IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Snap. I'm so in the zone at the moment though

You really are! And your BMI is fab too :)
Yesterday was an amazing day. I woke at dawn in the country, returned to Paris in the car with hubby, and walked over to where the Tour de France would be ending. Had delicious lunch (with quinoa, salad and chicken) oh and a fab coconut/pineapple fruit cocktail (which I calorie counted as a pina colada although no alcohol in it cos didn't know how else to!), then to wait for the Tour. The atmosphere was brilliant and the weather a little too so for my liking, up on a 7th floor balcony (little red face to prove it this morning!). I was quite emotional seeing the "caravan" (the sponsor's floats) as there was one from Yorkshire and a London doubledecker bus with "Paris" on the front. Then the race itself. One poor guy had been tailed off and the applause he received for carrying on up and down the Champs Elysées 8 times on his own was amazing! A terrific day. In bed by 10pm and I slept 7 hours. Unheard of!
70.9K this morning. It's coming off again :)

Last edited:
Sounds brill Jo xxx well done on loss wont take long xxx

What a fabulous day! Very jealous of your 7th floor view of the tour :)

Cx

It really was an amazing day... and to think that I witnessed two stages of the Tour this year, Day 3 near Cambridge and the final day! (I doubt that will happen ever again unless it passes near Burgundy.)

All is well in my garden. I'm experiencing new foods and not seeing ill effects on the scales by keeping up my walking. Quinoa is my new best friend (and if anyone has a tasty recipe, I'd be eager to try as, for now, it's restaurants or take out only as I've yet to manage to give any homemade efforts enough taste!). We had a chilly day here Wednesday with rain too, so I made courguette soup (veg gifted this weekend by a neighbour). Of course when I wanted to eat it yesterday the weather had reverted again, so I ate it cold. Delicious! Tonight avocado and prawns. Although I'm calorie counting, I'm looking at the nutrition where possible also.

Today am wearing a slim pair of pale blue trousers I bought (quite) a few years ago and have hardly been able to wear. Go me! (I know I know - long may this last. Power to the Fitbit and My Fitness Pal which seem to have made all the difference in my life!!)

:D

Power to YOU, Jo! So good to read people who are in the zone, eating healthily and enjoying life to the full.

I have to admit I have never tried quinoa. In fact I can barely pronounce it :) It's a grain, right? I haven't really eaten much of those since dukan and paleo, but maybe it's time to branch out a bit?

enjoy the rest of the week, and your delicious avo and prawn :)

Cx

Brilliant brilliant Jo. Same with mfp and fitbit. It's all about healthy calorie counting and exercise!!! So pleased for you. I like quinoa in a salad but I also use it instead of rice with curry :)

Fabulous link Vicky thank you. It's funny to see us sharing carb recipes!

I had it out the first time in a salad with pomegranate seeds in it. Delicious! Kwinwah I believe is the pronunciation.

Storms due tomorrow morning and rain for the day... why on the weekend!

Ah weather same here. Kinwaaa !!!! Little pearls of pomegranate lovely !!!! I'm loving eating normally!!!.enjoy your weekend xxd

Haha - I think I've been saying keNOah. But hey, I don't order it in a restaurant very often :)
Cx

Miserable weather today but forced myself to walk 7km late afternoon with one eye on the black clouds as I went!

It's so interesting now seeing all these different ways we are now losing weight!

Kinwaaa. Love it x

Hey Jo,
Great to read you are finding a happy balance! All this talk of Avocados and Quinoa makes me excited for my celebration meals at consol :)

I went for lunch with a group of guys from work on Friday and the all excitedly clocked each other wearing fitbits and whipped out their phones to compare the day's stats! and I though of you :)
I'm thinking of getting one for my Dad. He's very overweight, and walking is the only exercise he can reasonably manage, but I think a devise think this might encourage him to push himself a little further each day.

I was reading back at the beginning of your diary that you started with Beck Diet Solution. I did the 6 week course back in May too - and it has helped my binge eating immeasurably. It's funny how we all seem to cycling in and out of the same techniques and methods to eventually get where we want to be.

Hope the weather turned out okay ;)

I've found another great thing about being slimmer when out walking in this weather (where blue skies can suddenly turn threatening and WHOOOSH, down it comes): my umbrella fits in my jeans waistband leaving me my arms free to stride out!

Everything is still going well. Treats weekend evenings usually include things I really could live without but find it hard to resist from "the cupboard". I'm very mean with quantity and input things into My Fitness Pal (and am intrigued as to who spends the time, when eating offplan, plugging such things into the data base. Thanks to them though cos at least when I'm being honest with myself (and all), I'm more reasonable!

As Vicky says, eating more normally means introducing foods I've not eaten for years (as I've usually either been strictly dieting or eating a load of old rubbish). I'm amazed at how I've cut back on meat too.

Walking is still my passion. I have found new detours involving discovering areas of the city I hadn't previously seen on foot. Walking to and from work lengthens my day but I'm full of energy (Mondays aside when getting up at 4:45am to leave the country pad AND foregoing a siesta makes for a long day!)

Some of you will already know that we've taken in a 3 legged kitten in the country... he's a joy to behold and so very determined to do as the other three do (including climbing up anything using his claws (OUCH!)). He had been residing in the wooden kennel OH made for the strays since he was a baby and, once his Mum left him to his own devices and it started raining, and he was coming for food bedraggled and even muddy where he'd slip and fall over, it was only a question of time before he was indoors with us right?!!

x

Awww!! so cute! what did you call the kitten?

Kitten is adorable Jo. Am pretty much the same with mfp writing it all in just to make sure I know how many calories bad things have in. I still gain on a weekend but am happy that by the Friday it's usually gone down less a lb or two. I'm the lowest weight I've been for around 5 years and am enjoying the food and especially the exercise too. The qquestion is how do I continue?
Do i want to lose more? How do I maintain?

Sorry for gatecrashing Jo! X

The kitten's name is Trio. Last night he was introduced to the log burner and was fascinated by the flames and the heat... awh.
To maintain, I'm hoping to gradually increase carbs in the week. I think I eat more of them than you Vicky from what I've seen so I'd start there. The good ones of course ?

ForumRunner_20140815_105136.png

We think (and vet confirmed as there is no sign of scarring) that he was born like it. He's very cuddly too which is a bonus as our first two rescue cats, now 8 and 7, respectively, are still scared of strangers and have never sat on either of us! We tell him often how lucky he is!

Back