IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

ooh are you a northener??? Its really gorgeous. we had the set meal for 2 yummy!

Looks lovely! We've lots of Japanese places around here for lunch, but none suitable for Dukan (unless you leave the rice! pay for something and leave it? hmm!)

Busy busy today... my office atmosphere sucks but at least it's all quiet cos no one's talking to anyone! hihi!

why whats wrong with everyone?? Tell us about the weekend (or rather tell me :D love hearing your stories xxx )

Oh I had a meltdown here in the office as well as here on the forum Friday afternoon! Well... so I came in ready to eat humble (Dukan) pie for my two sentence idiocy, but she who bit my head off therefor and then ranted for ten minutes (I do not exaggerate) without taking breath, wants to continue the silence. Fine by me! Since the third member of this lovely team isn't liked anyway, it's now silence in the office! More productive most likely!! Childish definitely! But life's too short and there's too much real stuff going on!

Weekend? Same old really... nearly strangled a pensioner who irritated me. Instead I repeated myself for the fifteenth time through gritted teeth... (There's a common denominator here - can't imagine who it is - I maybe need some chill pills... Dukan friendly ones!).

Yesterday I ate... lots... all Dukan friendly, mind. Not great pattern though but enjoyed it.

Nothing thrilling really...

Jeez Jo - you are het up love!!!!!! get pounding those pavements!!!!

You can joke but imagine being on two crutches and having neither to fall back on... aaaah! I am dreaming of going into a football ground, standing in the middle of an empty pitch, and SHOUTING! Wouldn't that be lovely? (No crowd required!!).

There's just a lot going on at the moment in my head. Diet's the least of it... at least Mother's Day is done and dusted!

aww Jo - hugs if needed and Ill be a punch bag holder too xxxx

Thanks lovely girl... fortunately I'm not violent (yet!) but woe betide the first who puts his hand on my butt on the metro! haaaa!

Oh I had a meltdown here in the office as well as here on the forum Friday afternoon! Well... so I came in ready to eat humble (Dukan) pie for my two sentence idiocy, but she who bit my head off therefor and then ranted for ten minutes (I do not exaggerate) without taking breath, wants to continue the silence. Fine by me! Since the third member of this lovely team isn't liked anyway, it's now silence in the office! More productive most likely!! Childish definitely! But life's too short and there's too much real stuff going on!

Weekend? Same old really... nearly strangled a pensioner who irritated me. Instead I repeated myself for the fifteenth time through gritted teeth... (There's a common denominator here - can't imagine who it is - I maybe need some chill pills... Dukan friendly ones!).

Sounds awful, Jo. I would just let the people at work get on with their daftness. I can't abide any nonsense like that.

I must have completely missed what happened on the forum, though. Dare I ask?

Arrrrrrrgh, we can put in earplugs if you need a shout, stamp your feet, kick something......

Well done staying on the protein, even if it was too much.

I must have completely missed what happened on the forum, though. Dare I ask?

I think that was me coming in with a completely inappropriate response to Jo's original planning post (yes?) :eek:

Anyway - good luck with another day, in the office. Sounds like this has happened before, so do you have a formula for getting out of it??

Your mention of Japanese food has given me ideas now!

Not you specifically Anja no, please don't think that... and your response, for 99.9% was spot on.

Just that I'm so anxious at having to avoid all social situations (because of my subsequent behaviour) that the thought of a time being "normal" is still appealing although I know deep down that "normality" is unlikely, and once the flood gates open... I wish I could turn my head off and just go with the flow, but I've done that before!

So with those flood gates in mind, I decided to stay in ketosis as long as possible. Easter Sat., no worries. Easter Sun., my sister's helpful so no worries. BUT last night I learned that, while yes my sister is going to prepare a Dukan friendly Jo salmon + veg meal, my father and girlfriend, also invited, have asked that lunch be early as they've a cricket match to attend <roll eyes emoticon>

Fine, I thought. This is normal family life, fitting in with other people to suit everyone.

Then I learned the time of the feast. Hot roast lunch will be served at 11.30am. (WHAT? Is it just me?) Obviously not, because now OH has now refused to go! (I was all for going and watching them eat and having mine microwaved hot later!! But he says no way is he eating at that time, or watching others eat).

Can you credit it? The best laid plans and all... sooooo we said we'd cry off, so sister's obviously upset, so I was given the job of ringing Dad and telling HIM 11.30am was no good! Offend another person? Why not. Bring it on! ho ho!

Oh dear, that is pretty early for lunch.

We have the same problem when we visit my mum and stepdad as they insist on eating their dinner at around 4.30-5pm. Since we're used to eating at between 8 and 8.30pm, we find this very difficult and aren't hungry at all that early in the afternoon. We end up having to force our food down and not enjoying it. My husband gets awfully frustrated by it, too.

I hope that it can all be sorted out without too much hassle or upset. It's a shame that they can't take a picnic with them for the cricket instead.

Morning Jo. Dont stress!!!!!! just been reading the posts back. ill pm you in a sec x
shame about the early dinner - and that IS early!!!!!

morning .....
and breathe !!!! i agree that is early ive not long had breakfast most days at that time .....

Oh dear, very early for lunch. I wouldn't fancy it either and I'm sure your Dad won't be offended.

Had a thought for you on Mothers Day, Jo xxx. I got through it myself by eating too many carbs in great company (great company recommended if not the carbs) but felt really sad in the evening once home. Am glad it's over too.

As for the books, will take stock once the bedrooms (kids') are back in order. No sci-fi stuff but mixed bag apart from that. Happy to offload them to a good home:).

For now, no one's offended and lunch is off... fine! (A picnic they probably would have done had they not accepted the "family lunch" then imposed a silly time! As a life long fan of a sport which respects Christmas and Easter days, I can't understand why there are official cricket matches on then cos it's family time.)

I wanted to post in my diary to show you my two new badges... I hesitated at accepting the "Maintainer"'s badge, and talked to Mini who convinced me, because while I might regain some, never all, so let's be positive :D

Today there's a meeting at the hospital to see what's going to happen next with my Nana. Occupational therapists + consultant versus three family members. Should be interesting (and if anyone thinks I'm a stroppy mare, they've not met my sister!).

Back