IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Lol at Vicky and her wine (yet I always tell everyone to drink vodka and diet coke on YOUR advice!!)...
Interesting explanation re the water and cells theory and so I shall very much hope it's that. Thank you ladies! I do have 6-10K I'd like to lose so I hope it's not going to be an excruciatingly slow process!
No pedometer today as I'm going to the train station to buy some tickets and I'd be too stressed in the queue worrying about the timings! haaa! how ridiculous to let an app stress you out! I did manage to set it to walking, rather than running yesterday, and all seemed good (loving the fact that I can see where I went, and the lovely landmarks I passed) EXCEPT the calorie burning bit. It reckoned I burnt 580 calories (whereas the other app and MFP was always under 300)... Anyway it's all fun (and stress!!).
So today is a lunch which shouldn't happen in Dukan. But hey, what to do. Not attend? I've spent most of my life opting out and avoiding so today I go, I eat, and hey - who knows - it might help?!! who am I kidding but I'm not prepared not to go so there! <sticking tongue out at computer>
My weekend is prepared and I'm less fearful now of them. Little grey shrimps are great evening snacks as they take so long to unshell to nibble at (actually I'm not sure that they're readily available in the UK as my Dad always asks me to bring some over with me!)
Happy weekend to all and, Vicky, VODKA!! :D

Ha jo ! What shrimps do you mean? Enjoy your lunch. We Cant stop living you know ! Wine was within my carbs it's about 5 per glass.
Did you chabgeyour weight on the app cos maybe that's why it's burning more if you haven't?
Have a lovely weekend x

Morning! I responded yesterday from my phone Vicky and must have hit something I shouldn't have and lost the darn thing! haaaa!
Here's a picture of the shrimp in question (Buy Crevette Grise/Brown Shrimp Online)
As for the two pedometers, I've put my height and weight in both yet they say I'm burning a totally different number of calories and the Endomondo one is way higher than the Runfastic one which is around the same as MFP used to be.
As I mentioned I think, Friday's lunch wasn't high calorie but wasn't Dukan friendly so possibly the reason behind a gain this morning. But it's not Thursday yet so there's time. At least I didn't let it mess up the rest of the weekend...

Ah don't know why they calculate different ! I've not seen those shrimp but you can get them as I've seen Rick Stein make potted shrimp
Glad your weekend was diet friendly

Morning campers!
Another grim grey morning but I'll walk if it's not actually raining... OH changed the music on my ipod shuffle for me last night so at least I'll have some variety again.
Had leftover cauli and celeriac mash from Sat night for dinner last night with a slab of roast beef. Yum!
I'm in the process of changing car insurance so have paperwork to fill in. My old insurer writes how sad their are to lose me... so why not say so in euros then?! Hope I receive the new insurer's paperwork before end of the month, when previous expires... Over here, we have to show on our windscreen a little paper showing with whom we are insured, dates etc. I was surprised the same wasn't required in the UK.
Otherwise all A-OK... clothes feeling better even if the scales aren't playing ball...
(Oh and pedometer did a weird thing yesterday. Said I did my 5.5K walk in 41 mins. Nope, not according to my watch! Yet it said I started at 7.13am (correct). It doesn't say arrival time, but the route it traced was indeed that which I took so the GPS was there... aaah these things are sent to try us...)
:)

Morning Jo. Oh that insurance sounds like a reallygoodidea having it displayed ! Glad clothes are feeling ok. I'm trying to weigh in just once a week ! It's hard

Insurance paperwork received last night so very relieved. As you say, Vicky, so much more sensible otherwise the person could well tell you porkies!
Mushroom and cheese (think Atkins!) omelette last night. Delicious! (Even tastier because OH made it while I was wading through the mountain of paperwork insurer sent!) There's something nice about having a plate of food brought to you and not having to pay for it ;)
Tomorrow is official weigh in and I haven't stepped on since Monday. This slow loss / regain is too mind blowing to keep putting oneself through it! Better to concentrate on clothes and mirrors perhaps? If I could but step away permanently from the darn things!
Shorter work than usual this morning (if the rain stays stopped... it's on and off at the mo) as I need to go to the chemist. I'll stop it outside else I'll be frantic thinking of it ticking away!
:)

