IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

ha ha Jo :D
what is this diet Kim/Mouse :D

Oh gosh - what's this then Mouse?

I am meant to cut out tomatoes, onions, alcohol, sweetener, sugar, fruit, coffee and tea, spicy food, chocolate and carbonated drinks!! He thinks I have interstitial cystitis.

Gosh. There are some I'd miss, but most I wouldn't actually... you say "you're meant" to cut them out. You will try, won't you? If it's "that easy" to get rid of your symptoms, it's got to be worth it.

I never used sweetener until Dukan... I presume he means artificial sweetener, so perhaps Stevia is ok?
I never ate tomatoes in the UK. Still don't!
I'm sorry about fruit and onions, but they're the only things I'd miss.

How long do you need to try to see whether he's right?

I see him in a month. I am trying to cut things out but struggling with decaf coffee and with the sweetener. Onions and toms I am miffed about but managing without. Also miffed about diet coke and fizzy water! Most of the others I don't have anyway.

jeez the sweetener thing is a bugger especially as its added in other things. xxxxx

is stevia ok cos it's natural?

I don't mind decaff and drink it evenings. Tip - buy dearer brand. Nicer usually!

Has stevia been okayed for consumption now?

Id miss sweetner, caffeine and fizzy too, generally in combination ;) Not sure how Id get through the day at work without falling asleep.

Best of luck with it.

morning Jo - hows things? Its freezing here x

What exactly is Stevia anyway? Hope it's warmer there than here!

The Dukan shop sells it here, and many use it. I's been authorised in France since 2009. It's a plant from Paraguay which tastes 300 times sweeter than sugar. I tried it once, and found it foul, but ...
La Stévia

It's definitely chillier here today.

ooh. i must admit not having sweetener at all would prove to be a nightmare!

Its freezing here :(

Jo....smoking question here. Ive been really really struggling with cravings the last 2 weeks or so especially after doing say the shopping or having my dinner, and im finding im eating something to stop this! did you have a period where you craved again? help me please xxxx

If I'm honest, sporadically, the smell of someone's freshly lit cigarette will still attract (over four years after quitting! how depressing).

BUT, I can still remember the WEEK (I think) when I didn't sleep a wink at night... yet needed to doze all day at work... so wouldn't go back there for the world.

Perhaps reread a bit of the book?

why the dozing at work was that cos of breathing problems???

yes i think i might Jo. dont want the stink again x

dozing at work cos I was so tired at not sleeping the previous night... each night, I was SOOOO awake it was horribubble. I think that's the nicotine withdrawal.

I'm lucky in that I don't have any friends who smoke. Few people with any sense do these days... You have far too much sense ;)

ha ha me sense????
Morning and happy friday Jo- what plans this weekend - bet its going to be colder in the country, it sure is colder here today!
First caravanning trip this weekend cannt wait - van packed with lots of goodies but thats what weekends away are all about :D x

Where are you off to in the van? Do you have to book anywhere or can you just go wherever you fancy and stop anywhere?

I think you're right - it will be COLD. It's definitely colder here today, and I regretted not having looked out my gloves for my walk!

I did my blood tests this morning (and urine too). "Best" of all, I'm to collect 24 hours' worth from tomorrow morning to Sun morning. I've got a big bottle, but will it be big enough?!!

Out of curiosity, because we were talking about cholesterol and blood tests on another thread - my tests came to just over €100! Results next Tues pm (cos they won't get my big bottle full until Monday am!)

x

how big a bottle Jo? do you have to do every wee in it?

We are off to a place about 15 mins away lol x first time and our friends coming to pitch next to us x

Every wee but first tomorrow, then up to 10am Sunday... I'll need an overflow bucket (but I hesitated about asking the question "what if I fill it" but I feared she'd give me another, and just imagine walking to work with TWO of them filled on Monday!!)

Gosh. 15 miles. How adventurous of you (not!!) ;)

Back