If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Oh we all do that love :).

I've started eating my meals off a side plate, rather than a dinner plate - and put any leftovers away in the fridge as soon as I'm done. You're supposed to give it 20 minutes for your brain to register that you're full, apparently, but many's the time I've waited 20, thought "I want more!" and stood at the fridge arguing with myself about whether to eat more or not - and guess who wins, my greedy brain! :classic_roll_eyes:

Brilliant loss Elanor!!! Well done you x
5 days alcohol is great too, thatsborob helped with the loss.

Sorry you’ve not been well. Hope you’re feeling a bit better now although this heat is just so punishing isn’t it.

I’m so bad at picking at things too - great you realised when you were full though - I’m sure that’s the biggest part of the battle

OK no Elanor, it sounds like you had a terrible day. I hope it was just the heat. Yesterday here was overcast and it felt such a relief but by 3pm it was unbearably hot again, even at 8pm it was too hot for the garden.
I hope you feel better today.

The weather seems to be getting a bit cooler. Thankfully it is easier to sleep!!

This week was going well until yesterday. I managed 7 days no alcohol, but yesterday I gave in to wine!! Stupidly drank the whole bottle!!! The first glass was amazing, but the last one tasted of guilt! I also had a pizza!!
Today has been a bit better, usual fruit and yogurt for breakfast, chicken and avocado sandwich and watermelon for lunch, steak, stuffed mushrooms and chips for dinner.

I found that having wine last night made me really crave some today, but I resisted going and buying some. I came straight home from work and didn't go near a shop!!

Don't worry about the wine, I think you've been doing marvellously in changing your habits - but it doesn't happen overnight.

And a big well done for getting back on plan yesterday! I would have been stuffing my face with sausage rolls LOL.

I find with wine its carbs I crave the next day rather than more wine. I've also found for me that rather than say I can't have any I say I can have this much this week.and its easier to stick to it.

I find with wine its carbs I crave the next day rather than more wine. I've also found for me that rather than say I can't have any I say I can have this much this week.and its easier to stick to it.

Hello everyone. I'm back....Again!! But this time with a difference. Tonight i rejoined Slimming World by going to a group. I was terrified, but I walked through the door! The consultant was lovely and really welcoming. She even made me an excellent cup of tea.

I've been really struggling recently, I have felt really low and generally pretty rubbish about myself. As much as I hate groups of people, I now admit that I probably need group to keep me on track. So I am willing to give this a proper go!

So weigh day is going to be a Monday! Start weight of 19st 13.5lbs. I'll post properly tomorrow, today has been a very long day! I hope everyone is well, I shall catch up with diaries over the next couple of days.

Hi Eleanor, I was wondering his you where doing. Lovely to see you back and I hope the group goes well for you.

Thank you both :) xx

Today has been a transition day! So not brilliant, but not awful. I have the rest of the week planned so no excuses from tomorrow on wards.

B - Not organised, so didn't have anything
L - Again, not organised. Co-Op Cheese Ploughmans Sandwich (22 syns) and water melon.
D - Chicken, roasted carrots, swede, broccoli and cauliflower.

HexA - 250ml Semi-skimmed milk
HexB - Nothing yet, might not bother today.

I'm feeling positive for the days ahead, I've got a plan and I went SW friendly shopping today. I even treated myself to new food storage pots.

I plan on using my syns as mainly part of my meals. I want to avoid the mindset of having loads left and thinking I can just binge on crap. As I am a big girl I get up to 20 syns per day, but I am going to target 15 with the other 5 as a buffer.

I'm feeling good about SW. Now I just need to sort the job out! I hate my current one, I keep looking, but so far nothing I want to apply for. Not even anything on the internal job site.

All sounds great - and you could take some of the bread off your syns and use it as your HEB :).

Love the positivity - and I'm with you on the crap avoidance approach!

Hiya! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻
Lovely to see you back, although so to hear you’ve been struggling

Well done in getting to the group! Never been to one butvthe sound like a great source of support and really important to help you keep on track.

You can do this El!! Xxx

Aww thank you :) I'm feeling like I can do this, which is something I've not felt in years!!

Good day today!

B - Passionfruit yogurt 112g (3) and grapes.
L - Pasta n sauce (2.5) and chicken. Cherry toms and cucumber.
D - x2 small jacket pots, tuna with 30% salad cream x2 tbsp (3), baked beans, carrots, peas and cauliflower.

HexA - 250ml Semi-skimmed milk.
HexB - Nothing! What I should of done was put some oats in my yogurt for overnight oats.

Syns - 35ml gin x2 (8) and light tonic x2 (2)

Total Syns - 18.5

Definitely having overnight oats for breakfast. I've decided to use proper yogurt rather than the mullers as I want to try and avoid artificial sweeteners. I highly recommend the Yeo Valley Passionfruit curd one, it's lovely!!

Last job for today is prep brekkie and decide on and prep lunch for tomorrow.

Sorry to hear the job isn't the best, I know exactly what its like to be job searching and wanting one you can enjoy.

It's a silly situation with the job. I need a new one, but not in the right emotional place at the moment.

It's taking me some time to get used to syns again and tracking what I'm eating. I've had a few bad days and I am not looking forward to handing in my food diary tomorrow! Not looking forward to weigh in either. A maintain would be an achievement.

Weekend has been quite good for me. No wine, a bit too much gin, but it could of been worse. Not having wine is a huge achievement for me!

I am going to take this week by week. I know this isn't going to happen over night. Staying on plan everyday is going to take work, but I'll get there. I have a lot of bad habits to sort out.

Week by week is the only way hun - don't set any goals except a loss, and just plan your food across the week, if you can.

You can do this, lovely, but huge change takes time to stick so don't worry about easing yourself into it xx

I l9ve the idea of taking it week by werk-might steal that lol xxxx

Well, I would like to report a miracle! 2.5lbs off for my first weigh-in!!! I'm so happy! It was my one good thing on what has been a really horrible day! I'm still baffled about how I did it, but I'll take it!

Back