I had that too jo ! The omelette that is. Yes im with you on the scales haven't been on since Friday or Saturday trying for once a week. Probably a Thursday for me. What time do the chemists open over there!!! Have a great day

Morning Jo :)

I see things are all good with you (great loss!) Sorry not been around much - haven't got a diary by choice as I seem to jinx my progress (why I don't know) when I start writing about it :eek:

What day are you weighing in? I've chosen Fridays as it's the day I started back on and daily weighing is doing nothing but annoying me really :(

xx

I decided on Thursday weigh ins henceforth as I often eat at a restaurant at lunchtime Thursday (not today though) and Wed is usually a PP day (but wasn't yesterday haaaa!). I lost... drum roll... 200g last week. But there are two things I am bearing in mind before ransacking the cupboards - firstly I did eat rice last Friday lunchtime as mentioned (even though I didn't gain much cos of course I checked the morning after!)... and secondly, I've not mentioned this before but I'm sure it'll have an impact of some shape or form in my progress this time, I think I'm in menopause! aaaaaah! Put it this way, on gynaecologist's orders to see what was what, I stopped taking the pill 12 weeks ago and haven't (yet?) had a period... hmm... otherwise no symptoms that I can think of. The odd hot moment at night yes, but I sleep next to a blooming radiator!! So... I'll take it on the chin (AGAIN) and just carry on cos at least I'm not eating my bodyweight in chocolate and rubbish at the moment so there's always that. My (big) clothes are feeling better.

Sarah - feel free to natter over here. There are very few active diaries anyway... As for my weight loss, as you'll see, it was the first two weeks and nothing since!

The chemist I frequent opens at 8am... I totally forgot about the pedometer so left it rolling while I bought train tickets and while I queued at the chemist. It extended my walk time to 1hr10 (although is supposed to stop ticking if you stand still...) and my rate of Km per hour dropped drastically. ah well. At least I forgot about the darn thing and didn't jump over the counter and serve myself in exasperation! haaaa!

Last night's dinner was spaghetti bolognese. Without the spaghetti! More liquid too and it was nice and warming. Followed by a frozen yoghurt. (I've just realised how silly that sounds!!)

Tonight I'll spend the entire evening at the hairdresser's (yawn). (The things we do!) My usual breakfast muffins will therefore be dinner, and I'll have an egg and some roast beef for breakfast (couldn't face chilli, sorry ladies!). Lunch some chicken and roast beef at my desk as leaving office early for hair! I used to love reading magazines or playing on my phone to help pass the time but, now that I need glasses to read, that's a dead loss. While it's ok apparently to put glasses on with "all over colour", while I'm still having highlights, she won't let me as it can smudge them! booooo! (My new phone with HUGE screen might let me zoom the letters really huge to be able to read... I'll play!)

So... happy Thursday to one and all. And if we have lurkers, feel free to speak here if you can't be bothered to find your own diary. At least we'll get a few more people talking!!
x

Morning Jo. It's 200g down not up though ! Can you not earwig and people watch in the hairdressers ?
I'm sure hormones do play a big role but you are controlling your weight now so don't reach for the chocolate etc x
I'm weighing in today too when I get up x not expecting massive movements.
Lotto nice to see you posting hope all I well :). Xxx

The appointment actually flew. It's a tiny salon so just me and her last night but she had lots to tell me and so I was entertained (some people do have complicated lives!!). All too soon it was time to come home.
I also learned about using Whatsapp to leave voice messages for free, and from overseas that'll be a great thing to know. I wondered what that button was for but was scared of incurring international mobile phone charges!

A busy day expected at work again today, as boss leaves again on a business trip tonight. Still it's good when the time flies past at such a rate. I'll be returning Monday on the train, leaving hubby in the country for a week, but now I'm in the swing of things, I don't anticipate problems on Dukan. I have some quorn mince in the freezer. OH hates it, and I must admit that I'm not a great fan either, so it'll be good to get that used up and out of the freezer! OK for those who don't eat proper mince perhaps, but nothing like the real thing!!

Have good weekends all... I'm looking forward to sitting by my log burner tonight x

Love hairdresser gossip! How come hubby having a week in the country?
Have a lovely weekend Jo :) log burner sounds lovely x

Hi all (and welcome back, Sarah!)

Food all fine for me. Weight loss is minimal (1/2 lb) but since this isn't really a diet and more cutting back a little, I don't mind - it's going down, that's all that matters.

