of Dukan PP loveliness! YUM!

thats its so dukan ....a trip to the smallest room is a joy to behold

Arrgh minimins just swallowed my reply, anyone else having trouble?

Ahh fresh in season fruit.
Hey if Dr D prescribes prunes can see that plums are any worse, given the result was the same ;)

Sounds like you did really well. A pretty fab sounding weekend.

I moved on sat, in the dry(yay), saw legally blonde sat night, unpacked sunday. The fridge situation isnt so bad, there are 2, one was out of sight - phew. Even braved cooking last night- just some eggs and no one was around. I'll live on omelets for a bit whilst getting used to it.
Steep hills to walk up and down in my daily routine now, will delay joining a gym. Picasa Web Albums - Piotr S

Crikey re that photo! Is that where you're living (or somewhere similar)?

I only have to LOOK at plums :) (yes he really ought to introduce them as a cure!)

Aren't we funny though re thinking people care what we eat... having visitors the past two weekends made me rather self conscious about my peculiar PP lunches, but they couldn't care two figs and were far too busy downing their own delicious concoctions to worry about me and mine ;)

Can't wait to see my cats... haven't seen them since Friday morning. They'll make me pay for having a MAN come in to feed them over the weekend...

morning hun xxx

That hill is part of the one between my place and the bus station.
Tis steeeeeep.

Eating in front of people is hard, there are places my friend and I avoid as when we first started to know each other Id leave 95% of the food on my plate and so she thinks I really hated the food.

Hope the cats thaw out quickly, am sure they'll be friendly once they realise youre feeding them again.....

that hill looks as steep as our i will try to take a picture today lol

My cats were sooo lovely to me last night, they must have really missed me too much to even think about sulking! With OH away too, they're alone all day anyway, which they're not used to, so they didn't waste their energy pretending to hate me!

That is a mighty steep hill!

I now make myself eat with people at lunchtime (this month an exception as so many people are on holiday I'd be eating on my own anyway if I bothered to go to the office main kitchen). I think I turned myself into a social pariah while dieting and am now determined to reverse the tendency. I sometimes steel myself for comments, but rarely get any, and now simply say: "I'm doing the silly diet again" before anyone else can say what they think! Attack is usually the best form of defence!! haaa!

x

Bean is being very clingy whilst the other one is sulking :)

Bless your cats, our dogs always used to punish us when we'd been away. Was never sure if it was because we'd gone away or the fact they liked staying with my parents who spoli them rotten.
There not as bad now and like your cats there just so excited to see us they forget everything else lol.

Hope your well
xx

I'm really looking forward to my (three day) weekend at the house WITH the cats (and no visitors!) after two weekends without (and with!). I'm out of ketosis, but hanging in there, and am even daring lunch at a resto where it won't be strict Dukan. (I know what I'm having though, and they count the calories on the menu so the 0% fat cheese cake with fruit garnish for 220 calories is tempting.) I'll see how I feel after the main.

OH returned last night, so a full house here, and normality will reign once again.
x

That sounds pretty darn positive Jo.

Have you protein around for any post restaurant 'moments' ?

Hope you have a nice meal whatever you decide to have.

Wow, that is one hell of a steep hill! Mind you, I reckon that Dr Dukan would be delighted - what fantastic exercise. Your legs will be looking amazing after negotiating that on a regular basis, jaqys!

Jo - I love the idea of telling them that, "I'm doing the silly diet again". That's exactly the kind of thing I would do. It stops people in their tracks and will likely pre-empt any annoying remarks about what you're eating.

It's true that my "silly diet comment" does usually put an end to that subject pretty quickly ;)

I don't usually suffer from post resto moments actually Jaq... my problems seem solely connected to leisure time/free time/boredom/not being at work. Very strange indeed. I wonder, if I worked pretty much round the clock like the professionals here, whether I'd be a stick insect! (Nah!)

I very much enjoyed my meal, and didn't add unnecessary calories by having bread rolls, wine or salad dressing. In fact, it was all rather easy, and I had to run back to the office cos I was a bit late, which might have burned a calorie or two.

Tonight steak and green beans from our garden (not the steak you understand ;))

I was hungry yesterday evening, funnily enough... probably in my mind though!

400g up on yesterday's weight, giving me a 200g hike on the week. Not bad. It's unfortunate having a gala right in front of an official weigh in (note to self: refuse all Thurs lunch invitations henceforth)!

Three day weekend here - yippeee - so back on Tues... with gala on Wed pm. From there, should be an easy run to my holiday mid-September. I'll see how things are next week as to whether I dive back into full time Dukan or stay on the edge as I now am. It'll depend how much I'm suffering!!

Good weekends to all...

Or delay weigh in. But 200gms isnt enough to bother about.

Whats on this weekend? Bit of peace? Enjoy the extra day off, 2 more weeks til ours :(

Tried zumba last night, was a bit butlins for me, and all a bit similar to the cher video I used 20 years ago. Hoping to watch the balloon fiesta over the weekend weather permitting.

jaqs that makes it easy not to buy wii zumba then im not a dance exercise type , i will stick to walking

Jo im sure you will be fine with a clean weekend

Scrumper it reminded me why I dont do that type of group exercise(the only group class i ever really enjoyed was bodypump), and all the changes in direction were a bit much for my ankles, but clearly lots of people love it.

Another thumbs down for group exercise! I'll be out in the fields walking... and might even take the bike out if I'm feeling brave! I'm so pathetic on a bike and, although there are no big hills near the house, it's a slow descent from the village in every direction... hence a slow climb on the way back when I've already had enough (and yes I have got off and pushed before!! after only about 15 mins too!). I'm much better on my feet!!

My guests left mid-week only, so there'll be lots of clearing up and cleaning to do no doubt (which can wait until it rains unless it looks dreadful!). Three x double beds to strip and wash... and beds to make cat friendly quickly before they moult all over them!!! That'll be before bed tonight!!

Scrumps - I'm not aiming for clean at the moment. Don't wanna keep going in and out of ketosis, so will be going to the market to see the plum man ;) tomorrow. I'll have a bowl on Sunday evening as a treat (spend half the night in the loo no doubt ;)), then PP on Monday :D Easy really if we get a whole salmon and BBQ it on Sat as planned. There'll be lots of leftovers!

Back