If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Onwards and downwards, absolutely! You can do this, sweetie!

The carbonara sounds lovely - there are some smashing SW recipe blogs out there now.

Welcome back Elanor, lovely to see you posting again. You can do this! We’re all in it together xx

Thank you all :)

I feel a bit better after my little essay. So today hasn't been too bad food wise!

My daily calorie limit is currently 1700, as I didn't want to go too low too soon. So far I am at 1361 cals, which includes a large glass of pinot grigio!! Lovely! I need to add on my milk for the day, but overall it's looking good. Dinner was a good old SW carbonara, and it was lovely!

Tomorrow is sort of planned. Yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, maybe a belvita. Sandwich and fruit for lunch, and dinner will be salmon, rice and veg!

Still feeling a bit down on myself, but not as much as yesterday. So on wards and downwards!!
Calorie counting can be quite flexible if you use it wisely - all sounds good - so now you have come back (same as me!) Another update please --good or bad! lol
How do fancy being a participant for me on my nutrition & weight management course? :D i have asked a friend in the office at work but not sure how reliable she will be? and maybe 2 people would be better - I would need you to fill out honest food diaries for me and meet up as well?

Ooo, Denn, that sounds like a brilliant idea!! I'd love to do your nutrition course! Sounds like it could be just what I need. Some accountability, and someone to talk to. Whilst learning how to eat properly!

This week has been a struggle. I've actually eaten some vegetables, and done some logging on MFP. But overall, still not 100% on the wagon. Things are improving though. I know I'll get there, but it's an uphill battle.

Little victory today. Biscuits and chocolate are now turning up at work in the run up to Christmas. Today, I completely avoided them! I stuck to my cherries and grapes! I did have a brie and cranberry sandwich, and a 50g bag of mini cheddars for lunch, but can't win them all :D

Ooo, Denn, that sounds like a brilliant idea!! I'd love to do your nutrition course! Sounds like it could be just what I need. Some accountability, and someone to talk to. Whilst learning how to eat properly!

This week has been a struggle. I've actually eaten some vegetables, and done some logging on MFP. But overall, still not 100% on the wagon. Things are improving though. I know I'll get there, but it's an uphill battle.

Little victory today. Biscuits and chocolate are now turning up at work in the run up to Christmas. Today, I completely avoided them! I stuck to my cherries and grapes! I did have a brie and cranberry sandwich, and a 50g bag of mini cheddars for lunch, but can't win them all :D

That's great - thank you! I still have to finish my studying and do an exam at the end first - which will I have to complete by the 1st of January - then I have to do the case study (probably timed about right -being after xmas lol)- which will be you lol - and I have to examine food diaries and give advice etc - and some other things and there's also a lot of Q & A's that I will have to do also - but I will message you in a week or so on FB messenger? and maybe we could meet up? xx

Well done on your Victory!
Being half good is better than being totally bad - I do think it is extra hard at this time of year with SO much temptation around unless you are fully motivated to stay on track - so well done on those little victories xx

Sounds good :) I think it would hopefully help me to focus on eating better! And it's good that it will help you out too :)

I've had one of those weekends, where all I have done is binge!! Massive pizza and mozzarella sticks on Friday, plus wine!! Curry last night, and more wine! Feel awful now. I've eaten today, but it wasn't brilliant, 3 fried eggs, proper mayo, and x2 slices of bread and butter!! It actually made me feel a bit sick!

I've also made a decision about the gym! I am going to join in the new year, but more likely February than January. That way I have time to improve my eating, and hopefully the rush of Resolution joiners will of been and gone! It's going to be a huge step for me. I'm terrified, one of my complexes is the thought of people watching/looking at me, even though I know they're probably not. But, once I get over the first step, then I know it will improve my life. It's an all Ladies gym, and it looks really welcoming.

Sounds like a plan!

And they won't be looking at you - or if they do look it's just to think to themselves "Oooh I like her hair!" - so don't worry about it love, just enjoy it xx

Don't worry, I've had one of those weekends too!:rolleyes:
Don't think it helps being so near to Xmas either...
That's good news about the gym :)
People there will be more concerned on their own goals so I wouldn't worry about being watched.....whenever I have joined a gym in the past I have always gone on my own never with anybody else , Just go in there do what I want to do then go :)
What gym is it you're going to join that's a ladies only?
Are you still living where I picked you up for the Birmingham meet up? Not that I can remember where that is LOL , just know it wasn't far from the hospital if I remember right?

Bad weekend has carried over into a bad week!! One good thing, no sneaky bottles of wine! Oh well, I think with Xmas coming it's going to be difficult. I'm going to go for the psychological new start that January brings.

The gym is not too far from home, about 10 miles, but it's conveniently close to work. And yep, still living in the same place as before.
At the moment, not feeling too nervous about the gym, just need to buy some clothes and trainers. I think it helps that I know it will do me the world of good.

Hi All!

Just thought I would check in. I've been lurking rather than posting recently. I'm really struggling at the moment. I just can't get my head in the right place. I have all the best intentions, but it just doesn't happen. I figure that if I keep planning healthy weeks, one day it's going to stick! So, I'm just going to keep plodding on! It's all I can do at the moment.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Happy New Year Elanor:)

Welcome back!

To get back into it aim to do just one day this week and if you manage another then count that as a bonus and gradually build on your successes.

Baby steps, baby steps...

Thank you both. That is a very good idea Mini! I need to get a new calendar, then I can mark off when I have a good day. I think that would help to track my progress :) xx

Happy New Year Elanor:)

Welcome back!

To get back into it aim to do just one day this week and if you manage another then count that as a bonus and gradually build on your successes.

Baby steps, baby steps...

What a great idea!

Well, today hasn't been a terrible day!! Not perfect, but it was good....ish!

Breakfast: Porridge with raspberries.
Lunch: Ham, tomato and spinach sandwich, and Arla Skyr yogurt.
Snack: Cashews
Dinner: x2 beef burgers in small wholemeal rolls, with gherkins, tomato and salad leaves. Plus burger sauce.
Dessert: Coffee Mousse! (So bad, but oh so good!)

Lots of coffee with milk!!

For me that is a very good day!

Tomorrow is sort of planned. I have an old Slimming World favourite, Campfire Stew, in the slow cooker for dinner. It will probably be porridge and raspberries for breakfast, grapes and cherries, lunch is a ? but I will probably have a pasta and sauce pot meal thing.

Back