IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Yes but does MFP give us net carbs?
now at work, I see it's Saturday 22nd. going to see friends from England who are coming over to work on their secondary residence over here. I refuse to miss out on the usual fun and games (at least it doesn't in love sitting alone and stuffing myself... just normal food and drink with other people. real life in other words...)

OH's email has been hacked and trillions of things found on laptop by malware... so I downloaded a mal are app for mobile. It didn't find anything phew. technology is sent to try us x

Sometimes it does depends on which food you choose ! Oh sounds like a nice reason to not diet ! Just eat normally!!!!

I've just been plugging my food intake into MFP... I'm low on calories and VERY repetitive with my meals (which makes using MFP slightly less tedious!!)... 30 carbs yesterday (dunno if net or not!) as no veg... Today 75 with salad at lunch and dinner... hmm...

Yesterday was "one of those days". First, I found my youngest cat had wee'ed on the sofa (already covered with plastic sheeting because of previous visits... why?!!). So I sorted that out. Then the computer wouldn't work. OK fine, I'll use my mobile. Nope. OK boo! Without wifi, I couldn't open any app yesterday morning. Boy was my morning boring!! Out to walk to work, got to the end of my road and WHOOOSH... the heavens opened! Raced back to get a brolly and walked 15 mins to further away train stop. Work was ok but spent lunch hour on time with internet provider on one line, OH at home on the other, trying to figure things out. Solution after 30 mins? There wasn't one. The problem was in our area not our modem. Great! Boss made me stay late doing things I didn't rate important, and he could have asked for earlier when I was quieter... After work, my train line was "perturbed" (lovely way of saying it in French I always think...) so I had to take a different route and walk further home. But my cheese and mushroom omelette, cooked by OH, was FAB! The best ever. I'm not a good omelette maker but because he uses six eggs and makes one for two and cuts it in half, it's always thick and fluffy... yum!

So... today's already starting better... ok another wee on the darned clean sofa cover (I've got a Feliway plug in thing in the room to try to ease the atmosphere if there are stresses and strains among the cat hierarchy in my house, but the little one (now 18 months old but still a baby) has always done this sporadically... but at least the computer is working. And phone too. And my brolly is in my bag... so today has gotta be better than yesterday...

Am wearing size 14 trousers but think my stomach looks huge in them! But 16s are droopy!

Good news on the trousers not so good news on the cat pe e!!!! Once they wee I think they will keep going back. You need to get rid of the smell. !

oooo... you have putty cats? how many? how old and what are their names? do you have pics? (i am a crazy cat lady - in case you hadnt figured that out :p).

good news on size 14s :clap: maybe a big whoosh this week ;)

i agree with vic on getting rid of the smell. my boy got locked into the bathroom once and peed in the tub... now when he walks into the bathroom (accidentally left the door open!) he goes straight to the tub and starts scratching! luckily i can just wash it off :p.

hope you day looking up xx

Yes I get the odd stray number two in the bath, if whoever deems the trays not fit for cat use! Easy to clean as you say! Yes I think the smell must have lingered to them so yesterday's accident was doused liberally with white vinegar as well as sofa cover being washed again... All well this morning, but it seems to come and go with her. I'm a crazy cat woman too... have three, feed 10 others in the country - all pretty feral but only last one has these behavioural issues with marking her territory.

Misha, 8 in July(ish), was a stray kitten we found in the country. We kept feeding all the strays in the country, but Micha stayed indoors with us. A friend in the city later took her Mum and a kitten from her next litter. (Mum and other kitten now living in the U.S. awh!). "Mum" was pregnant when we rehomed her in the city, and gave birth to six, of which we kept one. Minnie. A rather large cat. Will be 7 in July. That was supposed to be the end of it, as two is quite enough with our lifestyle of city living weekdays, car journeys Fri and Sun pm to and from the country, but the last one as a tiny wild stray clambered up onto my husband's lap in Nov 2012 and cried! She was underweight and wasn't in a good state so we took her straight to the vet before introducing her to our indoor pair. She was fine after intensive worming (and having spent a few nights at the vet's being weaned as she kept nothing in being too young for cat food yet her bottles we lovingly prepared went straight through). They get on well, and so little Maxie joined the household. Now 18 months. I still only have two arms though and we do struggle with three cat cages up and down in lifts with baggages! Dear Maxie gets travel sick too, and always needs the loo en route (so we travel with a spare cheap cage outfitted as a loo!). Good job we love her dearly as she's twice as much trouble as the other two put together!!

I'm a funny size and had trouble finding anything to wear this morning! 16s a baggy disaster. 12s don't go there. How come I don't have many 14s? Oh darn it. More shopping? My wardrobe just can't handle it as I've 18s in there too! (I have cleared big sizes out several times so no more!!).

