If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Ooops!! Ended up having a bad food day!! Pizza and gin!! All counted but still not brilliant. I've gone over my cals by 164. I have stupidly let a rubbish day at work get to me, including having to deal with an angry man on the phone. On the plus side, the only bad thing I bought today was pizza, and 3/4 of that is eaten with the rest probably going in the bin, so rest of the week should be ok.

Pizza and gin, yep those days exist.
Hope today is better and you have no angry man

Thank you Tipp :)

Better day today. Currently 320 cals under my limit, so doing well. Managed a couple of gins and a huge dinner of sausages, roasted red pepper and carrots, purple sprouting broccoli and new potatoes!! So good!!
Weigh this morning showing a 3lb loss! Very happy with that, it set me up for a good day.

Last night I got my whiteboard down from the spare room. On it I've written things to remember, that I can do it and that it's just food, my emotions don't need it.

I'm feeling alright at the moment about my weight loss. I feel in control for the first time in a couple of years, just hoping I can stick with it.

Hi El - sounds like you're really getting the balance right, and please don't worry about days where you go over - I'm an emotional eater too (i suspect most of us here are), and we have to be realistic and know that we'll have days where things don't go according to plan - but most days you will do fabulously, so focus on those successful days instead xxx

Thank you Susie :) I think I am still learning and getting to grips with the fact that there are going to be days when I go over cals but it's not the end of the world.

Very good day today!! Under cals, I had enough to log a whole bottle of wine!! I probably won't have the whole bottle, but the option is there :classic_big_grin: Quiet evening in tonight, catching up on last night's First Dates! One of my favourite programmes!

Also, I am discovering that quorn is actually ok. Tonight I had a quorn mozzarella and pesto escalope, it's quickly becoming one of my favourite things! I love them! Wouldn't even know it's not chicken. I also love the crispy nuggets.

Evening! Hope everyone is well.

It's been an off plan few days. Back on it today though. I've done something to my shoulder which has put counting cals on the back burner. It's been agony on and off since last Tuesday. It's slowly getting better, but laying down for sleep is the enemy at the moment.

Under cals a little bit today, so that's good. Luckily been maintaining rather than gaining too much. Sorting myself out slowly.

Hope the shoulder gets better, it can be so annoying when bits of you just dont work as they should

Hey El

You're doing brilliantly, love - aiming for a maintain, and trying to keep things in rein a bit, is a great approach!

Sx

Hope your shoulder feels better soon hun x

Thank you lovelys :) It's feeling better today. I was actually able to sleep last night for the first time in a week. Although, had a training thing this afternoon and the chair was awful!!! So uncomfortable, I was glad to leave as I could feel the ache getting bad again.

A good on plan day so far. Already logged all meals, so all I have to do is cook!! Pasta bolognese for dinner, all counted in MFP! I'm in need of carbs today so I can't wait!!! Also got plenty of cals left for cheese! Happy days!

YUM nothing like bolognese with cheese mmm, hope you enjoyed it!

Your shoulder - have you had a deep massage on it? A friend of mine does that, she dislocated her shoulder years ago and still has problems with it, so she gets a woman (with very strong thumbs haha) to do a deep massage and says it sorts her right out.

Bolognese was lovely! enough for 4 portions, I had one over the weekend and the other 2 are in the freezer for another day.

Bad couple of days Fri and Sat. Only good thing about Sat was that I counted everything that went in my mouth!! Got to about 3500 cals I think it was, it's all in MFP.

Sun was much better, scales showed a little gain but not bothered by it. Cals ended under target so that was good. Scales this morning showed a good loss. Another good day today, so hopefully I'm back on it.

Can't wait for pay day on Friday! This week it's all I'm thinking about!

Hope everyone is ok xx

I need a new kettle! The lid struggles to stay clipped down on mine. I also want a new pedometer. Plus it's nice just to fell like I have some money.

I agree, i had saved for my holidays and while i have spent what i had i gotbpaid while i was away and that hasnt been touched. Its a nice feeling having a cushion of one untouched payday.

Lots of lovely stylish kettles out there - I've been thinking of getting a new one, my current one (a really expensive Bosch one) seems to take ages to boil now!

Happy shopping :)

Hi All.

I had a good few days up until Friday!! Spent far too much money on food and drink! Then the heat yesterday really got to me. Ended up being a bit poorly then collapsing on my bed with a cool flannel on my head and that was me out for the count. Feel better today as it's cooler today, but my skin is terrible! Red and blotchy with a new spot. Bleurgh.

Quiet day today. Not CC'ing today, I just want to focus on feeling better! Toast and a bit too much butter for breakfast. Might have eggs for lunch. Really craving pineapple, I have tin in the cupboard so will have that at some point today as well.

I'm really looking forward to dinner. I'm going to roast some cherry toms with some garlic and olive oil until the skins crack, then stirring them up with pasta, rocket, mozzarella and maybe some chicken. Not had it before but I'm excited for it.

Hope everyone is ok. I'll try and catch up on diaries today xx

Back