IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

:talk017::party0048::party0049::party0011::wee::woohoo:

well done Jo!!!!!

30 mins... and scared! How weird! (Ask Mouse... we were both scared before meeting!!) I guess the not knowing doesn't help either because, as her Hotel is out in the sticks, she mightn't make it in time, can't let me know cos her phone doesn't work (I'm guessing cos no text from her), and so I fixed a 10 min only waiting time cos I can't wait outside for ages!

Scared... did I say that?!

Anja - thanks for that. I'm less excited now that I know it's just clothes but, given that I initially put my 70K weight loss down to the M&S food store having closed, I should be pleased.

This weigh in is giving me ideas... re England... different ideas to those which I've said previously...

I'm going to write myself some rules. And (do my darnedestbestest) to stick to them.

Robin - what sort of books do you read? Hint hint! We could exchange! Condition of the books doesn't matter...

Last edited:
oh its exciting Jo - imagine what we all felt like meeting in Brum :D xxx

oh its exciting Jo - imagine what we all felt like meeting in Brum :D xxx

You guys were all tanked up before the meet. We did this "cold turkey" and drank water!

DD - because it's so easy to write rules in Cruise (when nothing tempts me), I'm looking at:

- no bread (cos I get silly with bread... + butter... + jam/honey etc. I'm happy without it now, so won't have any).

- I'm thinking no fish and chips, Chinese or Indian food... because they are again things I'm living without quite happily.

I will come out of ketosis because I've two events which will be awkward (Easter Monday food with OH's family at the beach... and my birthday).

Royal Wedding party could be awkward too...

But hey, if I can specify "occasions", and arrive with cooked (unfrozen in case I need to freeze there) chicken/salmon/prawns etc., I can get by...

Pondering and thinking... and, for once, am not feeling the usual sensation of stress and anguish at the thought of behaving myself somewhat. Each meal/day "in line", is that less to diet off afterwards, at least! And I shall walk plenty too...

Anyway it's new idea so I'll ponder a lot further doubtlessly between now and then... just three weeks to go :D

Last edited:
I can go out for an indian or chinese and have minimal damage...fish and chips would prove very tricky though!!!!!
when you say you will come out of ketosis re the meals//do you mean you will have potatoes or something?

DD - because it's so easy to write rules in Cruise (when nothing tempts me), I'm looking at:
[..snip..]
Pondering and thinking... and, for once, am not feeling the usual sensation of stress and anguish at the thought of behaving myself somewhat. Each meal/day "in line", is that less to diet off afterwards, at least! And I shall walk plenty too...

Anyway it's new idea so I'll ponder a lot further doubtlessly between now and then... just three weeks to go :D

Excellent stuff, we'll be watching! Good luck with your plan. I've not had any takeaway since last spring, and it's no big deal. I can make healthy Indian and Chinese no problem and the F&C are no great loss. no doubt I'll have some one day but it's not obligatory.

We're going to a gorgeous country pub for my birthday, with excellent cuisine, so no I won't be ordering steak and green beans... (Vicky's question made my stress level rise there...). Interesting.

I don't take away any of those things - we usually take my 97 year old Nana to the fish and chip resto near the port because she loves going there... Indian and Chinese are restaurants too where people I'll be spending the evening with will be going. I'm stressing now... so subject will close.

Of course I CAN cook. I do so 356 days of the darned year but this is MY HOLIDAY!! (how many days are there in a year?!!)

Sorry can't talk about this, getting itchy!

I guess what I can't seem to get across in a way that people who've not been on a diet for years is that I've lived on the SIDE of life for 35 years and I'm SICK OF IT!

Sorry... off to smoke my pen!

I could actually just cancel my holiday and stay here and eat chicken

frig!

Have a good weekend all... and normal cheerful service will resume Monday :D

Of course I CAN cook. I do so 356 days of the darned year but this is MY HOLIDAY!! (how many days are there in a year?!!)

I guess what I can't seem to get across in a way that people who've not been on a diet for years is that I've lived on the SIDE of life for 35 years and I'm SICK OF IT!

Absolutely - go and have your holiday! If the last few months are anything to go by you deserve it! If your potential list of rules helps to minimize the aftermath - so much the better. Sorry I mostly think in terms of takeaway - not been in a restaurant for too long :((kids...)

Have a good weekend!

:-D

You know, I think you'll be perfectly fine when you come over here, and any damage won't be anywhere near as bad as you're imagining.

Sounds like a good plan, Jo. After all, there's no point in eating things like takeaways and bread if you're not particularly partial to them. Very sensible.

Have a great weekend, too!

Jo, try not to worry about it so much. When you get over here you'll find a way to balance your diet over your holiday that doesn't ruin the work you've done so far but doesn't deny you pleasure on your events either. It'll work itself out in the end, but the most important thing is that you feel happy and comfortable with what you're doing.

morning skinnie minnie - how are you? how was the weekend? xxx

Busy morning at work, and now trying to eat... will read other people's diaries instead of moaning and worrying in mine!

Starting with Vicky's!

Back