Food A-OK... prawns cooked in garlic served hot over a cold crunchy salad! I appreciate anything crunchy when on Dukan!
Tonight a rather large sirloin steak, with some mushrooms... yeah veg again shoot me!
x

Last edited:
Misha, 8 in July(ish), was a stray kitten we found in the country. We kept feeding all the strays in the country, but Micha stayed indoors with us. A friend in the city later took her Mum and a kitten from her next litter. (Mum and other kitten now living in the U.S. awh!). "Mum" was pregnant when we rehomed her in the city, and gave birth to six, of which we kept one. Minnie. A rather large cat. Will be 7 in July. That was supposed to be the end of it, as two is quite enough with our lifestyle of city living weekdays, car journeys Fri and Sun pm to and from the country, but the last one as a tiny wild stray clambered up onto my husband's lap in Nov 2012 and cried! She was underweight and wasn't in a good state so we took her straight to the vet before introducing her to our indoor pair. She was fine after intensive worming (and having spent a few nights at the vet's being weaned as she kept nothing in being too young for cat food yet her bottles we lovingly prepared went straight through). They get on well, and so little Maxie joined the household. Now 18 months. I still only have two arms though and we do struggle with three cat cages up and down in lifts with baggages! Dear Maxie gets travel sick too, and always needs the loo en route (so we travel with a spare cheap cage outfitted as a loo!). Good job we love her dearly as she's twice as much trouble as the other two put together!! x

I had tears in my eyes reading this... You are a softie :bighug:

I know what you mean about three boxes and three everything! I have to make two appointments at the vets to get shots coz no one to help with no. 3 :p.

Enjoy you veggies today xx

Prawns sound delish ! Erm get stuff alteredJo ? Is it work stuff that's too big ?

Hi yes net carbs only ! Using mfp religiously !

I missed this...

I did an approximate calculation using net carbs (used the Atkins carb counter pdf file I found online). Thought maybe would change the numbers but na... Still less than 50 on PP and less than 100 on PV - milk and yogurt throw it out more than the brans.

Don't you have any dairy on Atkins? Or did I miss something?

On Atkins milk is a no no and yoghurt is pretty Carby too so none for first two weeks

Morning ladies and despite no whooosh (in awhile... rhubarb required at the weekend!) a great weigh in this morning :D I haven't even been able to walk as much or as far as usual with the persistent drizzle. I note for anyone interested that I have had no ham or pancakes since last Sunday... (coincidence?)

I have all sizes in both work and play clothes... altering things would be futile for someone like me as I always grow back into them (dah dah dah...). I found a couple of pairs of smaller 16s which are okish...

For vaccination visits, we have two on the same pattern so we take them together, and the third is six months later, which spaces things out nicely. Pet insurance is almost €100 a month for the three of them. When I win the lottery (note the "when" now that we actually buy tickets each week), I shall open a cat refuge in the country. Most weeks at the supermarket, there's more spent on cat food/litter etc than human stuff!

So it's raining again this morning for a change, so I'll whizz to work and get down to all I've been worrying about half the night! I hate it when I do that and just toss and turn thinking about work half the night! Might just as well go there and do it!

Happy weekend to all...
:D

Morning ladies and despite no whooosh (in awhile... rhubarb required at the weekend!) a great weigh in this morning :D I haven't even been able to walk as much or as far as usual with the persistent drizzle. I note for anyone interested that I have had no ham or pancakes since last Sunday... (coincidence?)

I have all sizes in both work and play clothes... altering things would be futile for someone like me as I always grow back into them (dah dah dah...). I found a couple of pairs of smaller 16s which are okish...

For vaccination visits, we have two on the same pattern so we take them together, and the third is six months later, which spaces things out nicely. Pet insurance is almost €100 a month for the three of them. When I win the lottery (note the "when" now that we actually buy tickets each week), I shall open a cat refuge in the country. Most weeks at the supermarket, there's more spent on cat food/litter etc than human stuff!

So it's raining again this morning for a change, so I'll whizz to work and get down to all I've been worrying about half the night! I hate it when I do that and just toss and turn thinking about work half the night! Might just as well go there and do it!

Happy weekend to all...
:D

Ha! I'm guessing (going on the 100€) that their health insurance costs more than your own, Jo?:)

Well done on the weight loss, mine is less than spectacular (there is a gain!) but I feel better/slimmer than when I started back in December, so that's OK (well, maybe not, but need to find the positives in every situation!)

Cats - I group my two in one cat cage for vet purposes. Other than that, they don't need to go in a car. We are lucky to have cat-friendly neighbours and friends who are happy to feed, water and cuddle them while we are away. The youngest recently had an infected bite which required lots of nursing care, since this happened, she is a lot more friendly despite the fact that I had to wash the wound with bleach solution which hurt a lot. However, the cat who bit her (I know who it was) now terrorises her from the other side of the cat flap and she will occasionally back herself into the house with her tail twice the size and hissing, disappear to the basement and pee on the floor cushions (luckily they are wipe-proof and outdoor-friendly, so they are out being rinsed by the rain just now as we had a' scary moment' yesterday. Bully!

Hope all have a good weigh-in and a great day!

On Atkins milk is a no no and yoghurt is pretty Carby too so none for first two weeks

So I would completely fail on Atkins then! I cant do without my morning cappuccino and daily yogurt snack... :p

yay on the loss Joanne! 1.2 kgs is great!

May need to resort to Rhubarb as well this week... its been a few days since my last whoosh :p

Hope you having a great weekend xx

I was wondering how I missed this then realised the app doesn't show the stats or signature at the bottom. Well done on the loss!

All fine here... I returned from the country on the very early train this morning... I won't mind having an early night tonight. I've just returned from the freezer shop with 2k of rhubarb and some prawns. yum but not together!

I don't even know how you can eat rhubarb lol! Keeps you regular though?

How do you cook your rhubarb? Never bought any myself before!

Back