IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

It must feel as though you were never away :)

;) i aim to please Jo!
Just enjoyed my second yoghurt - i wonder are the Activia fat free vanilla ones allowed on Dukan? Just out of interest cos they are lovely with proper vanilla in :)

No because they're high in sugar... but they're perfect for you, cos you're out of ketosis now, yes Vicky? Do you find that you get HUNGRY now? (I mean REALLY hungry?) If I'm honest, I don't weekdays, but still do weekends, so no change there and it's proof that it's more "mind hunger" than anything...

Gala dinner out tonight ;)

The place I wanted to go (where my sister took me) is "closed for August" so I googled to find some recommendations and found one which is supposed to be fabulous! Not far from where we ate Mouse... next time, hey?

Hey Jo :) just been catching up on the days activities in your diary....

I noticed that the regular board seems to have been taken over by newbies with all the "old" questions which can generally be answered by reading the book or searching the threads using the "search" feature....

with seeing all of that I decided to just hang out in the diaries area...probably to save myself from the meltdown some of you seem to have suffered :(....not good

as said by everyone else, don't change :) we all love you just the way you are xxxxx

ha ha ha how many times can you explain why someone shouldnt do something ...then them say "oh but i know your right but 2 or 3 pp day will be ok "LMAO

and of course we'd not know how to advise that one cos we've never done it, being "good girls"... ;)

Sausagegate LMAO! Love it!

Off in a mo... thanks to all! I think we all have a melt down at times! Atropos is wonderfully calm and patient however...

I caught up with sausagegate :)... don't think I was ever "that bad" but thankfully had Jo and you girls with me from the start so it was easier to stay on the straight and narrow....avoiding the dukan website like the plague....as the list of tolerateds is going mental .... no wonder newbies are all over the show!

Have a great evening Jo :) look forward to see you bright and early in the morning :) xxxx

Have they increased the number of tolerateds allowed or something? Even if the list is longer, 2 a day, is still just 2, not the whole list.

I dont want to see a list, I'll stick to having super low philly for cheesecake for tom and a bit of soy sauce now and then.

Was very hard to ignore the chips on my plate at lunch today though :mad: but did.

Have a nice walk back Jo.

No because they're high in sugar... but they're perfect for you, cos you're out of ketosis now, yes Vicky? Do you find that you get HUNGRY now? (I mean REALLY hungry?) If I'm honest, I don't weekdays, but still do weekends, so no change there and it's proof that it's more "mind hunger" than anything...
i do get a bit peckish, but im trying to keep myself busy (after smoking i found im always needing to do something cant sit and slob like i used to!) and yes the control freak comes out..if im peckish my stomach is shrinking therefore im losing weight LOL.
and definately staying out of ketosis(swinging to and forth is doing things to my body i dont like and it worries me to keep doing this)...i actually checked last night with a stick cos i had that funny taste in my mouth and for the first time, I DIDNT want to be in ketosis!
as we have discussed before Jo, and this is playing heavy on my mind hence keeping the carbs up, when we lose the glycogen which holds the water, therefore having a big rush of water weight loss at the start of low carb diets, is this a false sense of security for us? do we actually weigh half a stone more than what we would on a diet that wouldnt put us in ketosis? So when on low carb we weight 10stone, on ww for example would we weigh 10.7 stone???? LOL all these questions , but this does bother me! I will see how I feel and clothes fit at 10 and half stone on MY diet. sorry to drone on......

Those are good questions Vicky, on Dukan he says not to go under true weight as a safety net for any conso gains, but we know there will be water gains as soon as that first pasta meal is had.

How your clothes fit has to be the way to go, and maybe we all have to have not too large a range of sizes available (even within the same label size) to keep ourselves honest. Though TOM requires different bras for me :rolleyes:

Well done on the not smoking and keeping an eye on your weight.

