IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I always was good at "theory" classes. Just the "practical" I have problems with... ;)

Jo i agree with you on the ketosis, its been a battle of mine too since i started atkins. Im not even going to check if I am. And you must be sooo healthy if you are walking that far im so impressed with you.

My arthrosis hurts today mind you, so healthy I don't feel (damp weather always hurts me!!!)... but you're kind to say so. It's true that walking is very easy for me now and it does help the old head too...

The past two Sundays I've headed out on my own for a 30-40 mins fast stomp... and got OH to come and get me!! haaaa!

Hope the weather is clearing up, mind you its autumn now isntit, hope you dont get too much pain Jo xxx

Awh thank you Cathy... my walking ironically helps with a lot, so it's really just the "rain + can't walk" days which really get me. (I'm a wuss + I have been known to limp if I've not had a good walk!).

I didn't have a great weekend on the food front but DID get myself into gear for a long walk to "pay" for the <typical breakfast French pastries> I ate... <among other things!>

No rain forecast here all week (nor weekend) so I reckon you should be OK (ie we'll get the rain, you'll get the sunshine!)

I had a 'bad' food weekend too with 2 invites out, but hey ho, such is life. I don't want to become a hermit, so will continue to accept invitations and deal with it (or not) afterwards.

Unfortunately though my holiday starts at the end of the week and, for now, in the East of France (where my house is!), it's RAIN Sat and Sun! Probably not all day, but I can't imagine standing at a VG under rain ANY time!!

hey all its rain ere and ive had my central heating its nice and toasty warm and im all on my own so the house is quiet !!! but then it was always quiet when jord was off mmmmmmmmm we are never satisfied !!!

whoops i forgot who's diary i was in

aww jo hope u will be feeling a bit better soon !!!

How bad was the weekend?
Was it normal portions of non-healthy food or total blow out?
Well done for the walking to counteract some damage though. Thats normal people behaviour right? Exercise after 'bad' food. If you can get the frequency sorted......

Anyway yay for it almost being holiday time.

Lovely to be nice and toasty eh Jet? We lit a fire at the house Friday and Saturday evenings, but got a bit hot Sat pm so I wouldn't let him light one Sunday afternoon! It's actually quite warm here at the moment...

Thanks Jac for the encouragement. It's true that, while my mind did whirrr around a bit after the croissants wondering what else I could find (without being seen of course), I simply put my trainers on and exited fast and by the time I returned, armed with lettuce, spring onions etc. from our veg plot, the moment had passed. So I guess that's a result. Otherwise I had an icecream at a neighbour's, and a piece of cake at another neighbour's, so only the croissants (and a LOT of fruit) eaten at home.

I must learn to look on the positive side... and weekdays, like last week, although the fridge is full of plums, they're not mine and I know I won't touch them...

Thats really positive!
A weekend breakfast, a walk to counteract and get your head straight and a couple of weekend snacks. Barely a blip for a dieter and absolutly normal behaviour for a non-dieter, stable weight type person.
Really there are no negatives.

(but I could have done without it just a week before a holiday...)

Thank you!

OK diary... here I am again... heavier than ever but JUST as determined.

Today I weigh 75.9K (11 stone 13lbs) and, believe it or not, that's better than I feared!

Big pig I was most definitely for the whole 9 days' holiday (and I'm not just talking meal and snacks, I'm talking full blown binge eating/wrapper hiding fun)

I'm gonna carry on another week as now (Dukan + fruit) and we'll see how heavy I am next Friday as to whether I go back into ketosis on Oct 11.

I need to get to 67K before Christmas. I've not been below 69.7K all year... yet 70K was supposed to be my ALERT weight... the "OMG I'm getting fat again" weight!

So... plenty of butt kicking required and, this weekend, fruit aside, I'm gonna stay clean!

:whoopass:will this do???!!!

I need the same ... why oh why don't we ever listen to ourselves??!! Never mind I'm determined to get back on track .... good luck to you for a good weekend.

good to have you back on track Jo. So complete Dukan strict or with fruit?

Thank you Beverley... I did ask after you, and look for you, because I noticed you'd gone... try to stick with us, even if not dieting. Several of us have been on cloud cuckooland for a while but kept posting...

Good luck with picking it up again yourself. It's such an EASY diet too, what more do we want?!

Vicky - with fruit until end of next week, weekend included, cos I've a box full of apples we picked to wade through and, also, have a late highlight appointment next Thursday and I can just see me chomping on a chicken leg in a salon IN FRONT OF A MIRROR!! Apples are at least "proper food" to "normal people"!

So decision time about this time next week, ready to do the shopping... I'd sooner not go back into ketosis - you know why (I don't think it's healthy for someone like me to use it as a crutch) - but if I need it to get my weight down to then return to 80/20 or probably 90/10, so be it. I've dieted most of my life anyway so at least the 90/10 would give me a day off a week!! 52 days off a year!

I've been awol as my daughter had my first grandson .... plus my mother has senile dementia and is now on way out ... I've been travelling between Cheshire - Kent - Birmingham for the last 2months (even my sat nav isn't sure where she is anymore!!)... plus a trip to Paris and Bulgaria in between!!

I am sorry to hear about your Mum...

Tell me about your trip to paris! (that's where I live!)

Back