If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

I'm doing lots of fruit and veg, no meat, little pasta and bread - and enjoying it (the hot weather helps!).

I'm trying to see it as a success if i do ok for most meals, and an indulgence once a week or so is ok too :).

SW is fab good luck hunny xxxx

Hi El,

You're not a broken record - it's great you're tracking your weight and feel like you are still committed to making changes to lose weight. That's brilliant just in itself.

I'm really sorry to hear you lost your Dad last year. Can't imagine how that feels coming up to the anniversary butbsounds like susie has got good ideas for getting you through the day

I'm also in a bit of a rut for restarting and was wondering whether SW might be a good idea for me... so you and Susie might have some company :) xxxxxx

Thank you Claire :)

I do love SW. I got bored of it beginning of last year, and I am thinking now may be a good time to try it again. I haven't found a convenient group, so I may sign up online instead, as the tools on the website are really useful. If they haven't changed it too much, I found it better than the WW one. And as I have you lovely ladies, I don't feel like I would miss out too much if I don't attend a group.

This weekend has been very indulgent!! Pizza on Friday, Steak pie with chips and beans last night!! The calories in the pie were shocking, but I still ate it :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am having spag bol tonight, and if I was doing SW, the only thing I would have to syn is the bit of chorizo I am putting in it. I am bulking it out with lots of veg!! So that is a positive!

The more I think about it, the more I want to do SW again. Which means, I have made a decision! I am a very indecisive person, but once I make my mind up I tend to stick with it.

Thank you lovely ladies, don't know what I would do without you :) xxxx

Love and hugs back El - you're a fab lady and we're all here rooting for you!

Great news on the decision, the only way is downwards (scale wise) :). But OMG pie. Pieeeeee now I want one :D.

I've bitten the bullet and re-joined SW Online!! 4th time of joining SW, so hopefully 4th time lucky :D Currently going through the recipe pages and planning this week. Also just created a 2nd Instagram account to use just for SW. So I can follow other SW accounts, and post photos of my food, to try and keep focused and positive!

Right, I am all planned for the week! Tomorrow might be a bit dodgy, as by the time I had decided on my food plan the supermarket was shut! But, I will make good choices where I can, and log everything even if I don't make good choices. I'm going a day at a time, and trying not to put too much pressure on myself.

I'm currently catching up with Barry Gibb's Glastonbury set. He is still amazing! I love the Beegees, and even thought it's not quite the same without Maurice and Robin, Barry puts on a brilliant performance.

4 is my lucky number

Well done for planning out the week. Just stick to your great plan and you'll get off to a great start. Good luck!!!

Woohoo well done El - you've taken the first step. Never mind that you've tried before, this one's a keeper!

Well proud of you sweetie - and remember to get loads of speed veg down you xx

As expected, today has been dodgy. But, it's fine. Every meal has been a bit rubbish! In the spirit of being open and honest, I shall list my day!

B - Go Ahead biscuits
L - Chicken and chorizo sandwich, red pepper, cucumber and sour cream and chive dip.
D - Grated cheese with a side of pasta bolognese and some ketchup, x2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf with anchor spreadable.

I haven't synned it all, but I know it will be way over my syns. Tomorrow will be different, as I have been shopping, and I have planned. Though I have just realised I have a problem. I am having a broccoli bake for dinner tomorrow, only problem is there was no broccoli in Sainsbury! Now I have to remember I need to buy some.

I will make sure I track everything properly tomorrow. Today was like my transition. I was aware of my poor choices, but not worrying about it, as tomorrow is going to be better.

Nah don't worry, you've got to be sensible about it too and use up what food you have first.

Tomorrow is your day to get really stuck into it - and that broccoli bake sounds lush! How do you make it?

Already prepped breakfast and lunch :) Overnight oats, and Pesto Pasta N Sauce packet with added mushrooms, spring onions and broccoli (steam bag, not big enough for my dinner as well).

The bake is a load of broccoli cooked, add diced up cherry toms and spring onions, then add to a mixture of onion and chive low fat cottage cheese, crushed garlic and x2 eggs. You can also add grated reduced fat cheese as well. Once it's all mixed together, put in a dish, sprinkle cheese on top, and bake it in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes. I've not had it before, but it sounds lovely, and it come under the SP plan on SW.

I can confirm the broccoli bake was lovely!! In my wisdom, I added pasta and chicken, which meant there wasn't enough of the cottage cheese mixture, and it was a bit watery, but the flavour was lovely! So all good.

It has been a good 2nd day overall. Enough syns for a glass of wine! Feeling positive! So tomorrow will be an even better day!

The bake sounds lovely, I adore bakes - especially when I resist the temptation to smother them in melted cheese :).

Great to hear how positive you're feeling, sweetie! xx

I love bakes too! Can't beat sticking everything in one tray and letting the oven do the work.

I am definitely feeling positive. I have gone over my syns again today, but only by 3! So in the grand scheme of things I can live with that. Plus gin was involved, so that makes everything better!

B - Overnight oats, raspberries and strawberries.
L - Pasta, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli and spring onions. Raspberries
D - Left over Broccoli bake, with pasta, chicken, cherry toms, spring onions and cheese (10)

Other - Gin with Rose lemonade (8) - It's a pre-mixed one from Sainsbury, and is lovely!!

Syns = 18

HexA - 300ml 1% milk
HexB - Porridge Oats

So good day over all, especially compared to what my eating has been like in recent months.

I am having one problem though. When I get home from work, my ankles are really swollen. Last week, I thought it could be the heat, but this week it's been low 20s and much cooler. Once my shoes and socks are off they go down, but i'm not sure if I need to be concerned.

I am only just finding your journey BUT I want to say way to freaking go making your plan and sticking to it. If you go over your syns just try to pull it back another day don't let it stress you out too much. I feel 4th time may be the charm xx

Oooh that gin sounds lovely!

I get swollen ankles too, from sitting too much and not enough walking - but it's also water retention. I'm starting on celery seed tablets for it tomorrow, but you can also help by eating lots of celery - use it with a homemade hummus dip (I just blend the chickpeas with some paprika and a little oil, we can't get tahini here).

My acupuncturist says swollen ankles are a sign of low kidney energy and to help it you need to be good to yourself, to actually slow down and take things easy and let your kidneys take their time to do what they do.
NOT medical advice....just passing on what she says.
But as I think about it when my ankles are sore yes I do want to kick off my shoes and socks and put my feet up a relax...so it makes sense.

Hi All!! I've been away for the weekend, so just popping in for a quick catch up as got lots to do! Though I would rather just not go to work tomorrow and do all my chores then!

Weekend has involved lots of wine and food! We went to an Argentinian steak house last night. I had a 400g fillet steak, and it was amazing!!! it was huge, and I had to sacrifice 2 chunky chips to eat it all, but it was worth it. I also discovered that I love the honey Jack Daniels, that was lush!!

I am going to try and be back on it tomorrow, I didn't get to the shops today, so I will need to buy lunch tomorrow. I'm going to menu plan tonight, but no idea what I fancy this week. So I may plan for the next 2 or 3 days, otherwise I find if I plan too far ahead, I don't want what I have planned and end up going shopping for bad things!

Hope everyone is well, and I will try and catch up with diaries over the next couple of days xx

Back