IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I often have just chicken in my lunchbox and if someone asks I make out I have eaten all the pasta that was with it :-(

oh boo :( feel for you girls! (me gloat???) ;)

Yes I think that's about where I am too... tomorrow I'm eating in the main office with colleagues, and will simply eat out of my tupperware (the best way I've found with PP rather than tipping it out onto the plate). I've never liked just eating one food type for a meal, preferring 1/2 quantity of two things, or even 1/3 quantity of three... so I do have different textures and tastes... but it's true it looks strange.

I could add leafy veg or salad I s'pose...

Just back from my lunch and I stuck to my rumpsteak and (buttered) green beans. I resisted the FULL bowl of homemade crisps on the table, and two bread rolls. I took the (cellophane wrapped) biscuit offered with my coffee and have given it away...

The other half is driving overnight to the UK tonight... I think he's crazy, but... highest he'll go is Cambs... here's hoping the snow stays where it currently is (cos the two places he's going are fine, just perhaps the route to wonder about...)

Hope he has a good heater and wraps up warm, tis freeeeeeezing.

Well done resisting the crisps. I wish i'd resisted the biscuits for cheese, my tum is bloat city.

Just back from my lunch and I stuck to my rumpsteak and (buttered) green beans. I resisted the FULL bowl of homemade crisps on the table, and two bread rolls. I took the (cellophane wrapped) biscuit offered with my coffee and have given it away...

The other half is driving overnight to the UK tonight... I think he's crazy, but... highest he'll go is Cambs... here's hoping the snow stays where it currently is (cos the two places he's going are fine, just perhaps the route to wonder about...)

Hey Jo that's brilliant, the resistance I mean, and two days running. A bit more every time...

As for Cambs: it's quite okay *here*, hardly had any snow and schools are open etc, but not sure what he'll get through on the way, I think even the M25 was stuck at some point?

morning Jo - i wouldnt drive over here if not needed. hope he gets round ok hon xxx done on resisting all x

After a very bad drive from Dover to my sister's... he's now nearing Cambs and all is A-OK. He did mention that he saw loads of salters and snow ploughs in France, but few your end mind... hmm...

As to whether he'll get back, that'll depend if they reopen the M20 of course!

Blimey VICKY!!! AT TARGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Jo - again. now comes the hard part - as you know.
Oh do hope he gets back ok. whats he doing over here?

He first went to my sister's to pick up a piece of furniture... and now to two places in Cambs (to a friend's who has loads of books for us, and then he has a RV nearby...). Nothing that couldn't have been put off until next week "in my humble opinion"!

How was your bf's birthday celebrations?

ah Lol - is he doing any shopping for you?
oh ok we just watched tv! celebrating tomorrow x

Was it his b day yesterday? It was my OH 50th yesterday. Hey congrats on reaching target!
xx

Last edited:
He has a short list, but who knows whether he'll make it to a supermarket in the current conditions...

So you're at target Vicky... is it now that you must increase carbs? (Cos I think you kept them at induction rate throughout, yes?)

yes still am. going to do as jim does and have one carby meal per day. although not today! have nothing carby in and not going out!!!!

The weather *here* has been fine so far, just a minor dusting of snow this am but the roads are all clear - for now. I'd be interested what you need to import to France :) I know what my parents export from England:

Biscuits (Maryland cookies and shortbread among others)
Marmite
Gentleman's relish
Orange Marmalade, lime Marmalade
Primula cheese spread with prawns (in tubes)
Some breakfast tea blends

Can't think of anything else, no doubt there are other weird and wonderful things on their list!

He came a couple of weeks ago and stocked up on most heavy items (things we can't find here like malt vinegar, white wine vinegar, mincemeat, mince pies and then things we begrudge paying the difference on like BIG tins of Nescafe, biscuits, tins of chocolates and biscuits for gifts here). Celebrations, for instance, we saw 400g box for €9 in supermarket in country. Crazy when you can get 1K for £5 back home!

Otherwise we tend to buy lite salad cream, HP sauce, baked beans, Fray Bentos pies, corned beef, Heinz soups... all sorts!

While home, I'll stock up on deodorants, undies, tights, socks (far far far cheaper than over here)...

It's a very expensive business coming home to England!!! haaaa! Cos I managed fine without all these things for years when I used to fly home, but now we come in a car, we fill it to the roof...

He's now heading from Cambs to Dover... fingers crossed!

Vicky - good luck!! I presume first carb meal brings you out of ketosis, and so can you then eat a little more veg or something? Cos Atkins, while allowing you veg each meal, does restrict you to certain veg only and small quantity I think...?

Ha good luck and hope he's got your shopping!

I know what you mean about begrudging the difference... I begrudge paying more for IKEA stuff in the UK (not sure of it still applies, not checked for a while)

Our car is quite small and trips to B/DE are rare so we don't bring much back - I leave that to my parents who come once or twice a year laden with beer and chocolate ;-) and the odd piece of furniture! But when we're there it's nice to just browse the supermarkets to see what we could 'order'...

Brr I'm so cold again - sitting here with a hot cup of coffee, wearing 2 cardies and fingerless cloves again... Hands still cold and nose as well... Must bring in a thermometer just to check, not that buildings management will be able to do anything about it though...

Yes! He went to Newmarket! Lovely!

Afternoon Jo :) hope your OH gets back safely to you... fair play to him for making it this far...I wouldn't dare and you know I'm fairly gung ho! :D....

It's all frozen over outside....tempted to stick the kitchen thermometer outside for a bit to see how cold it is...

hope you're wrapped up warm there...is it bad in Paris?...x

Back