Glad the hairdresser appointment went well, Jo. Mine are much more bearable since I found a fabulous hairdresser who comes to our house and does everyone at once (she stays the whole morning, poor girl). Kids don't complain of being bored now, and moan less that it has to be done!

Lovely day here today, hope you're all as lucky. Wonder if Winter will forget about us this year? Or maybe the 3 bitterly cold weeks in November/early December were Winter in disguise (albeit a little early).

Hope everyone has a good day!:)

Afternoon all :)

great minds think-alike Jo as I was at the hairdressers last night too, mind you it was well overdue as I think the last time I'd been was in September!!

The weeks we don't lose so much are just our bodies catching up and being cautious I find, sudden shock of a change of food probably makes them wonder if food is in short supply etc, maybe up the calories? Bolognese sauce and a Yoghurt doesn't sound like much? (remember when it was you telling me to eat more ;)?)

I do love chili and bolognese I haven't made either yet so far this time - gotta get on to that as I like having yoghurt with the chili :) yum

today is 4 weeks since I started back on my plan - thank you for allowing me to "use" your diary Jo :) I think it's better us all nattering together rather than rambling away on our own :eek: or maybe that was just me lol

Weigh in for me is Fridays as it's the day I started out on, just seems appropriate to keep it to weekly intervals....

I've struggled to get below 12st this week as the final 1lb has been a tricky fish to catch....but so far it's 11lb in 4 weeks, I know the hard-yards time is ahead of me which fills me with some dread but I should've done enough in changing the contents of the fridge/freezer/cupboard to ensure there's no major derailments.

I totally agree with you regards quorn mince (apologies to any vegetarians reading) but I am a confirmed meat eater and can't see the point of those things if you can eat meat really.

My Dad always talks about it in the same terms as brown rice neither of which he can stand and will tell anyone who'll listen lol....

I know (as always) that I need to increase my exercise, I've been suffering from chilblains this week, they're something I get every so often - more so when I was a child and far more active than I am now so I doubt a lack of exercise is to blame it seems to be something genetic apparently, so I'm working hard to get them sorted so I can begin C25K :) little acorns and all that...

The weekend for me doesn't have log fires unfortunately :) more black bin liners and a lot of clutter busting!! Different strokes for different folks lol - honestly if anyone sees me approach a clothes shop again feel free to wrestle me to the ground and tie my arms behind my back - conclusion I bought far too many things I have barely worn, weren't good quality and I basically don't like :eek:....

So begins the mass evacuation!

Have a lovely weekend Jo :)

Last edited:
I only had a tiny amount cut off so doubt that'll help the weight alas but this slow if no progress isn't putting me off as I'm not craving anything I shouldn't so best to just continue. I think I probably overeat still on Dukan, despite my dinners perhaps being light. I do eat lots at lunchtime so as to keep chewing while my colleagues munch through three courses. none eat sandwiches and cake at lunch though, my preferred nosh when not dieting, and tend to have a hot meal, followed by yoghurt and fruit. Why, I wonder, when they're so slim, but that's probably why of course.

I've just made pancakes. Just a test to see how they'd be on pancake day and I'm pleasantly surprised at how they look. Will eat with hubby for dessert tonight with some lemon and sweetener. I used the French orlac recipe I posted before (2 flat tablespoons skimmed milk powder, 1 flat tablespoon sweetener and two eggs. Will lose a yolk next time.

Vicky: in the summer, I tend to commute back and forth Mondays and Fridays, enabling him to enjoy country life, grow veg, maintain house etc. In winter though, just one week a month we thought. He prefers it here, as do I if truth be known. If I could only work remotely my life would be perfect.

So back to the kitchen. Hubby having kippers but I prefer a piece of salmon with some prawns all bought fresh early this am (supermarket though. We're far from the sea and the market isn't great in the winter.
Happy days. My fire's glowing

I'm sitting here

ForumRunner_20140201_121209.png

Jo fire looks lovely. It's a shame you can't work from home eh?

I have Fire Envy :D....mine's a mock coal fire type electric one :)....would love to be able to burn wood, I'd become a woodcutter :D hehe go round scavenging branches etc....maybe one day when I'm out of the big smoke :)

Hope you're having a good Monday Jo!! xx

Back