IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

OH arrived at the house yesterday morning, turned the tap on, and WATER came out ;) No pipes burst, and all is well. Needless to say, he then went out to buy lagging, and guess what he'll be doing today!!

Gained 400g this morning after smoked salmon + eggs for tea... as usual ;)

Hooray glad to hear it all seems to have survived in working order!

We've got a heating problem at work - also an after-effect of the very cold spell, and desperately waiting for estates management to come and fix it!

Weight-wise taking a 'week off' strict Conso with kids at home and out & about plus social occasions (birthday today), so I seem to manage PV/conso to afternoon and then I have a celebration meal / extras nearly every day...
At least my new Kindle will keep me out of mischief from today (I can just read oatbran recipes ;-D when feeling peckish)

Still running - managed 6.5 km on Sat but only a shortish 20 mins on Tue morning. Probably going out this PM - it's sorely needed! And it's getting lighter - hooray!

(might have to repost this to my own diary!)

thank goodness there are no burst pipes :D

I got through two evenings as a single girl without emptying the cupboards :) I planned an evening snack as an extra, and ate it just because it was there with my name on it - not because I was hungry - so no change there!

I've walked to work each day this week... eaten 100% Dukan. And have lost... Nutting! identical weight to the nearest gramme as last Friday, although I've seen lower in the week! Oh well, onward and hopefully offward!

Wood delivery at the house tomorrow. Pumpkin soup to be made (I used half in last weekend's soup, left half for this weekend's if it hasn't gone off.) Walks to get in. Neighbour to visit.

Ohhh and did I mention that I'm getting married?!!! (not until September, and a small do - no frilly dress - but I'm getting stuck into the inevitable preparation already cos France really does love its paperwork! (OH is incredulous that we have to apply for "new" birth certificates - as if anything has changed - and they must be dated within six months of the wedding, so too early to do it yet, and be translated by sworn court approved translators... and that's just the start!

I got my ring last night (alone... jeweller rang to say it was ready, and that he was closed next week for holidays... so...). Feb 29th is the engagement evening - sashimi dinner to celebrate.

And so I guess that's why I'm a little blonder than usual at the moment... slightly distracted! I didn't think I'd get so "in the mood" already, as we aren't exactly in the flush of youth or romantic people!

x

Congratulations to you both Jo on your engagement and the September Wedding to come. Never too old for a bit of romance as said to MrR on Tuesday ......... Pics of the ring please asap :)

Whoop on the news.
No frilly dress :( Ha! I'm sure you'll find something lovely.
Wow on the paperwork.

Oh well on the sts, be off next week, hopefully.

Enjoy the weekend.

Congratulations to you both Jo on your engagement and the September Wedding to come. Never too old for a bit of romance as said to MrR on Tuesday ......... Pics of the ring please asap :)
'tis in its box, wrapped up, awaiting Feb 29th... ;)

CONGRATS - what lovely news! Ohh how exciting ;-) Shame about the paperwork (I knew there was a reason why I got married in the UK, though we had a bit of paperwork to complete in person at the German embassy)

Good on you re: the dress! Have fun choosing! I did not get married in white either, we organised our small-scale budget wedding within a couple of months (according to when the registry office had a suitable date available really). You can see me wearing my dress in my photo album - the lilac one, the picture is of when wore it again three years later to my sister's wedding :-D

Anyway have a nice engagement and try not to stress over the arrangements for the 'big day' - I know I didn't and a great day was had by all including myself!

Congratulations Jo! Wonderful news and accompanied by 'warm' temperatures and lovely sunshine here, hopefully for you too.:) How fabulous getting engaged on 29th Feb too!:D

Congratulations JO :D

im also not wearing a frilly frock... too old for that look LOL im hoping its gonna be a slinky number haha

Big congratulations to you both Jo. I loved my husband to bits all the years we were together before we got married but I have to say that I also adore being married. Enjoy each other every second of every day.

Jo :) I'm late to the party as always ;)

Congratulations!! To say I'm pleased for you is the understatement of the century - I'm practically bursting with excitement (you'd think it was me!! lol)....

I'm sure you'll look beautiful no matter what you wear and I'm really looking forward to you sharing the details of what you have planned :)

You're a wonderful person and it's a pleasure to know you - I wish you and hubby to be every health and happiness :) xxx

awh thank you guys... it's true that I didn't expect to feel as excited (just imagine how I'll be nearer the time!!). x

CONGRATULATIONS - lovely news and even if there is no frilly dress - an absolute must at every wedding - even if it isn't the bride (LOL) it will surely be the most amazing occasion. Now that's something to stay Dukan friendly for!!!! x

Back