IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Jaqs - no it was strange as I'd planned my fruit as normal, but the other half threw a spanner in the works by putting two packs of sushi in the trolley... agreed to remove one, and I should have left him to eat it on his own, but of course I had my share... and I think Sunday we had 4 portions of fruit.

So nothing "bad" in the grand scheme of things, but definitely some mouth hunger going on there, rather than stomach hunger!

I need to listen more to the latter and less to the former...

hey jo hunny ,how u getting on !!! it's a shame about the strike and also that the fuel in france in disapearing ,when we had a strike a while ago i got told (dont know how much of this is true ) that if we work for the nhs we where allowed to get fuel in front of everyone else mmmmmmmm i wouldnt be to sure on that score !!!!!! not in england !!!

There are some priority professions and it's true that hospitals need to function even in these trying times... so maybe. I don't know.

Yesterday I very nearly lost the plot. On a PP day (cos I do still have a couple of "clean" Dukan days in my week), starving hungry most of the day, and sore after the weigh in no doubt, I had urges. First I ate a small (shrivelled) apple I found in my drawer... then I had thoughts as to what to buy from the confectionary machine on the metro platform... at home, I stole a couple of plums from my other half's stash... and even thought about cooking some pasta... I'm glad yesterday is over!

I lost a pound yesterday... so just 1lb up on last week.

Daily weighing sucks! Nearly got me!

Hey Jo. So glad you didnt succomb to the machine (p.s. what do they sell in these?) . its true the weigh ins if bad can leave us demotivated, but atm im finding its is the opposite. I doubt i will be back to where i was at last weeks wi tomorrow, BUT I know im going to be good this weekend, ok ill be having vodka and kebab but its all allowed!
is your goal to get back in your size 12s again? do you think we will ever be able to accept who we are and say. right thats enough diet no more? (just eating well and not cr*p food?) Im dreading these clothes ive ordered coming as I know I should have ordered size 14 skinny jeans lol! although i doubt even in size 18 skinny jeans wil fit my legs!

I've only used that machine the once only - 2 x double twixes for €2. I ate the four bars discreetly on the metro so that no one thought me greedy (what?!!). I don't normally even see it. It doesn't register with me. Last night, it did!

Good weigh ins motivate me... bad ones can go either way!

I'm aiming first for 70K (cos it was my initial target weight in 2002, and the one the surgeon fixed at the time I'd checked re "repair surgery" when he measured my excess skin). That will be the lowest I'll have been all year.

Then, at 67K, I know I can get into my 12s... I bought FIVE pairs of size 12 trousers for work last Christmas and haven't worn them yet. Pathetic!

Below that, I won't bother with again... I couldn't stay there a week, let alone a lifetime.

I will probably always have to function with the 80/20 system (admittedly needing a lengthy 95/5 first, after messing with low carb...) all my life... I accept that better now.

I am sticking to not going back into ketosis though for as long as I can... I see others do it (I'll have this today, then 2 x PPs to compensate) and boy what a lesson for us "eaters" never to learn!

I never had you down as a twix person. so glad you didnt have anything! when you get to 10 1/2 stone will you go on conso? or will you just carry on as you have?
are you still going for surgery?

I'm more a creme egg or snickers girl, but I also like dissecting twix bars... layer by layer... (obviously not on the metro mind, else people would think me unladylike!!).

Because I'm not low carbing really now, I don't foresee "Conso" as such... I will have to go easy initially, mind.

Gosh no. The whole surgery idea was really because I was fed up with people telling me to try this or that exercise to tone myself up, so I went to a dermatologist. Who in turn referred me to a surgeon. I couldn't resist hearing his thoughts - three x body lifts (each requiring a week in hospital, four at home wearing a body stocking... more time if infection picked up... lots of pain guaranteed(!) - he mightn't have said that specifically, but I saw a programme on Channel 4!! - and he basically told me that while they'd do the operations for me, 90% reimbursed by the French social system because I'd lost so much weight on my own, the people who could put up with the pain and discomfort for that length of time - and the scarring afterwards of course - would be those who had a real psychological problem with the skin.

I didn't... he knew that... I was flying high at the time I went into his office at about 80K feeling as skinny as heck... and so I decided there and then, not for me...

Besides, I'd been on the beach in a bikini with my excess skin... and scars wouldn't look much better!!

My comments re cosmetic surgery are just my own thoughts and I don't mean to sound condescending to those who have done it. While I don't like my skin, scars wouldn't be better either... and, I always say that they're my reminder of where I came from - 22 stone 2lbs!!

And, typing this out MIGHT even help me remember where I came from!! It's so weird being so freaked out at the "little" I've regained... and feeling such a heifer always!

thats what i do with twix jo (p.s. there is a new cadburys egg out for halloween Screme egg the bit in middle is apparently green?)
good for you on the surgery and what a great idea of the french to reimburse!

you have done amazingly well and you really shouldnt feel like a heifer Jo - you arent!

mmmm creme eggs and snickers a girl after my own heart lol
i couldnt do surgery but that because im a wimp ....i think if you can deal with yourself then thats a start , I hate lots of things about my body but i wont change it ....at least you can say youve lost the weight and you are healthier

Well done on remaining twixless!

Xx

Euw at the thought of a green creme egg! haaaa! Now that Cadbury's has been taken over by Kraft (boo hiss from a previous Cadbury's shareholder, albeit a teeny one...), I suppose it's going to taste like that nasty Hershey's chocolate!

no they cant change the taste. and hersheys is ok.

(you think?!! ever tried the Hershey's "kisses"? A friend used to bring me back all different flavours for catsitting for her... they vary from "spew flavour" to "vomit flavour"... each more disgusting than the other! We tried them all then threw them out!)

Plus, because of the Kraft thing, I'm boycotting Hersheys... cos, eventually, they'll take Cadbury's stuff off the shelves in the UK, I'm sure... as well as close most of the factories...

well they would be amking a fool of themselves. kraft is cheese slices, cadburys is choc. does that mean i need to start stockpiling buttons?

sorry, it's been such a long time since I fixated on chocolate(!!), that I'm boycotting the wrong brand... it's not Hersheys (although their kisses DO taste of sick - JACQs... please don't try...) but MILKA that I must boycott!

And I've just seen that Kraft make Philadelphia, Ritz, Oreos and all sorts! ugh!

Cheeseburger Pie
Total carbs 9c. Serves 4
Ingredients:
500g lean minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
3 eggs

Fromage frais Half a tub
low fat grated chedder if you can get

salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add fromfrais, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

jo amended it a bit, but thats what i made and it was lovely. think i put in low fat babybel grated (that was fun!) as i didnt have any other cheese.

Hersheys mmm i love the peanut bar which was massive a couple of years ago and since the "takeover " has shrunk ...me thinks it was clever ploy for the americans to take over the english taste buds

hey jo glad to hear u didnt fall of the wagon ur a good un !!!!!!!!

Hey how's it going over there Jo?

Hope you're keeping out of the trouble - heard a bad news report last night and was concerned...they mentioned tear gas and allsorts

hope you're ok hun x

Back