IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

im totally with you there i think we a e destined for phase 2 for ever hun ......I can behave on conso and have all the thoughts you do xx

I still have terrible cravings and did some secret eating myself (that box of chocolates I mentioned in my diary) fairly recently. It's so hard to try to get out of doing that. Definitely one of the problems of allowing yourself more leeway and getting carbs etc back into your system.

It should at least be of some comfort to you, Jo, that you recognised what you were doing and did try to take steps to stop yourself. If you're anything like I was (and, unfortunately, still have the potential to be), you could have just gone on a protracted, several days long all-out binge - but you didn't. Picking yourself up and dusting yourself down after your slip, as you have done, takes strength.

Sorry to butt in but OMG I love Hippo! Every time I go to Paris I eat there. I couldn't find it last time though as I was used to it being right on champs elysees behind a glass building of cars, but now it's up a side street I believe? I only found it again by chance lol.

Have a lovely time, and a great meal!!

You're NOT butting in... my diary is for everyone and if you've some words of assistance for me, I'm listening!

Yes Hippo is just off the Champs. Nearest metro George V... right hand side with l'Arc behind you, next block down from Fouquets (small side street to the right but you can see Hippo from the Champs). Let me know when you're next here!

Gosh that is BEAUTIFUL... It's also on the RER A line apparently which is far better situated than where you'd previously thought of coming. Direct to central Paris. I'd bite their hands off!

Another downer... but I'm putting my fingers in my ears and not letting this get to me...

This morning, our scales decided to pee us off. These scales are probably seven or eight months old, so still under guarantee, but I have JUST started noticing that if you get on them twice in succession (or four times as I saw Friday, once I'd noticed!), I get a different reading each time! Up to 4K more for OH today! He took them into the bathroom and this no longer happens (RESULT!) but they weigh him far heavier!!! OK, the reasonable person knows one hasn't really GAINED weight - just that the scales were giving us false hope previously.

So deep breaths - and I must tell myself that I haven't GAINED any weight since this morning, just that I didn't really weigh this morning what I saw on the scales (which, actually, shouldn't surprise me as I've definitely more blubber around the belly at the moment :-()

While down at heart, fitting that another of my bosses quit today... rats deserting a sinking ship? Surely not!

oh dear hun lets hope the scales are a blip !!!

as for the boss situation very odd obviously something going on

No it's not a blip. It's real.

At least I've no official weigh in this week as tomorrow's my last day on the board until next week! hihi! Finally we get a Bank Holiday over here, after all those ones you guys have had... like buses, they come in twos!

lol happy bank hols !!!

mmm im starting to hate the scales !!!

Another downer... but I'm putting my fingers in my ears and not letting this get to me...

This morning, our scales decided to pee us off. These scales are probably seven or eight months old, so still under guarantee, but I have JUST started noticing that if you get on them twice in succession (or four times as I saw Friday, once I'd noticed!), I get a different reading each time! Up to 4K more for OH today! He took them into the bathroom and this no longer happens (RESULT!) but they weigh him far heavier!!! OK, the reasonable person knows one hasn't really GAINED weight - just that the scales were giving us false hope previously.

So deep breaths - and I must tell myself that I haven't GAINED any weight since this morning, just that I didn't really weigh this morning what I saw on the scales (which, actually, shouldn't surprise me as I've definitely more blubber around the belly at the moment :-()

While down at heart, fitting that another of my bosses quit today... rats deserting a sinking ship? Surely not!

That's why I'm so reluctant to change mine. They're old-ish mechanical ones, but extremely well-made and don't seem to fluctuate much.

Bad news about your boss, especially as I seem to remember you saying that they're generally okay (unlike the annoying non-speaky people you share your office with).

Enjoy your bank holiday! Been shopping again today and bought a dress a skirt and a top.
Beautiful villa gone - lovely French lady replied that had just booked for our week :-( searching again now!

Enjoy your bank holiday! Been shopping again today and bought a dress a skirt and a top.
Beautiful villa gone - lovely French lady replied that had just booked for our week :-( searching again now!

Ooooh, Mouse, got any photos of your new togs? Would love to see! :)

I've just ordered a strapless top. Previously, I had to stop wearing them because of the weight gain as they used to squidge up the podgy bits under my arms - not the most pleasant of sights. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get away with it now.

Such a shame about the villa. I think that half of us have probably bookmarked the page for it in case we ever get the chance to stay there in future!

Hope you find something else at least equally nice.

Back