IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Morning all, and back to the grindstone! Up at 5.30am to get the train back with a backpack FILLED with Dukan goodies!

My weekend was 90% ok on the food front. So proud was I of me that I decided to allow myself a gala meal last night, which of course started while dinner was cooking, and ended when I collapsed (with jaw ache) into bed. DUH! Still, I tried and it could have been SO MUCH worse :)

busy busy at work grrr so checking in where I can...

PS - I'm glad to be back at work. Children do my head in!

Dont understand children either, best avoided.

Next time you feel ready to try a gala can you please go to a restaurant ;) and make sure you have a dukan stocked fridge to return to for any continuation.......

And to hijack to give news on the me front, wore a 16 dress sat night, its only had 3 wears and its getting pretty loose, will need adjusting before its next outing. Very little movement of bottom half, waist of jeans looser but still far too much cling in the thighs.

Great news on the dress, Jaqys. Jo you are making me feel better about my gala yesterday - a Magnum, some carte d'or orange chocolate and a handful of maltesers :-( - but I did stop and haven't raided the bowl since :)

Jaq - hey that's GREAT!! Are you finding Dukan easier this time? You seem in the zone!

Mouse - ahem! My "gala" did at least have a meal in it (in the middle... if I type up the food stuffs I swallowed, you'd just about find a meal in there!!!!).

3 biscuits
3 slices of THIN white bread with choc sauce
dinner - bbq steak, salmon, green beans, salad
2 x slices chocolate birthday cake
bowl of salted peanuts
there I admitted defeat and turned down cranberry flavoured chocolate. What an idea!

Restaurant wasn't possible with rugrats... so I BBQ'ed salmon and steak, prepared two sorts of green beans from our garden (runners and French), fresh beetroot, even prepared a salad (and noone gets dressing chez moi... and STILL I blew it! :( Well there were "things" lingering on the ktichen table, that I'd avoided all darned weekend.
You can't say the good intentions weren't there!
These kids snack round the clock! I could have been soooo much worse, so I'm looking at it as a victory as I turned down 99 temptations and fell at the last hurdle!

kids are enough to drive anyone to the trough

Jo thats not so bad at all.
2 slices of bread not the entire loaf, 3 biscuits not 3 packets.....

If biscuits count as a starter, bread counts as a starch with the main and choc cake is dessert, the peanuts are your bread+cheese ration from earlier in the day (okay maybe the fat is a weeks worth of cheese). But anyway I'm saying its not so far from a normal three course meal. And its deffo a fraction of what you can eat when youre off on one. pretty restrained really.

Think I'm in the enforced zone, not having the time alone to shop for 'bad' and eating in front of others at night means its easy to be on track. May change next week when its new people, new kitchen.

Yes - I agree with Jaqys here - you've done pretty well! Welcome back and congratulations on surviving the weekend!

And Jaqys - great news on the dress front I bet you look great in that!

Well done Jo - sounds as though you stayed right on track for a gala to me. Weather has been terrible down here today - thunder and lightening, the works, so a trip to Futurescope tomorrow as the forecast doesn't look much better! I have boiled some eggs to take with me and will strip my rotisserie chicken before I go. Hope they don't search my bags :) Oh and I can also take some Sveltesse yoghurt with me - I am still excited by them even though the concept of them is pretty gross!! The texture of them reminds me a bit of those things that used to be around when we were kids - were they called Shakermaker or something? You used to use this powder to make up this gloopy stuff which you put into a mould to make a model - I'm can't remember how you used to make it harden to paint it!!

Last edited:
I love those Sveltesse yoghurts, but always throw away the liquid on the top. Do you have cooking facilities to whip up a yoghurt cake? (2 x lemon yogs, no liquid; 2 tblspn cornflour; 2 eggs; 2 tblspoon sweetener... 30 mins low heat oven (then I usually turn oven off and let it dry out further... yum!).

It's POURING down here, so no walk for me (and I've lunch out at Hippo - different branch though - so I'll no sooner dry off as have to go back out in it). Again, I thank my lucky stars I'm not at the house with the kids cos spending a day INDOORS with two hyperactive kids would send me up the wall (and them probably too!!!).

70.9K so 1K up on last Friday. I can live with that. I smiled at your excusing me my "gala" extras (and thank you!), but it really was ridiculous to be standing in the kitchen, on my own, at the stove, shovelling in bread quickly before anyone saw me! DUH!!

Mouse - if you're searched, tell them you've food allergies (rather than a diet). They might confiscate, but you'll be able to return and collect it. (how do I know this? cos I once had a sarnie confiscated at one of the 57 entrances to the Louvre. I was told to return to collect it as I exited. I obviously never found the correct exit!!)

