IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I'm ok during the week it's weekends. I'm off alcohol for a while have sickened myself x

That's another way of doing it. Perhaps I sickened myself of eating rubbish recently. It's true that nice weather helps too (and it's looking distinctly gloomy outside!!). I am enjoying looking at things "the other way" though, which I feel I'm doing when I'm led by my fitbit into moving around more and more so that it makes all the targets go green :)) And, after walking to and from work (12-14km depending on route), I'm far less likely to mess up!! Weekends yes are tougher. More time on my hands! I had a great couple of walks this weekend in the country (one taking me past a HUGE field with peas growing - YUM!! Well you've gotta check they're ok!)

I'm going to be meeting Anja when in England for the very first time... and probably Mouse as usual also... :D

Today I hit my lowest weight in three years! Three months' healthy eating + two months' exercise monitoring with fitbit has made the difference! (I got my 500km badge last week! Imagine - I've walked 500km since end April.)

OK I've had some ups and downs on the route, which makes the weigh in today all the more eye opening for me. I've relied on "overeating" on Dukan for far too long and my eye (and scales - cos I still weigh foods for MFP input) is now improving as to "normal" portion sizes. I can get into pretty much all my wardrobe now - well actually I can't cos some things are obviously too big!

This isn't a gloat post. It's a message to myself... to read over and again so that hopefully I won't be as STUPID as I usually am when in England on holiday! July 3 to 12th in UK, then a few days off at the house in Burgundy (with friends from the UK), then back to work with houseguests and a weekend in the city with them... there's a lot of danger ahead.

Remember Jo... keep reading this post! No one is suggesting you DIET on holiday. But there really is no need to eat round the clock just because there are favourite foods available that you can't usually get your hands on! Marks & Sparks has reopened here. I can buy most things here yet choose not to. So behave yourself!

Today I hit my lowest weight in three years! Three months' healthy eating + two months' exercise monitoring with fitbit has made the difference! (I got my 500km badge last week! Imagine - I've walked 500km since end April.)

OK I've had some ups and downs on the route, which makes the weigh in today all the more eye opening for me. I've relied on "overeating" on Dukan for far too long and my eye (and scales - cos I still weigh foods for MFP input) is now improving as to "normal" portion sizes. I can get into pretty much all my wardrobe now - well actually I can't cos some things are obviously too big!

This isn't a gloat post. It's a message to myself... to read over and again so that hopefully I won't be as STUPID as I usually am when in England on holiday! July 3 to 12th in UK, then a few days off at the house in Burgundy (with friends from the UK), then back to work with houseguests and a weekend in the city with them... there's a lot of danger ahead.

Remember Jo... keep reading this post! No one is suggesting you DIET on holiday. But there really is no need to eat round the clock just because there are favourite foods available that you can't usually get your hands on! Marks & Sparks has reopened here. I can buy most things here yet choose not to. So behave yourself!

Gloat all you want. You deserve it! You have achieved so much :superwoman:!

And you are 200g away from your target - yay!

:party0019:

That's fantastic Jo. I'm finding mfp and fitbit help a a lot too males you realise if you want that treat how much more you need to move x

Wow, that is great news! It sounds like you have been reading Gillian Riley's "Eating Less" or "Ditching Diets" which are fantastic by the way. :) I am trying very hard to get to where you are. Well done!

I've never heard of it so I guess she talks common sense too! ?

Are you saying you talk common sense Jo
:D:D:D

Gillian Riley's books are excellent in my opinion. I started by reading Josie Spinardi's book "Have your Cake and your Skinny Jeans Too" that came highly recommended which is also excellent and love some of her short You Tube Videos like the following. Some on a JUDDD forum I use as well have been helped tremendously by her book.

How to Stop Binge Eating and Emotional Eating- The REAL Reason you Binge! - YouTube

I have been dieting and restricting for quite a while now so am struggling with the concept and Gillian Riley's "Ditching Diets" really spoke to me and was available on Kindle as was Spinardi's. I am now reading Riley's "Eating Less" that isn't available on Kindle but is more detailed. It is really starting to help I am not 100% but am really becoming more mindful and hope to beat my binging problem. Sounds like you have accomplished this for the most part and on your own.

For anyone that has dieted for many years and have any sort of problem with yo-yoing and binging the above books are great. Fingers crossed it finally sinks into my distorted diet brain eventually. :)

Thank you so much for your post. I'm very interested indeed and, while things might be going well for me at the moment, I know all too well how things can change so suddenly. I'll have a look.

I can't recommend highly enough my fitbit... just knowing it's on me motivates me to make the targets turn green as you achieve them.

And yes, Vicky... I do ?

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you :) x

Thank you so much for your post. I'm very interested indeed and, while things might be going well for me at the moment, I know all too well how things can change so suddenly. I'll have a look.

I can't recommend highly enough my fitbit... just knowing it's on me motivates me to make the targets turn green as you achieve them.

One of my problems is that I don't get any exercise, we now live out in the country full time spending my days at home so getting less exercise than ever. The weight I have lost (and gained many times) over the last few years was without exercise so I have probably lost a lot of muscle and perhaps one reason I can put on so much weight so quickly. I really need to do something and motivate myself so maybe a fitbit would help, thank you.

Aren't there wonderful walks you can do where you are in the country? It's true that I'm pretty blasé heading out in the middle of nowhere on my own and I frightened myself when a footpath came to an end and I had to trudge through a field of wheat, fearing snakes!

I've never been into exercise but am finding I can eat a lot more when walking!

Have a nice weekend Jo xxxx

Hi again Jo :)

I'm thinking of getting a fitbit but was waiting for the 'force' model to come out in the UK... But now they've withdrawn them because of skin irritation claims? A pity, because I liked the idea of having a display on the band.

Would it work for other types of exercise, like cycling? I think it does sync with endomondo and mfp.

Hope you've got sunshine this weekend Cxx

I hadn't read about the Force issues (but I read somewhere when I was researching which to buy that the One was "best" as could be worn discretely in your bra, whereas that accuracy of those worn on wrists/arms are less accurate as they tend to count steps when arms wag around!

Yes for specific activities, there is a button... and they do synch with Endomondo and MFP (which now syncs steps too). I don't bother with Endomondo now but did both for a while.

I've got the flex and love the band it syncs with phone and j just Tap it to see how far I'm on with calories burnt (you can set it for whatever you want).

Not that I needed any more convincing, but I'll start looking for a flex. Can't let Pol have all the fun!

Back