IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Anja... yeah I guess that will be my lot... Five weeks' a year holiday, 47 at work (that's a bad ratio of life!)...

Its what we have to do though Jo !

+200g on the week which is fine (given the larger than usual weight loss last week, probably in part caused by a particularly stressed out week). No need to change my User CP either, cos I'd rounded up last week.

My sister finally got off on holiday last night - 24Hrs late, but with her passport! Many thanks to South African Airways who were very nice about it :D

I'm off to the country as per usual. A less than nice looking weather forecast though, which could mess up my walking plans which is a drag. Those long country walks on cycle/agricultural machinery tracks through deserted fields are such a pleasure, and I rarely walk far without seeing a deer...

My freezers are pretty full of little Dukan friendly (labelled for a change) packages so... I guess it'll be housework exercise if no walking possible (boo hiss).

Three day week next week, so won't mind coming back Sunday evening :D. Am very pleased to have organised to go to spend next Friday with my friend who lost her husband suddenly 2 weeks ago. 6 hour round trip in a day but it'll absolve some guilt from not attending the funeral due to (selfishly but necessarily) picking up my new car instead.

Have a good weekend...

Been in your home town today for U13 rugby Jo - I sent it your love (the town, not the rugby!)

Just a quick look in to say Hi Jo :), slowly catching up with what I've been in recent weeks :)

I share your trepidation about conso... I daren't actually think about it.... 1 step at a time for me... but think this time I have to stick to the rules...there are no soft options :(

updated my stats after doing the dukan true weight thing again.... :) onwards and downwards hun xxx

Sarah - when you do the Dukan true weight thing, what weight do you put as the weight where you can maintain without too much effort? that's where I have a problem as I never stay two weeks running at any weight! haaa! I do always bounce back up to 75-80K as soon as I take the eye off the ball, mind...

OK my news - I'm off to the country for a long weekend tonight. Tomorrow, I have three appointments:
- we have a log delivery first thing... (as a city girl, the first time I ordered logs, I was surprised that they don't bring them in and stack them neatly for you... oh no, they press a button on their pick up truck, and loads of logs tumble onto the ground for you to pick up and carry to their final destination!)
- then <chim chimney chim chim cheroooo> is coming to do his thing... No need for me to mention what a disappointment he was the first time I saw him... Nothing like in the films!
- then the boiler gets its annual service too.

Expensive maintenance day.

Friday, we're driving to the Jura region for the day to visit my friend who lost her partner suddenly three weeks ago. She's some stuff she needs a (physical) hand with, and I'll be bringing Dukan food for me while she and OH eat the delights she always provides.

Otherwise, a normal weekend.

I'm just munching a peculiar PP breakfast... digesting the fact that I've just heard that my Nana has had a massive stroke and is in hospital, but that there's no point in my coming over... (oh and I'm not to tell my sister cos she's on holiday and ditto re not coming home)...

Just keep that protein coming...

She's 97 so an amazing woman who's never ever ill!
ooo how fabulous! I always envisage the characters, and hum the song to myself, while he's at the house...
The log sorting is actually a very stressful time in our house. They're delivered to the back door, and have to be brought inside for storage in the back room there... and the doorway is normal width... and OH and I constantly get in each other's way, and I usually get shouted at! So this time, I'm on muffin duty in the kitchen while he stacks!

Sorry to read about your nan, Jo:(. 97 without a day's illness is lovely though but doesn't make things easier for you now.

Logs - yup - they get dumped on the road and husband and I get them off there asap (he chucks them through the window, I hook the gate open and carry them round and dump them inside the outhouse door, then he stacks (I don't do them properly, apparently). Great exercise - although we have only 2 tonnes at a time to do (we get two deliveries as we are short on storage space), so get off lightly! We know people who go through 8 tonnes a year, must take ages!

is a tonne a stere? We're having 3 steres this time... (I thought a stere was a cubic metre...). Can I ask how much you pay per stere where you are, cos I know it varies wildly per region. A neighbour, who lives in the North of France year round, comes down specially for her wood, paying the tolls etc cos it's €65 odd a stere round her way! €25/stere for us.

Yes, it is 1m3. No idea how much that weighs though. Wood is expensive here (they're not stupid, gas, electric, oil have all increased, so why shouldn't they increase their prices too?) we pay 90€/tonne (delivered). I don't think it's too bad - especially as we use the range for cooking and heating the water for dishes too!

Hi Jo,

sorry about your Nana, but yes at 97 sounds like she's had a fulfilled life! If she's always been fit she may well make a good recovery. Good luck either way. My Scottish Nana passed away 'quickly' in a situation like that and although it is sad it was 'right' too...

I like your division of labour re: the stacking. You could always swap in the middle if you want to get your share of the exercise.

Have a good weekend even though it still seems ages away for us mere mortals...

Oh Jo Big hugs - sorry about your nana xxxx

So sorry to hear about your Nana's stroke, Jo. She sounds like a strong woman to have reached 97, which will hopefully stand her in good stead. I do hope all goes well with her.

Good idea about the muffin-making. So much nicer than having to move piles of logs. And I also hope you have a good weekend catching up with and helping your friend.

Thanks ladies, but as we all know, a grand old age... just hope it isn't slow and lingering. Speaking of which, no update on my poor cousin, so emailing his daughter to get latest before I go AWOL.

€90 a metre cubed is crazy compared to my €25 pittance! I envy you a range to cook on, Robin. They look so lovely!

hope you have a nice weekend and will be nice to see your friend even though its a very sad time for her. It seems to be all doom and gloom for you at the moment jo :( xxx

My thoughts are with you and your grandmother Jo...x

97 is an amazing age to reach having always been in good health she must've lived a very full life - so sorry it's taken a turn for the worse x

The true weight question you asked seems highly irrelevant for me to answer now... but as you asked, I usually put in where the weight settles before a restart...I've been hovering around high 11's give or take for a couple of weeks...so figured that's the weight to use..

xxx

Yes Vicky it's certainly a strange period for me at the moment and one at which, normally, I'd be reaching for a crutch of some sort (says she sucking frantically on Ricola sugar frees... just what I need NOT when about to sit in traffic jams for hours!!)

Re true weight - whether I put 75K or 80K in for the "easy" maintain weight, it tells me I'm below my true weight of 71K or 72K, respectively. (But I'm gonna beat the calculator...!)

Back