IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Not as bad in that there's not a lot I can do about it but my GP rang me within an hour of my faxing the results to him and left me a message mentioning a "petite osteoporosis" and "menopause". As I thought, perhaps worse, as the bone density results would indicate that I have a light osteoporosis now. ah well... problems to come but I could get run over by a bus between now and then of course ;)
I see him on 18th.

Small loss this week, and higher weight than earlier in the week, so will endeavour to stay off them next week. Ham snuck back in too. Coincidence or...?

Fabulous weather so looking forward to the weekend in the country...

:D

Hey Jo

How are you doing today? :wavey:

A loss is a loss is a loss ... I just realized - you were at my TW last week :p

I am sorry about the news from the doc. At times like this I dont know what to say... Dont want to upset or offend :eek:. My fingers are crossed for you xx

I might just have to try the rhubarb thing :D

I can't even really say it keeps me regular as I did get distinctly uncomfortable last week! I buy the frozen chunks, plop the entire kilo in a pan with a little water, and simmer.. it all mushes down nicely and then I add some sweetener. I have a small bowl each evening week nights when I'm on my own and more fanciful. I must admit that I was sooo tempted at the freezer shop, and thank goodness the foods were frozen! The brand was celebrating its 40 years and they had all sorts of delicious looking cakes with 40% off and the adverts and photos were everywhere. I spent three times more on my healthy stuff than I would have on a cake as is so often the case when you think about it...

Weight down a bit more this morning but will try not to register mentally that weight in case it goes up again before official weigh in!

Good luck to all x

Rhubarb rhubarb - why didn't I try this on day 1 (or 6 after attack that is!)!

If anyone hasn't tried this yet - you just have to! I had it with Yogurt and sweetener and omg! Its like eating fruit yogurt with all the bits in it! And coz its pink you can convince yourself its strawberry :p

Thank you Jo!

Glad you enjoyed the rhubarb... I like it on its own actually :)
A good food weekend for me and a lovely long walk yesterday in glorious sunshine put me in a particularly good mood. It seemed such a shame to pack up our toys and return (via the traffic jams) to the city...
I've successfully cut out that first "proper" coffee at work, replacing it with decaff which is actually perfectly drinkable out of our new Nespresso machines at work. I am rather partial to the odd diet coke so OH is on a mission to find some caffeine free stuff should it exist here.
Still having the odd Nescafe each day. Need to buy some decaff...
Otherwise food A-OK this weekend and looking forward to my day off diet on Sat 22nd March...

Sidid... fortunately I don't seem to have any menopause symptoms I can think of... I do have the odd blonde moment at work admittedly but probably always have. I'd love to talk more re specifics if you're up for it. I'll PM you my email address then it's up to you ;)

Happy Monday to all...

Happy Monday weekend sounds lovely !

Sounds like a lovely weekend and great food wise… That trip back to the city must be hard when the weather is so glorious!!! I am torn today between going back to bed once Ben left for school or getting out and about in the nice weather - tbh though I am quite tired and got a busy weekend ahead so might just catch some snooze time while I can!!! LOL! well done with the caffeine - it is a mission of mine that I keep tinkering with but atm I feel I need all the support I can get!!! B+M have reduced the price of their Sugar Free Mountain Dew which I LOVE but honestly I know it is no good for me so will ditch it soon!!! Have ordered some sugar free flavoured vitamin/mineral powders you add to water in the hope that it encourages me to drink more water rather than coffee/tea and fizzy drinks!!! Bought two water containers in readiness!!! I think though regarding your coffee it is finding a caffeine free coffee that tastes good!!!! Have a great week.

Love rhubarb (it feels so naughty yet it's so good for you - especially when it has "been a while"!) and your weekend sounds fab too - I always picture your weekends in the like those scenes from Love Actually where Colin Firth is living in that gorgeous farmhouse in the French countryside! What's the occasion on the 22nd Jo? x

Morning all,

I was feeling a little complacent about my weight loss and how I'm looking and feeling... and then I tried on a pair of my summer trousers. Back to the drawing board! haaaaa! (Mind you, I've not worn them for a few years! Nothing like a reality check!!).

22nd is when we go up to the Picardie region to meet friends who've bought a place there and they're coming over for a week. We'll not stay overnight though, as they're not equipped and it's nice for us to have a Sunday in the City for a change to go to my favourite markets, so we'll drive back late Saturday... We'll eat out in the evening and probably lunchtime too, depending on where we are, and I'm having what everyone else is! One day only. Sunday will be PP... then another month until my ahem 50th so another day off then I'll be hoping to be moving towards something more calorie oriented to be able to allow fruit and exercise some portion control... I'm doing well at cutting down on caffeine so don't see why I can't be as disciplined around food!!

Oh that sounds lovely Jo ! Calorie controlling sounds sensible and then you can have your fruit you love !

