IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Good luck with the cat.

Think I've had my fill of the other side already, tiny people, 10 days in attack, no book.

Tis cosy over here.

Have a good weekend.

Hi Jo,

yes good luck with the cat - I used to have one and he was expert at not letting himself be put in the transport cage...

Well done on the walking - you must be so fit now! Do you record it at all? A (running) friend of mine just totted hers up and found she had run nearly 1200 km in the last year. What a boost!

Have a good weekend!

Can I join you with banging head against a wall lol

omg what are they on !!! still its January so we have to expect it i suppose :/

Wait it out and hope that a new fad sweeps along soon?

Though do want to help the people who need the diet, it's just hard to find them. Answering questions helps to remind me the rules and tips. Just maybe not in January.....

I'm thinking about putting on my sig....

"if you can't be arsed to fill in your stats, then I can't be arsed to answer your dumbarse questions"

harsh...but fair I think....x

agree .. as for the bmi of zilch that is just madness

I'm thinking about putting on my sig....

"if you can't be arsed to fill in your stats, then I can't be arsed to answer your dumbarse questions"

harsh...but fair I think....x

YES.. BUT isn't it all the people accessing MM through their phones who can't see / know about / edit the stats?

AND if you can't be arsed they won't see you sig anyway :D:D

Nevertheless I agree! I hardly post these days anyway...

It is a shame cos of course there are some genuine posters over there, and you're probably right about the iphone thing (although most do say they've been reading us for ages before joining, so WHY NOT KNOW RE USER CP THEN??? we say it often enough!).

You guys mention the low carb megastore. What bugs you about that? (I've never ordered anything, and personally can't see the point in feeding my overly sweet tooth any further, but do you think they're OK for Dukan or not?)

I have made a discovery this weekend. I like rhubarb. (Leastwise the Me on Dukan with limited "fruit" options likes rhubarb). I had OH buy 2 x 1K packets, and we both thought I'd gone rather OTT but we got through half one packet at the weekend (and only had half a ramekin each twice!). Now I hear it has "other benefits". I alas await those eagerly!!

Anja - I've never thought of adding up, but yes I do log each day which of my walks (which I've already calculated distance of) I did, or didn't if it rained, so I could easily tot up. Gosh!!

The vet's visit was harrowing. My scared little girl behaved impeccably but there was an emergency at the clinic and so we had to wait ages in the waiting room, listening alas. The poor people had to have their dog put down. The third unexplained (poisoning?) death in a month at their property (farmers I think) and so they were heading straight to the police station to register a official complaint. Awful
x

How awful jo :( a friend of mines had 4 cats poisoned in the space of 2 weeks last year , it was heartbreaking for them

I was very creative with my rhubarb (not). I simply placed it frozen in a dish in the oven (single layer), following the instructions on the frozen packet! I put a bit of splenda under it... it was SOUR to the taste but it grew on me. After all, rather than buying sweet junk at the Low Carb store, I wanna cure my sweet tooth rather... I enjoyed it!

I would kill anyone with my bare hands who I found doing that sort of thing to animals.

Sounds like me and Rhubarb - frozen goes directly into microwave with some sweetener and compote then goes onto EVERYTHING esp pancakes with Fromage Frais at breakfast YUM!

Sorry for the indirect vet-ordeal....

Re walking: you should - you will be AMAZED! because you do cover quite considerable distances every day.

Ladies, I have been reading your posts with interest. On my starting stats my BMI is within the 'range', but I was with weight watchers for the first 16lbs I lost, which is not recorded in the stats. I changed because I had hit a plateau and just couldn't seem to shift anymore, and was hoping that DD would help me to just lose those pesky 9lbs to reach my goal weight, Maybe some of the others on 'the other side' as you call it are in the same loop..just a thought.

Fatmands - I understand what you're saying, and you're probably right for some (although I'd still advise caution at starting such a diet as Dukan for such a small weight loss, as the removing of food groups does require very slow reintroduction), many are just looking for a quick fix, and we see this more at certain times of the year. Quick fix phases 1 and 2 might be, but without a lengthy period in phase 3 thereafter, it's hard to stabilise the loss... so not the best diet for a small loss as has been shown over and again here. Anyway, those serious newbies I think are helped out where we can although with the constant "updates", it's not easy these days.

Thank you for your input though, and it's true that we were all newbies at some point ;)

Anyway... I'm off to a restaurant for lunch today. Brave? Me? Nah! I know the menu off by heart and know exactly what I'll order :)

It's called "Paradis du Fruit", and of course I can't have the fruit, but one of their dishes is lettuce, cherry tomato, + four tiny "ingredients" (I chose chicken, salmon, salmon (yep), egg). I chose (bland!) steamed veg instead of coleslaw, chips or rice AND I picked out each and every pea!! And I said no dressing, no sauce. And drank water. My halo is SHINING :)

Back