IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I suppose I ought to try it before knocking it. I just made our breakfast galettes for our Sunday morning scrambled egg, smoked salmon and galette breakfast. Yum. Waiting for Southampton on MOTD before making breakfast

I didn't know you were a football fan Jo! What else do you have planned today

oh sorry disconnected phone! I'm not used to having a wifi so it's so unusual for me to actually have phone coverage at the weekend that I'm unused to checking it! (Not sure it's that good a thing having wifi as I'll now be tempted to play on new phone constantly!!)

Oh yes - a life long Saints supporter (through the ups and downs since 1976 ish). Dad took my sister and I to the Dell when we were young. All three were season ticket holders until I moved to London. My sister still is but Dad's getting on now so he remains glued to Radio Solent!

Yesterday it rained all day in the country so... apart from a visit from a neighbour for a skinny latte (love my Nespresso Lattissimo), I did absolutely nothing (well I caught up with Eastenders!!)! We left at about 5pm, hit horrendous traffic, and were very hungry for our dinner when we got home at 8.30pm!

I couldn't resist having a peek at the scales this morning (are you seeing a pattern forming again aaaaah!). So two weeks Dukan and down from 85.1 to 79.9K. Now the real slog will commence (and I have an awkward lunch on Friday... at a Japanese restaurant. Can I eat sashimi without rice? hmm... (and, if I do, will I be full?!))

I couldn't resist having a peek at the scales this morning (are you seeing a pattern forming again aaaaah!). So two weeks Dukan and down from 85.1 to 79.9K. Now the real slog will commence (and I have an awkward lunch on Friday... at a Japanese restaurant. Can I eat sashimi without rice? hmm... (and, if I do, will I be full?!))

that's a great number to see on the scales - you are almost there already :)

and i love my sashimi on pp days (if out during the weekend) - fills me up completely (i do have to eat like 20 pieces to get there tho :p). enjoy xx

Wow jo that's someloss well done ! Yes I would have to eat lots of sashimi have a great Monday

Thanks ladies but I really did pig out so had a lot of "recently earned" kilos to lose. Now it's the ones which have been with me a little longer so they'll be harder to lose.

Yes for Friday, as today actually, I'll be taking in a protein starter to work to eat before going to the restaurant. Today I'm out for a salad with a friend where I know it's Dukan friendly BUT the ratio of (expensive) protein to (cheap) greenery isn't good! I'll be chewing my arm by mid afternoon!!

I downloaded a free pedometer app onto my phone (don't I sound techy?!!) and used it for the first time yesterday. Pretty accurate too as I know the shortest route I take to work is 4.5K (it said 4.57k), and that it takes between 50 and 55 mins (53 yesterday). I burned 280 calories. Bring it on. Will try a different route today (although I think it encourages me not to cross at crossing or wait for lights to turn red for the traffic!!!).

Oh and today is my Nana's 100th birthday! I wish I could beam myself in for the day but, to be honest, I doubt she'll be very aware of things although she does have ok moments. She'll get her card from the Queen so we're all dying to see that! :D

Wow! 100 years - Happy Birthday to your Nana

:birthday:

xx

Wow that's some age Jo ! Let us know what the letter says ! Which app did you download ?

I downloaded Runtastic Pedometer and, apart from my forgetting to press STOP on my arrival at work, I'm pleased with it. For runners, there is probably better.
My Nana apparently had a great day and was up in a chair and fairly alert. There was a card from the Queen and another from Ian Duncan Smith. A great age indeed and, having seen her so sleepy at Xmas, I didn't know she would make it. Excellent

Aww that's great Jo how exciting for her x
Does that app trace your map aswell as endomondo is a good app for that :)

oh no, it doesn't trace my route... hmm. Interesting. Let me go and see whether I can find Endomondo... ah this technology is addictive!
We found a new salad place near the office for lunch where you pick up a bowl of greenery (four choices of different leaves), then choose how many ingredients you add, some costing more than others. I added some smoked salmon, prawns, a boiled egg, and some (very synthetic plastic probably from a packet euw) chicken. A portion of 0% fromage blanc and a glass of water. €12. Not bad for where I live AND I didn't raid my tupperware which will now serve as lunch today.
I just looked at the calendar (with my glasses on for a change) and see that OH has lost far more than me! Typical eh?!

Oh that sounds like a good find but the watery rubbery chicken does not ! Yes I like that app :) I've got a fitbit which is like a pedometer you wear on your wrist and it syncs to your phone and via mfp to track your cals lost and food etc !

To be honest, as the timing and speed of my walk is more oriented to traffic than my legs, once I've figured out the length and optimum speed for each route I take, I'll give it a rest as I do find it stressful! I daren't stop at the cashpoint even!

Food A-OK so all should be well in my garden BUT my weigh in was not good. Absolutely identical to last Friday's (yes I know we're Thursday but I'm moving official weigh in to Thursdays cos Wed is always PP and Thursday is usually restaurant!). I'm mystified as I can't think of any reason why this would happen at such an early stage in the diet, and I'm not even going to let my mind wonder whether this is one restart too many just yet, but on the positive side my clothes are better and I feel slimmer... so be it.

x

To be honest, as the timing and speed of my walk is more oriented to traffic than my legs, once I've figured out the length and optimum speed for each route I take, I'll give it a rest as I do find it stressful! I daren't stop at the cashpoint even!

Food A-OK so all should be well in my garden BUT my weigh in was not good. Absolutely identical to last Friday's (yes I know we're Thursday but I'm moving official weigh in to Thursdays cos Wed is always PP and Thursday is usually restaurant!). I'm mystified as I can't think of any reason why this would happen at such an early stage in the diet, and I'm not even going to let my mind wonder whether this is one restart too many just yet, but on the positive side my clothes are better and I feel slimmer... so be it.

x

Could it just be that you have so little to lose and you body doing the catch up? Plus with the walking you may be retaining water?

I agree Bonkers. I sts this week too and I do think it's our bodies going oh no not this again ! Give it time and patience x ( I was really annoyed with my sts though ) but do as I say not as I do ;)

Not an expert, but I think fat cells retain water once the fat has gone. The fat takes up more room than the water but they are the same weight. So your clothes will be looser but your weight appears to be the same. Take heart, you have lost fat, the extra weight is just water, so either be patient for it to go or encourage it to go sooner by drinking a bit more. That's the end of the science lesson!

Sounds like your Nana enjoyed her day. Amazing to get to such an age.

Did a green PV day today, so will weigh tomorrow. Have done lots of walking this week, so feel much better and also a bit slimmer too. As I am barely 'dieting' (most days - cheese, fruit x 1, meat/fish, veg, pulses rather than bread but some days don't have any and I eat whatever is on offer if I'm not cooking, so can be very naughty), I don't expect a huge loss. If I can manage 1/2 lb-1 lb per month, then that will be dandy and I'll be back to 'normal' for summer, hopefully.

Vicky, have you got a lot to lose? Maybe coming off slowly because there's not much to come off? Or, the water in fat cells theory?

Oops, forgot menu for today

Galette (I only use 2 tbs oatbran and no wheatbran now)
Spinach with 2 poached eggs on top, fromage blanc
Roast chicken, Swiss chard (greens and stalks), fromage blanc if still hungry (probably not!)

Off to eat now!

Last edited:
Hi Robin hood. Got a stone and bit to lose I'm drinking more wine does that help ;)

Back