Indeed... the friend I meet up with next Saturday is a Juddd dieter (one day high cal, next day low - which I realised is actually a more dramatic version of what we do with alternating PP and PV). It's amazing to see what she can actually eat on a low day... again, something I'll probably dabble with at some point when off Dukan to try to have some equilibrium over the week's weigh in rather than the daily one.

I'm PVing each day this week evenings cos it's just turned out that way... PPing most lunchtimes though. Not strictly to the plan but it's still 50/50 right?! x

That's also a bit similar to carb cycling Jo.

Yeah I guess any yoyo intake is supposed to shock our system, so here's hoping. Only salady/veggie carbs so far though, Vicky, although ultimately I need to reintroduce a more balanced food intake per any website on healthy bones! Perhaps phase 3 without celebration meals might be something for me to consider in a couple of kilos time. I stupidly got on the scales this morning. While secretly delighted with what they're saying (today), what's the likelihood they'll say the same tomorrow? Duh me!

Yesterday was my first day without any caffeine from coffee. (I had two mugs of tea though.) I finally got round to buying some instant decaffeinated and found it perfectly drinkable (bought a brand as the other was tasteless.) I didn't notice any difference in my day. The buzz I get from my morning 5-6km walk gets me pretty much where caffeine does anyway methinks...

Lovely weather still x

When I gave up caffeine I had no issues at all ! Lets hope scales are good tomorrow x

I'm spending a fortune on coffee's, as I pick one up every day on my way into work. I've tried to give up a few times, but I feel so deprived without it! Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow.

Just 100g up on yesterday's weight so I'm pleased. It's a far slower loss than ever before, but it's steadyish and I can now really tell the difference. I'm probably at around my Sept 2012 wedding weight now as I was a kilo lighter than this when I left for the country a week before my wedding and did have some piggy meals immediately before once family arrived! Perhaps I should try my dress on this weekend, haaa!

No issues whatsoever ref giving up coffee, but feel sure that the lovely Nespresso machine at work decaffeinated helps as it does taste like "proper" coffee. I guess the tea will have to go next... I do enjoy my morning cuppa, even if this morning I'm having it without milk so as not to have to open a LITRE when I'll not be back here until Monday evening.

Yesterday I had a fabulous longer than usual walk to work. Feeling good, I detoured over to the Seine and walked along the banks... alongside barges where people were sleeping (I think as they had little windows with curtains closed)... I'll definitely do that again. 7km in 59 mins despite some cobbled paths over there. Today is a quick 45 mins whizz the shortest way to work to get a headstart and hopefully leave early to join the traffic jams.

Bon weekend to you all x

Sounds a wonderful walk Jo well done on weight loss. And you should try your dress on ! Decaf tea tastes no different you should get that!

I'm spending a fortune on coffee's, as I pick one up every day on my way into work. I've tried to give up a few times, but I feel so deprived without it! Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow.

Oh I have also tried so many times... Now I have just accepted it as a daily treat - and at the end of the day its protein and fits in with the plan :D

Just 100g up on yesterday's weight so I'm pleased. It's a far slower loss than ever before, but it's steadyish and I can now really tell the difference. I'm probably at around my Sept 2012 wedding weight now as I was a kilo lighter than this when I left for the country a week before my wedding and did have some piggy meals immediately before once family arrived! Perhaps I should try my dress on this weekend, haaa!

No issues whatsoever ref giving up coffee, but feel sure that the lovely Nespresso machine at work decaffeinated helps as it does taste like "proper" coffee. I guess the tea will have to go next... I do enjoy my morning cuppa, even if this morning I'm having it without milk so as not to have to open a LITRE when I'll not be back here until Monday evening.

Yesterday I had a fabulous longer than usual walk to work. Feeling good, I detoured over to the Seine and walked along the banks... alongside barges where people were sleeping (I think as they had little windows with curtains closed)... I'll definitely do that again. 7km in 59 mins despite some cobbled paths over there. Today is a quick 45 mins whizz the shortest way to work to get a headstart and hopefully leave early to join the traffic jams.

Bon weekend to you all x

Great loss Joanne!

Did you try on the dress??

Do you take measurements now? For the days that the scale isnt being your friend :rolleyes:

No I rarely bother measuring with tape (as often feel it's not too accurate as I can pull tighter or looser with my loose skin). clothes don't lie though and I tried on several things here at the country and they don't fit. improvement though and they are things I've not had in for a few summers... I didn't try my dress on though!
I realise that I stupidly forgot to bring with me this weekend any current size work stuff for tomorrow so I have to wear tighter than usual gear. oops

just had steak, mushrooms, mashed celeriac and fresh spinach. nice x

Oh no! Do you have to leave very early tomorrow xxx

Hello Jo

How are you doing?

Did you manage to get into work in the tighter gear? ;)

Back