IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Thank you Anja...; and YES, you really do deserve to spend some money on yourself to show off your new figure.

When I feel slim, I'm happy to wear close fitting clothes and am far more confident. When feeling tubby, I "cover up" more and I now see how my wardrobe doesn't contain those sort of clothes any more. Yours perhaps is the reverse if you've not totally revamped since your loss...

So YES, you deserve it.

Yes Anja go shopping, even if you dont buy much, trying on all the glam dresses that are out at the moment is great when they fit!
The best thing about wearing a fancy dress at home is not having to wear fancy shoes with it ;)

Off to the country later Jo?

No occasion to dress up for *heaves sigh of relief* as I can't 'do' dresses (top heavy so they cling where they shouldn't).

Wearing a dress is a real rarity for me, Robin. As a big girl, I lived in tent dresses and skirts and in fact obtained (not bought, they were passed onto me by a friend) my first pair of jeans at the grand age of 38. Now you can't get me out of jeans and trousers!!

BUT, my Mum used to like us to dress up on Christmas Day, and so I do... always... (and because she never considered trousers to be dressing up, like many of her generation...)!

Jaq - yes I'm off to the country tonight. I went to the Beaujolais Nouveau thing last night by the way and had three mouthfuls of the wine, and about the same of the meat, nuts, strange exotic fruit on offer (avoided the cheese - boy the smell in the room was plenty for me!!).

Tomorrow, we're invited for aperitifs with an elderly neighbour - and we're taking the crémant as it's not the first time we've been to him - it's already decided. I'll have a glass, and one of whatever he puts on a plate to go with it - no choice there - but a chicken leg will be awaiting me on my return, and that'll be lunch. Can't say I'll do much exercise either, cos rain is forecast, but the place needs hoovering and it's pretty big so that's a work out!

I did some interesting reading last night - continuing while the going is good. I'm still in the early chapters of the book, but again we returned to the strengthening of the resistance muscle and not of the giving in muscle. It then went onto something very interesting - not something you people in ketosis have to deal with at the moment I don't think, but when out, you might well...

It talked of how, when faced with temptation, we might feel inwardly tense or even stressed (yes) while the thoughts fly round in our head (I call them my "voices"). It went on to say how, when we decide to eat whatever, we get a sense of RELIEF. Yes. I can relate to that.

It continued to say how that sense of relief is felt BEFORE we eat whatever... (I'm incredulous but yes, never thought of THAT before!). The pressure lifts as soon as the decision is taken.

And so we still don't have to eat whatever.

And that there's also a real euphoric sensation after RESISTING... and that, while the first (or tenth) times it might be tough to resist, the ensuing feelings of euphoric need to be "bottled" for reminders... and then, the more often we've resisted, the easier it becomes. And the RELIEF of eating whatever is replaced by the EUPHORIA of not having eaten.

Another sentence I read last night - "just because I'm hungry, doesn't mean I have to eat."

Food for thought...

It continued to say how that sense of relief is felt BEFORE we eat whatever... (I'm incredulous but yes, never thought of THAT before!). The pressure lifts as soon as the decision is taken.

And so we still don't have to eat whatever

Do you know what? what a good idea, thats kind of like a light bulb moment, lol. I will have to put it into practice sometime.

brill post JO. ooh cheese and wine! heaven - bet you were quite tiddly after those glasses?

have a lovely weekend - sounds lovely xxxx

not glasses Vicky... three mouthfuls...

And that there's also a real euphoric sensation after RESISTING... and that, while the first (or tenth) times it might be tough to resist, the ensuing feelings of euphoric need to be "bottled" for reminders... and then, the more often we've resisted, the easier it becomes. And the RELIEF of eating whatever is replaced by the EUPHORIA of not having eaten.
Wow! I haven't been on here for a while and it is difficult to catch up with everything, but I am so glad I read this! :):). I've found the diet quite easy to stick to while in cruise as without carbs I don't get cravings but I do worry that I will fall by the wayside when I start reintroducing them in conso so this is really helpful to know.

The theory certainly sounds good... just hope we can put it into practise when the moment arises!

ah right Jo. have a lovely weekend :) xxx be good!

morning Jo - nice weekend babes?

Hello there... nice yes thank you. Not "clean" but not out of control so I assume the decisions I made...

busy at work darn !

well thats a good as you can be. :D cant wait to hear all later - love your weekend stories :D

Hello there, and I was just thinking about updating my lil ole diary!

Weekend exploits... well, we were invited to an elderly neighbour's for crémant (Burgundy version of champagne) and nibbles at noon Saturday so I duly prepared a light lunch before going out to avoid any pitfalls on my return and... he'd gone out and forgotten us! So we had to go on Sunday instead, and do the same preparation again!

Sunday morning, we made 20lbs of sausages - some for "Christmas orders", some for ourselves. Not Dukan friendly but something I've had each Sunday evening since "doing my own thing".

Oooh and we spent awhile moving furniture around - emptying and grrr having to dust(!)...

This week, my food intake is totally different to normal in that I decided that I'd gone too far away from "normality" (whatever that is) and so I'm returning more to what I did before... at least the water fluctuations might be less dramatic.

Back in a mo

So a couple of menus...
Monday - 4.5km walk
Breakfast - Dukan muffins

Lunch
chicken, steamed shredded white cabbage and sprouts
fat free yoghurt

5pm
apple
sugar free jelly (1/3 sachet) - other half bought me some lemon + lime ones - they are NASTY... kind of like "lemsip" flavour!

Dinner
grilled salmon and mixed salad

Tuesday
5km walk
Breakfast - Dukan muffins

Lunch
Grilled salmon, steamed shredded white cabbage and sprouts
fat free yoghurt

5pm
clementine
sugar free jelly (1/3 sachet)

Dinner
5% fat burgers with dry fried egg on the top

Jo - fancy your neighbour forgetting lol.
Your menu sounds good especially the white cabbage and sprouts - i might have to start doing that for lunch too! so you are doing 'healthy eating' with low carb as opposed to pure dukan?

I've not done pure Dukan for months now... I thought you knew that...?

I've always been very anti the dipping in and out of ketosis since reading some stuff on it, and knowing I was "using" it to fuel my eating disorder...

My other half brought me back some little tiny sprouts from England - and I so love them - but, with hindsight, it was "unfortunate" to have mixed them with white cabbage (I had half leftover from previous weekend). 2 x "windy" veg together!!

I decided that there's just no point playing the water game four weeks before Christmas, and I've got at least one thing on each week between now and then, so I'm aiming to have a little more "normality" in my menus because I'm fed up with putting my life on hold AND not getting the result because of my weekend antics!

Thursday, there's a Thankgiving lunch at the office so there'll be carbs, but I'll restrict them of course.

So damage limitation, while preserving a social life, between now and the end of the year... and next year, the jaw will be wired firmly shut.

I've not done pure Dukan for months now... I thought you knew that...?
yes i did but just confirming thats not what you doing now :D

Lol at the wind - bet o.h. is loving you atm!
good for you jo-sensible eating and then having your xmas meals /thanksgiving meals whilst still carb restricting is a great way to go.
Everyone low carbing knows how hard its going to be this xmas (even those not low carbing) dieting is not easy at the best of times!

Back