Thanks for that Jo. we are going to Futurescope tomorrow now instead as the forecast now looks worse for tomorrow! I have cooking facilities and have been whipping up my daily muffins (I even brought silicon with me!) but have not gone onto yoghurt cake yet¬

I remember shakermaker! The little models used to dry naturally, which made them shrink! Then you painted them.

I want some now!

I think I will have to email Nestle and tell them that they need to start selling shakermaker yoghurts in the UK!

I haven't a clue what you're talking about! (I must be too old!)

No you must just have forgotten them! Home tomorrow, piled hight with 0% cheese and sveltesse! I emailed Nestle to ask why they don't sell them in the Uk and got this reply!

Thank you very much for your email.

Sveltesse desserts have previously been available for sale in the UK, but, unfortunately we had to withdraw them from our range as they were expensive to make and sales were relatively low. It was a difficult decision for us because we are proud of all our products and do not like to disappoint our consumers.

We hope you can understand why we took this decision. Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact us.

I think they might find the market would be a bit different now, and I responded in this way!

Before you get the Muller Lite fans toooo excited, oughtn't we mention that the French ones are half the size?

I'm sorry you're leaving Mouse. I like having you so (comparatively) close. What time do you check out?

I'm off to rejoin my other half and our guests tonight on the slow train. I'm not in that much of a hurry, to be honest, as the weather forecast isn't great and the thought of being shut up in a house with two kids fills me with dread. I can see us partaking in all sorts of outdoor RAINY pursuits rather!

I hereby promise:
- to go out shopping at 8am and not wait, drumming my fingers impatiently for guests to get up mid-morning (better all round for everyone!);
- to not mind when they eat breakfast at 10.30am, snack at noon, then don't want lunch (after all, nothing stops ME eating normal meals... well "Dukan normal" at least!);
- to not mentally criticise when kids snack round the clock (pure envy there!);
- to not mind when they stay up far too late, then are tetchy the next day and I'm given the excuse "they're tired".
GRRRR...

My cats are staying in the flat and a friend is going to feed them for the first time, and has been warned that they might disappear into thin air as they tend to when "strangers" are around!

Back on Monday by train... plan is to stick to some sort of diet or other up to Sunday dinner.

You and I would make perfect holiday buddies! I have been quite crabby at times around here when my lot have been playing Monopoly on the WII when I want to go out, when they won't get up and when they won't even put their own stuff in the dishwasher and their Dad just goes around after them doing it, telling me not to stress about it! I also find it frustrating the way that they shovel food down and it sometimes seem as though I have only been put on this planet to serve them :) Dad thinks it great that self catering in France is so much cheaper than eating out, but there's only one person around here who does any cooking!! This is why DD just got her head bitten off when she asked why we were going out tonight :) I think I'm ready to go home :) (Leaving here 8.30am tomorrow). I've liked being closer to you to Jo!!!

Hope you manage to keep sane. Cant imagine having to deal with little people over night, arrrgh, I can just about manage my cousins for half a day.

Hows the man been coping with them?

Im moving tomorrow (yippeee no more pre 7am buses) and will then have the challenge of sharing a tiny fridge with too many people, have been eyeing up buying a second one - is it too antisocial to get one for my room :D

Jaq - I think buying a little fridge for your own room is an excellent suggestion. I am sure any room mates would love you for it too as it would give them more space in the main fridge! (Might the buzzzzzing noise irk you in the night though?)

Oooh Mouse - next time we'll go on holiday together!! Or, rather, because you're on holiday with three adults, each person should take a turn at the cooking/clearing away. THEN you'd see who wanted to go out for dinner!!

I can't abide slobbing around in the morning. Once I'm up (7am absolute latest at the weekend), I'm up and running... people who get up and laze around in jimjams irritate me! I wanna go OUT and get GOING! (After lunch, I'm all for a siesta mind!!)

OH has been irritated too and has dared several times to say something.

I'm afraid (aaah cringing here!) I said something ONCE, and don't think it went down very well with OH's daughter (confirmed by him on the phone) so I might have some bridges to rebuild this weekend... aaah! Whinging little ones get on my nerves! Sulky 12 year olds irritate me too. My cats are so easy!!!

oooh another thing - "Mum" started the shower off for the 12 year old (fair enough, we've got a complicated tap system). Some 2-3 mins after she went for her shower, I went over to that area for the loo, and she wasn't IN the shower (or even undressed), and then went into the loo after me. I was horrified at all that hot water merrily rushing down the plug hole! I wouldn't mind someone having a long long shower, but I do mind wastefulness! grrrr (I hope she's not showered since, cripes!!!)

Back