IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

oh! (we beat them at football last weekend so I've heard of Peterboro...). You'll have to come over here!

LOL!!!! ill sort something out for next year Jo - i love paris anyway :D

So a couple of menus...

Hi Jo,

the menus look good - and glad to hear you had a good weekend too! Yes social occasions are alwasy tricky to build into any diet, I am already doing mental arithmetic on how to sort out my Christmas invitations etc. I think I'll just draw up a big master-plan, starting about mid-Dec and ending in Jan. I need one too, and MUST remember to look at it, as I nearly forgot that I'd had pasta last night (as planned)! It's pinned up in the kitchen...

As for you other conversation:
C&D '81: I can remember the TRAIN of the dress, and some TV footage. Of course I was not in the UK (aged 11)
F&A: I actually happened to be in Ireland at the time for 'summer camp' but had no idea really, one afternoon all the teachers were glued to the TV and we worked out why and were not exactly interested.

Diana Accident: I was in Turkey (work), and I have to say I'm glad to have avoided that collective display of grief and mourning. When the accident happened it was wierd, rumours, not sure what was going on it was all so unbelievable. We were in this remote place, minimal internet access (dial-up once a day for e-mail download!) and only had a few radios that were receiving BBC world service.

For 911 we were in the same place in Turkey too and that was an even stranger experience but at least that time we had access to turkish TV (which is not exactly BBC!).

wow strange what we remember 911 i was driving down the M5 had to pull off at the services ...

Morning Jo - depression stories on your diary today! how are you?

I'm fine thanks - my walk was a bit nippier than usual, but not yet cold enough for me to forget vanity and wear a woolly hat (that'll be next week!!).

Your picture is brilliant! Guaranteed to raise a smile!

LOL thanks Jo :D
Ive decided I need to find myself a nice french man so im coming to Paris!!!

if your going shopping for nice French men can I come ???

certainly :) Jo fancy being a match maker?

LOL :) im spreading my search to Italy too now. dont want to restrict myself to just France :D

Ok, since I lowered the tone yesterday, here's another Christmas funny thing to do. This is my workplace:
Shelter Housebling - Bling your house this Christmas!
A bit early I know but decorations were officially switched on in Cambridge at the weekend and it *is* the first of Advent at the weekend!

Jo, do you get any private lights decorations in France, or just municipal / commercial ones in towns and cities?

woo is that your house anja?? its gorgeous

Vicky - maybe internet might be a good place? I don't know any... I think the 25 yr old I work with might be too young? Speaks good English mind!

Anja - on the way to the house from the motorway, there are a few houses with lights but nothing like those we sometimes see in England. I can't say I'm a fan (and hope I'm not offending anyone!!). A tree with some lights perhaps... or something twinkling in a window...

But the thing I find the most annoying over here is that they don't have the "take down by Jan 6 or else" rule, so you'll find the odd Santa on the chimney in March! I bought my house in October and there was a small piece of tinsel in the lounge he obviously didn't see any more!

yes im thinking older ;) but thanks. Might have myself a little peek on the internet!

morning Jo - loads of snow here!

Morning Jo, we have a wee bit of snow here, hope you are wrapping up warm, have you got your hat on yet??? I had to wear my ear muffs this morning on my walk

woo is that your house anja?? its gorgeous

Ha Vicky - it's my WORKplace.... Our house on google is a buiding site with a skip (or was last time I looked): we had an extension done in 2008.

Good afternoon everyone,

no snow here in Cambridge, not even a hint (yet?)

Anja - on the way to the house from the motorway, there are a few houses with lights but nothing like those we sometimes see in England. I can't say I'm a fan (and hope I'm not offending anyone!!). A tree with some lights perhaps... or something twinkling in a window...

But the thing I find the most annoying over here is that they don't have the "take down by Jan 6 or else" rule, so you'll find the odd Santa on the chimney in March! I bought my house in October and there was a small piece of tinsel in the lounge he obviously didn't see any more!

Tee hee - yes I agree I too prefer the 'plainer' approach to Christmas lights too, inside and out! White lights on trees, especially in gardens etc are lovely - we used to see lots in Germany driving to my parents in the winter. Over here they are multi-coloured and normally twinkle too...

At my house we have plain white lights for the tree, and a single lit star (wooden) to hang in the window. The old lights on my parents' tree are actually candle shapes, which you clip on like proper candle holders. They've had them since the 70s (when they switched from wax candles because of me) and they're still going strong and look lovely! I wish you could still get those, never seen them anywhere.

Not sure the 'take down' rule always works, I know several houses around here where the stuff has stayed up from one year to the next...

Back