IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Oh yes so sorry about your mum :(

I see what you mean jo about ketosis. im dreading the flu ill be getting next week but i do know its worth it and with atkins i dont feel the need to cheat half as much as can have fry up for breakfasts at weekend, my favourtie cheese burger pie and pizza too!

We had a wonderful time ... except for the weather (Il pleur chats et chiens!!) We stayed at a hotel opposite Arc de Triomphe and Michael was impressed with the metro. It was his 1st time to Paris and I was keen to show him why I love Paris. I was disapointed with La Defence as the little train was no longer running - and we couldn't go up the grande Arch as the lift is being repaired ... but we did get a few bits from C&A!!
I love Sacre Coeur and Monmatre ... but because of the weather the artistes were not out as much and so the atmosphere was not really there - one for another visit! He loved the Pomidou Centre and Notre Dame area .... I think next time we'd stay around St Michaels area.

Food wise ... I was bad bad bad!!! But loved it!! But isn't Paris expensive now???!! We were quite shocked how much a coffee/coke was - never mind a meal!!

We're definately coming back. I've been to Paris about 7/8 times in my life ... but now Michael is a convert too!!!

How lovely! Next time, give me a nudge first cos I work close to where you mention. Since the euro, prices have snuck up unfortunately, but you can still find (edible!) three course menus with jugs of wine and free bread for €15 (unlike in England!)...

The sun has just come out... SHINE PLEASE SUN!

How lovely! Next time, give me a nudge first cos I work close to where you mention. Since the euro, prices have snuck up unfortunately, but you can still find (edible!) three course menus with jugs of wine and free bread for €15 (unlike in England!)...

The sun has just come out... SHINE PLEASE SUN!

I will .......... any excuse to come back!!! We did find the cheaper emnus at the end around the St Michael/Notre Dame area .... we'd been eating in places off Champs Elysee ... !!!!!

yeah near my stomping ground alas... that's why I sit here at lunchtime in front of a computer with my tupperware of nosh!

St Michel is very touristy, mind you, and can be noisy at night. You could be better off staying somewhere like Montparnasse area where you can easily walk into the latin quarter but get out again too... or even in a more residential area. Paris is so small, and the transport system so comparatively cheap (cripes London is extortionate!), easy to get anywhere...

Did you eat in Chez Clement? I always take visitors there, usually the St Michel branch.
Chez Clément - Restaurant d'hôtes

Mmmh - nice menus in Chez Clement - esp the kiddie ones too! Well, one day I'll come back to Paris! It's been a long long time...

I love their mashed potato!

Creamy and tasty...

(mind you, as a serial low carb dieter, I also fell in love with the mashed potato in motorway cafés here which I'd have on a 10 hour drive to the South of France... then someone told me it was made with powder... I'm SUCH a gourmet, NOT!)

omg Jo i love the powdered potato - you can get it in lidl or aldi it is lush :D

As a "posh southerner", as my other half loves to call me, I had a deprived childhood and was never given Smash or HP sauce...

Is it a North/South thing as I've never had Smash, nor do I really want to? Real mash is food of the Gods in my eyes, especially smothered in salad cream and with sausages. Stupid Dukan Diet!!!!!!! :cry:

salad cream on mash???? nah!

morning Jo x

The smash in school dinners made me afraid of mash for life, cant go near it. Similarly custard, cooked carrots, hot sponge desserts, rice pudding, anything based on warmed milk.

Back