IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I think it's quite common for our parents' generation not to heat houses at night. Living in an overheated flat, you're right, Robin... it's not healthy... we leave doors open, wear light clothes, have a summer duvet year round, and it's comfy. My bathroom is LOVELY in the morning!

My Dad has his heating on a timer so if you stay up too late, brrrr! I'm usually up a good hour before the heating comes on too but that's fine because if he puts it on too early, the pipes clanging(!) wake me up!

I asked my other half a lot of questions yesterday ref driving in snow and learned a lot. I was surprised, for instance, that he was driving in such a high gear yet so slowly on the snow... he explained to dopey me that the wheels turn slower in a higher gear hence better adhesion. We're not taught bad weather driving at driving school!

I knoew that Jo - someone told me. I think we are going to have to start gettin snow tyres over here - cant believe you cant get them!

Perhaps if snow become more of a regular occurrence, they'd get a bit more organised with salt, and salting machines... we saw so many of them last night as we travelled... and the roads were impeccable...

been out with tape measure Jo - 5" so far!

was that inches? how fabulous! How are the roads where you are?

yes Jo! roads were bad yesterday - actually worse today cos snow has compacted and its icy too :( im getting chains for my tyres LOL.

I wouldn't even know how to put chains on!

lol me neither get a blokie to do it :)

lol ....my other half is 40ft up a tower outside !!! in the gails and driving snow welding....theres a big wind farm going up and they are working all hours to sort it out !!!!

Crikey Scrumps. What does he wear? Just the thought of working outdoors at the moment makes me shiver. I'm not moving from my desk at lunchtime. It's too cold!

Crikey Scrumps. What does he wear? Just the thought of working outdoors at the moment makes me shiver. I'm not moving from my desk at lunchtime. It's too cold!
lol ive no idea they are not very health and safety concious in Devon !!!!!! he will be freezing though at least they not putting up blades in this !!!:eek:

OK... I had a bit of a revelation yesterday lunchtime... feeling a bit down about my weight, behaviour from Friday to Sunday last weekend (don't think I mentioned the four iced doughnuts I ate on the way home on Friday...), I was browsing other forums on this website as it was so quiet over here, and I had one of those "moments" realising that I do have still three weeks to get my a** in gear and get back to at least the weight I was a fortnight ago.

So... renewed motivation, thinking about my "muscles" and wondering when I'd first use whichever of them on the way to work this morning (20 mins walk in the cold - very windy, I forgot my hat, AND my jumper rode up under my coat, leaving my back bare under my coat, brrrr...).

20 mins after my arrival, my boss rang to say he was popping out for a brioche and did I want one (he bought us both last Friday - which probably didn't help!) a special brioche from a local baker's with pieces of praline in it!! I said "lovely of you to ask, but no thank you". (In French of course!).

Then, another boss rang in, held up on a metro somewhere, could I open her office door and crank her computer up. Fine... off I trot, only to be offered mini viennoiseries by a colleague who's moving back to the main building today... Amazing!

So the muscle has been well exercised already. My lunch date has been moved from a "dangerous place" to a steak place, and my menus are now going to be prepared for a GOOD three weeks!

<Said it all before, I know... but it feels good today...>

OK... I had a bit of a revelation yesterday lunchtime... feeling a bit down about my weight, behaviour from Friday to Sunday last weekend (don't think I mentioned the four iced doughnuts I ate on the way home on Friday...), I was browsing other forums on this website as it was so quiet over here, and I had one of those "moments" realising that I do have still three weeks to get my a** in gear and get back to at least the weight I was a fortnight ago.

So... renewed motivation, thinking about my "muscles" and wondering when I'd first use whichever of them on the way to work this morning (20 mins walk in the cold - very windy, I forgot my hat, AND my jumper rode up under my coat, leaving my back bare under my coat, brrrr...).

20 mins after my arrival, my boss rang to say he was popping out for a brioche and did I want one (he bought us both last Friday - which probably didn't help!) a special brioche from a local baker's with pieces of praline in it!! I said "lovely of you to ask, but no thank you". (In French of course!).

Then, another boss rang in, held up on a metro somewhere, could I open her office door and crank her computer up. Fine... off I trot, only to be offered mini viennoiseries by a colleague who's moving back to the main building today... Amazing!

So the muscle has been well exercised already. My lunch date has been moved from a "dangerous place" to a steak place, and my menus are now going to be prepared for a GOOD three weeks!

<Said it all before, I know... but it feels good today...>

Well done Jo, getting it sorted in your head is half the battle, willpower is good.

Those brioches are a speciality from round here (not strictly brioche - called pogne without praline and st-genix with)

Here (but don't click if you want to avoid temptation)

Well done. Youve given it a great work out.

I find it easy to avoid treats in public, hate to be seen to be eating something 'bad'.

That's them Robin... I've lived here for years yet never come across them before so now know why if they're from your region!

Jaqys - unfortunately it's the exact opposite for me. Having regained weight, and had comments from well meaning friends and colleagues (and worried family) about my WEIRD diet, I have recently been trying to be more "normal" around other people. A total failure obviously because I don't do normal!

I'm different - I have no qualms about refusing anything, because I want to keep up the weight loss. This is because I know what I am like - as soon as I have carbs or especially something sweet, I just can't stop - once I get the taste I can't resist - a bit like a kind of choco-vampire:D

If I ever get to conso I don't know how I will fare because I can't see me being able to have one chocolate biscuit ever! - but maybe it is all good because I am thinking about and recognising my own food behaviour.

don't think I mentioned the four iced doughnuts I ate on the way home on Friday...),
:eek::eek::eek:
well done today Jo - those brioches sound fantastic!
Glad you are feeling more positive - keep it going hon xxxx

Mouse - I was just like you "before"... just since having regained that it's all gone wobbly... aaaah! Regaining ought to motivate one more, yet it seems the reverse.

Vicky - they weren't even very nice. I feel for you with your snow, but see you're sneaking off again and leaving us! (Lucky thing or does it count as "holiday"?)

yes holiday unfortunately Jo - ill still come on this afternoon though x

Back