IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I feel as if we've met already!! It's a shame you've too far ooop north to make it down for our South meets over Christmas etc!

I know that going to 9st7lbs would mean lowering it back down again, but I'm trying to encourage you not to... because you look good as you are! With the right bra/cut of dress etc etc., everyone can have boobies ;)

(I wondered about a discreet sausage dog motif on your train... anyone who knew you well would smile at your back view walking up the aisle, or I suppose you could just tuck your skirt in!!)

Lol Jo. Knickers tucked in is not a good look :) maybe a sausage dog on my garter...i have some lovely broaches :) and i think nine stone seven i would look ill.
Thanks jaq xxxx

How is everyone this morning...sunny here again, glad as ill get my dog walk in tonight! got photographer round tonight to look at his portfolio.!

See that wedding is on the horizon, Vicky - brilliant. :) Congratulations!

I think you should presuade Tickle that sausages should be maids of honour. They could have bows to match the bridesmaids.:D

oooh yes... little sausage attendants for the bridesmaids!

I walked MILES this morning - must put the route I took into the walking website I found to see how far it was. I have a lunch out today, with GLUCIDES(!) and so thought I'd do a little extra.
x

ooops... my diary fell off the front page. That fact alone should tell you all you need to know.

Suffice to say that my demons have been causing me problems this weekend. I had Friday off, some stuff kicked off at the office on Thursday which I couldn't get sorted before leaving, so I took worries away with me... and pondered... (and ate)... and pondered (and ATE) more.

Now back at the office, the worries seem silly. I've had to advance my holiday forward a week, but I'm ok with that now. Things are changing again for me at work, but it'll be positive once it's all happened and I'm settled again. Just that change and me aren't very happy together.

Resolutions seem futile so I'll not put any more pressure on. (If ever you feel I'm hard on you guys, you should listen to me talk to myself!! Witch? I wish!!). Doing what I can, when I can, and Thursday lunch is a gala...

Sorry to hear work was causing stress for you.

Don't give yourself too much of a hard time, just a regular one, imagine you are giving me a stern talking to ;)

I had a look at your pictures - wow, you really look amazing, such a fantastic achievement.

Hope your week gets much better!

morning Jo. Shame the worries ruined your weekend, but we are all guilty of doing that. Glad things are brighter than you thought x

ah things are never quite so bad when you actually get to the event and just have to get on with things... Thanks Vick x

very true its just the worrying (i always think things are worse!).
so what plans do you have for next weekend then? any more friend visits or a quiet (ish) one?

This coming one will be routine: Sat: shopping, market, veg picking... weeding (who am I kidding)... Sun: "vide grenier" (as shopper) on Sunday am. Then the following one, I'll be there for the following week (and will be preparing for the village vide grenier on 18th Sept, at which we will have a stall and attempt to sell some of our old rubbish and not bring home too much of other people's!).

No more guests this year :-( (cos, once it gets cold, it gets REALLY cold where we are... house included, so best not!)

I promise that today was always going to be my official weigh in this week, irrespective of what the scales said! :D

Today my new team is out to lunch together (fixed menu, two choices only starter, main, dessert) so it'll be my gala. I'm going to ring up beforehand and try to figure out what the choices are so as to be able to do my usual restaurant plan (choose wisely beforehand, then not be tempted by other people's choices at the table when hungry). It'll be a gala meal anyway.

Lots of "weight" has shifted since last Friday, surprisingly enough given my Sunday food behaviour. Vive le stresse! I've walked LOADS, and run around the office constantly, so that is maybe helping too.

Although I'm not in ketosis, as usual, I'm not struggling with "voices" during the week but do eat plenty of protein + veg most days. Just my usual weekend issues really.

"Holiday" (aka 9 days' hard labour at the country place + veg plot) from Fri 9th to Mon 19th inc.

well done on the loss Jo, yes stress does affect us, but good you are doing this without ketosis!
Wow that doesnt sound too much of a holiday though but will get burning those cals!

i reckon youve sent the voices on holiday to my head !!!

Hmm, tried to post and my computer deleted the whole thing!

Start again...

Sorry to hear you were having a stressful time at work. My last job (before I started working for our company) was incredibly stressful. More to do with my boss than with the work itself, but it affected everything including my family.

So very happy to hear that things will change for the better for you. Stress you can do without!

Have a lovely working holiday and huge congrats on your weight loss : )

Thank you! Last night I was at the hairdresser's and took my muffins but I really wasn't hungry so just had the one when I got home at 9pm (oh and a slice of OH's freshly home cured bacon!). Delicious!

70.1K this morning, so pretty pleased with that. Lunch was divine. "Interesting" concept at a posh restaurant to have a cheaper than usual meal in that starter, main and pud arrives at the same time! As my main was hot, and starter not, I ate the former first! Bread was homemade, as was choc with coffee too. Delish.

Back to reality now and a really NASTY breakfast for me today - I got out one of my little meat packages from the freezer last night to have with a boiled egg... and discovered this morning that I'd inadvertently defrosted a pack of LIVER... (why oh why didn't I label it?!). While I might like liver for dinner occasionally, for breakfast? ah well!

Vicky - I have to keep busy busy all the time these days... I'm incredibly fidgetty, and if I get 'bored', tend to eat so best to find myself jobs. I discovered that one of the team is expecting a baby in Oct (well his wife is) so I've dug out my wool and I'll get something going in front of the fire Sat pm no doubt! Excellent distraction is knitting and even I find it difficult to eat while knitting (nose bag would work, mind ;)).

Oooh scrumps - I'm sorry to hear that. As we've found so often in the past, not only is Cruise far easier than the next step (whatever we're calling what we're doing now!), but once we've weakened, it's that much harder each time to return to the fold!

The worries at work should be better now that things are finally settling. I'll be busy, yes - that's fine - just not in this unenviable position of "filler inner" where one never quite knows what's what. I finally have three (edited to say FOUR) bosses of my very own, and one more to come on Monday.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Ah Jo i know about keeping busy im the same - never seemed to have the problem when smoking though. Oh perhaps you can knit me a wedding dress? the one i have my eye on is rather expensive ;)

Lunch sounds interesting with bringing everything at once? is that to get you out of the restaurant quickly?

I tend to knit baby size clothes, because I get bored too soon with adult ones. I know you are tiny, but... ;) Still, that's one way of getting your sausage dog knickers noticed as you strut down the aisle! :D

How exciting having a wedding dress in mind... I understand the no pics things but are you going for fitted? (fish tail?)

I was never bored when smoking. I concur! At the end of a meal I'm hostessing, I grab everyone's plates as soon as they've finished and race to the kitchen to start the washing up (while others tend to their habit...). That's the one per day I still miss (after four years, 7 months!).

Re resto - I wondered actually whether it wasn't to save on work for the waiters but, on the contrary, there were loads of them and they were very attentive!

How exciting having a wedding dress in mind... I understand the no pics things but are you going for fitted? (fish tail?)
yes kind of. i love it!
have had a major diet breakthrough this last week and it still continues i am thin!!!!! how long has it taken me! even had some hotpant pjs on last night and didnt think i looked too bad so sent a pic to Linz!

hope your weekend has been lovely Jo. x

Back