IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Thanks all... 2.5 day weeks are all very well, but they seem to be expecting me to do the other 2.5 this morning!

I'll do what I can... urges are low, and didn't even think about stopping at baker's this morning (unlike previous two mornings!! yesterday, I used my usual "ok you can, but you're to come to work first as usual without..." and for two pins would have gone back out to EAT!).

Anyway, "the voices" are calm for now... saved my muffins for lunch in the traffic jams, so ate peculiar chicken/beef breakfast...

Hope you all have good weekends, and speak next week...

HI just caught up your long conversation with Vicky. yes I asked myself that same Q regarding the lack of water in low-carbers and the presence in others. I guess that's when your weight settles, at the extra-water point. and as soon as you do a spurt of PP whatever you're back to your non-water weight which in a way is an illusion of loss - just as it was kind of an illusion of gain.

As for weigh-ins, please DO TAKE THE BATTERIES OUT! If you gain too much, you'll know from your clothes. If you gain a little it will pass and you should not worry about it. This week I have been resisting the lure of the scales and I will stick to Friday for my WI. that gives me time to lose the inevitable weekend gains as well.

Anyway, enjoy your long weekend an associated visits - then it's a clear run until the busy foodie season!

great post Anja - we should really all take the batteries out. BUT I CANT :(

great post Anja - we should really all take the batteries out. BUT I CANT :(

Or throw the scales at your boyfriend?:p Much more doable, no?

I have a negative thing about scales, I'd happily never step on them again.

Or throw the scales at your boyfriend?:p Much more doable, no?
yey!!!!
i need my scales. always have always will (actually havent always!) especially now i can see my fat turning to muscle :D

morning Jo - how was your lovely weekend?

Hello all...

I could have kept away from the forum but that would be too easy, so here I am. Not really in the mood for a full confession, as I'm not on top form today (having spent half the night in the smallest room - well deserved punishment so no "duvet day" for me to recover. I shall suffer in silence!).

So turn back a few pages, and I expect what I would say if I were in the mood is already written there somewhere because it's just "same old same old"...

Anyway, no scales for me for a while...

<don't feel you have to find sympathetic words... I bore myself with this repetitive cr*p...>

Oh Vicky - telepathy still working, I see!

(having spent half the night in the smallest room
why? confused!
no need to confess at all. if you want to we will listen. not saying anything else BUT would like to know how the place was with the ladyboys?

overate... I just didn't stop yesterday... and was up (both ends) for (seemingly) ages in the night...

oooh the restaurant really was excellent fun. The fixed menu simple fare, but the atmosphere was fun and the waiter was (apparently) one of the two who dress up (but he was in a suit...). Very camp, but joked with innuendo with the women almost as much as the men, so jolly good fun. The other half hasn't changed his mind ref not wanting to go to the cabaret, but he admitted to enjoying it and not feeling ill at ease so there's progress there at least!

Most interesting to me was at about 4pm(!) when we invited the waiter to join our table for a glass of crémant (Burgundy version of Champagne) after dessert, he mentioned how he'd not eaten all day. That he never ate a calorie before dinner and that he'd stabilised his weight that way (and that he used to weigh 150K... over 23 stone).

The confession is done, just no need to elaborate on the fine details, cos I'm feeling a bit fragile (tummy not pysche!) haaa!

overate... I just didn't stop yesterday... and was up (both ends) for (seemingly) ages in the night...
oh Jo - hope you feeling ok - hate being sick :(
xxx
and as for not eating all day - id get ratty, a headache etc etc

glad you enjoyed the lunch - shame oh wont go to the cabaret but at least he was well behaved. :)

(ill ask bout cake factory when you feeling better xxx)

Biscuit factory... not only do they let you taste anything that's open (and infuriatingly enough not everything was!), but they had some boxes of broken biscuits half price so we stocked on up them too... (I expect the other half will be surprised to see how many of them I managed to vaccuum quietly away...).

So this week, yes I did vaguely think about the "easy option" (you know what I mean) but no. Frankly last night made things clearer for me where a return is concerned. Not until January (earliest)...

Hopefully I have enough memories (good and bad) to tide me through until Christmas...

Today is PP... but tomorrow I'm out for lunch (Atkins lunch - steak + green beans where they persist in putting butter on them!)... they glisten...

CAD people Jaq?

Oh JO! - do you mean a return to being bad?
your atkins lunch sounds lvoely - like one of my favourites xxx

So this week, yes I did vaguely think about the "easy option" (you know what I mean) but no. Frankly last night made things clearer for me where a return is concerned. Not until January (earliest)...

No I meant a "return to ketosis"... I'm not going there, leastwise not before Christmas.

ah ok Jo. I know what you mean now.
what else did you get up to at the weekend? (i dont mean food ;) )

Back