IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

let us know how it goes with Nana you 'proper' maintainer xxx

GL with the consultants, Jo.

Well done on the badges, although I too thought they were done by you because of your user name. Where did you get them from?

Minimims gave them to me :D (I was contacted by PM by the Top Bods of the place!)

The "Century Club" is about losing 100lbs... and the other is about maintaining and not regaining all.

Silly me thought like you DD... that it was just a badge for everyone based on their name!! haaaa!

I'm not one of the family members at the meeting obviously, cos taking place in the UK. I'm just waiting for a call later today. I expect they'll discharge her back home quite soon with no extra care package. Expect nothing, no disappointment that way! It's what she'd want, at least...

For now, no one's offended and lunch is off... fine! (A picnic they probably would have done had they not accepted the "family lunch" then imposed a silly time! As a life long fan of a sport which respects Christmas and Easter days, I can't understand why there are official cricket matches on then cos it's family time.)

Yes that sounds like a better solution - I can;t see anyone enjoying a 11.30 LUNCH, which to top it all might end up rushed because half the party have to depart at some given time. How about a leisurely family BRUNCH instead was the first thing that came to my mind - those who need to be somewhere can just bugger off leaving the rest of you to linger over coffee / croissants / whatever? Depending on your resolve / feelings you might even be able to have a Dukan-friendly one if you wanted to, sounds like your sister is on your side!

I wanted to post in my diary to show you my two new badges... I hesitated at accepting the "Maintainer"'s badge, and talked to Mini who convinced me, because while I might regain some, never all, so let's be positive :D
Yes and that's why I could not possibly accept one, there can only be one Maintainer around here!

Good luck for your Nana, hope the solution is the one she wants most, or needs most (hopefully one of the above...)

Oh and earlier you said:
Just that I'm so anxious at having to avoid all social situations (because of my subsequent behaviour) that the thought of a time being "normal" is still appealing although I know deep down that "normality" is unlikely, and once the flood gates open... I wish I could turn my head off and just go with the flow, but I've done that before!
Yes I get that completely. I suppose with the first sociable non-dukan meal you breach your Keto safety blanket? Tricky, but sounds like you know you need that holiday, switch the diet brain off and accept the food related side-effects. Your plan to push the tipping point as far away as possible by staying on track sounds like a good one...

Good luck and keep us posted on the Easter non-lunch saga :D

Yes and that's why I could not possibly accept one, there can only be one Maintainer around here!
Thanks Anja. I'll talk more later but I just wanted to say that I absolutely think that you and Robin and DD should accept them if offered... You are all three maintaining your weights.

here here Jo!!!

Hope things are less strained in the office today!

Hello! Actually, the silence now reigning in our office is far less strained that the previous atmosphere, so I'm fine with it. Sooner that than the hypocrisy which preceded it anyway!

Seeing the BEAUTIFUL weather this morning, and feeling much "better" in my head, I set out for a very long stomp this morning, alongside the Seine, and walked for 1hr10! Loved it. T'was a shame to have to come indoors to work.

The meeting yesterday went as feared and my 97 year old Nana will be discharged back to her own flat (once care package readjusted). It's not going to be easy to organise (family has to do this bit since it has to be private - the NHS is offering nothing) as one needs a fob to get in the complex (or there's an interphone system, but she doesn't let people in who buzz, even us, even before this stroke...), so having a third (private) care visit per day is hard and means a 3rd stranger each day. My father's overwhelmed by it all and isn't sounding healthy himself - nearly 80, heart condition recently diagnosed, and lung problem too... aaaah! Still, it'll all be sorted before I arrive and I have promised (myself and them) not to get bossy and try to "organise them", cos they hate that! As the absent family member, it's hard to suggest things (like that they schedule their own visits a little more intelligently - a bit of communication between them, if you like!!). Anyway, the long and short of it is that, even if the oldie is having to pay herself, family still can't opt for a safe secure option like a residential home IF the person says "nay". (They must have caught her at a good moment to have her say no to the right question! grrr!).

Much as we know it's what she'd have wanted (to go home, even though she wants to return to ANOTHER 50 years previous house), next time she mightn't be found as quickly as this...

Still... the sun is shining and I'm fit, healthy and well.

Ahh it is difficult. Hope things get into a routine quickly and painlessly as poss for her.

The sun is shining here too. But my walking curtailed by my inability to wake up, even after an earlier night.

Sounds like an Idyllic walk to work Jo.

Yes hope things fall into place with nana - its difficult being away I suppose as you say you cant suggest things as you arent there!

Can I help at all Jaqys with the waking up thing? Lend you a 7K bundle of hungry white fluff who pounces on full bladders at around 5.20am (on the dot twice this week!!).

Vicky - you know me - always keen to "suggest" but, because I can't join in the rota, it's not usually appreciated!!

;)

Ha ha - always easier to suggest when there isnt the likelihood of something being thrown at your head!
gorgeous day here!!!

Here too... very summery and I'm in cream trousers! First time they've seen air in two years :D

Can I help at all Jaqys with the waking up thing? Lend you a 7K bundle of hungry white fluff who pounces on full bladders at around 5.20am (on the dot twice this week!!).

I can lend you a quirky 15kg bundle who operates on a similar schedule and methods (5.45 this morning though), but might be a bit more talkative!

My days of living with a cat are not to be repeated.

Oh, yay for old clothes making a reappearance.

Children - runs screaming from the building.....

cream trousers! fab Jo - i wouldnt dare you could guarentee i would spill black coffee on them!

Fortunately it's too hot for coffee...

Jo, your Nana's stubborness is probably what has kept her going all of these years, so it can be a good thing! I can understand how worried you all must be, though - especially you (I live away from my family, too, and it's awful when one of them is experiencing difficulties).

Hope you can get a care plan in place for your Nana, Jo. I know what an added worry it is when you're some distance away.

I could never have cream trousers now (used to have a pair for work too;)). Great that you're getting use of smaller clothes.:D

Coffee - great idea. Just had a harrowing (and expensive) time shopping with the kids, so I deserve one!

cream trousers! fab Jo - i wouldnt dare you could guarentee i would spill black coffee on them!

Me too, I am such a mucky pup!

Back