Wakey wakey Jo :D

i do get a bit peckish, but im trying to keep myself busy (after smoking i found im always needing to do something cant sit and slob like i used to!) and yes the control freak comes out..if im peckish my stomach is shrinking therefore im losing weight LOL.
and definately staying out of ketosis(swinging to and forth is doing things to my body i dont like and it worries me to keep doing this)...i actually checked last night with a stick cos i had that funny taste in my mouth and for the first time, I DIDNT want to be in ketosis!
as we have discussed before Jo, and this is playing heavy on my mind hence keeping the carbs up, when we lose the glycogen which holds the water, therefore having a big rush of water weight loss at the start of low carb diets, is this a false sense of security for us? do we actually weigh half a stone more than what we would on a diet that wouldnt put us in ketosis? So when on low carb we weight 10stone, on ww for example would we weigh 10.7 stone???? LOL all these questions , but this does bother me! I will see how I feel and clothes fit at 10 and half stone on MY diet. sorry to drone on......

Yeah I wondered the same thing Vicky...will returning to the real world after a stage of conso mean an inevitable regain over time of that water wait or perhaps if you keep the water up the body doesn't "need" it anymore...providing of course you're not going mental with the carbs as per before the diet like me :)

The attack phase is a good motivator but also raises an interesting question :confused: xxxx

Interesting interesting... sorry to be AWOL but terribly swamped, and just had lunch out with an ex-boss so can't really stick around either.

Vicky - I hear you, and we've discussed this point a few times in the past without ever really knowing. I feel, like you, that the regain on weekend weight seems inevitable for some of us when we reintroduce carbs. Yet why do some others not, I wonder (Anja, DD etc...)

I'm over 70K at the moment I know. Those crepes were indeed delicious, and I had what I wanted and then we walked for a good 15 mins to the flat they'd rented (to pick up OH's Hovis loaf - don't ask!). Then a good 30 mins back. In 25°C heat at 10pm - horrible. We had to stop to buy a bottle of water on the way back, we were dehydrating. hot and muggy...

Running...

well surely you will have burnt off all the crepe calories with that walking the heat!
at the weekend i struggle to drink as much non alcoholic liquid than i do during week days, i wonder if that contributes to the weekend gain as our bodies sieze every opportunity to keep us lovely and hydrated?

Interesting interesting... sorry to be AWOL but terribly swamped, and just had lunch out with an ex-boss so can't really stick around either.

Me too - new office, different desk (people can see....) and also really swamped anyway

Vicky - I hear you, and we've discussed this point a few times in the past without ever really knowing. I feel, like you, that the regain on weekend weight seems inevitable for some of us when we reintroduce carbs. Yet why do some others not, I wonder (Anja, DD etc...)

Agreed!

But I think I DO gain the water weight back. I have weighed pre- and post thuPP and there is a generally pound difference (still no TOTM issues though - finally seeing GP on Fri!)

When I got back to being a bit more strict, my stomach deflates (to my eyes) - it's the bit above the belt that shows it up, everything else stays the same....

After all I am now stable-ish in the 64+ range, but I have to work at it and I am not really eating 'what I like' most of the time (except for fruit), keeping in mind the conso-style carb rations at all times. On holiday I had half a roll for breakfast (with a scraping of jam) :rolleyes::rolleyes: some mornings, what a treat...

Gosh Anja, you really are so very very disciplined. Of course most of my problems come from my total lack of discipline/willpower/call it what you will. Today, for instance, I had my lunch tupperwares with me - my friends said they might join me for lunch, so I checked menus first thing to find a vegetarian friendly menu. They didn't contact me. An ex-boss did. So I went out to lunch. And had dessert. (but I DID make myself have the 0% fat cheesecake with fruit, rather than the REAL cheesecake my boss had!).

I need Dukan discipline somehow to avoid these situations where I'm so pathetic and easy to persuade...

(oh and next time ANYONE comes to Paris, I will give you the address of the most fabulous chef who makes wonderful galettes and crepes!)

Back