If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Thank you ladies :) I'm going to tackle it again tonight. Need some brain food first though!

Another positive of the job I am applying for is that it is not only back into the childcare sector (but without being a nursery), it is an extra £7000 per year! So it really is in my best interests to sell myself. This job is right up my street, and uses the skills I've learnt in my current job, combined with my childcare experience. It's practically perfect!

Wow Elanor, that pay increase alone is enough to make it worth your while getting a great letter sorted.
Best wishes, trust me, I know what it is like....you should see some of the rubbish I have felt compelled to write about myself recently.

Right! Application is sent! I ummed and ahhed about how to send the cover letter. It was either attached a word doc, or put it in the email itself. I've opted for attaching the word doc as it is a proper letter format. I then put a short message in the email to say why I am emailing, and that my CV and cover letter were attached. Hopefully I made the right choice! No idea when I will hear back. Closing date is today, and there was no indication of interview dates. So now I just need to wait and hope.

I had a proper chat with my Mum yesterday, as she didn't realise how much I am struggling with my back pain and my relationship with food. I've promised her I will book a doctors appointment, as now even just standing for a couple of minutes hurts. But, yesterday we went for a short walk and even though it really hurt, I walked up a really steep hill and only stopped for a rest twice! So I just need to stop being stubborn and actually ask for help. I think I am always so hesitant to go to the Doctors as I feel like I'm never listened to, but that could just be me.

Well done El!

It really sounds to me like you are turning a corner and grappling with stuff in your life, so proud of you hun - and fab on getting the job application in! xxx

Well done on getting the application in. Now look for all and every other job there is....you have the hard work done with the CV and letter you may as well use thwm for other jobs. Sorry to hear about your back and hope you get a doctor to see if it can be helped soon.

Hiya!

Well, I haven't heard anything about the job. Not even an acknowledgement that they have received my email. I was quite proud of what I submitted, and it's not often I am proud of myself.

Food has been terrible, I do really well during the day. Start with porridge, then a sandwich and lots of fruit for lunch. Then when I get home, and no one is around to judge, I just give up and eat.

On a more positive note, I am off to Cornwall for a week in 2 weeks time. I can't wait! I really need to get away and have a break from everything. I am renting a little house next to a river, it has a private decking area and is in a very quiet little village. Then it is close enough to the bigger towns for days out etc. I will also be going to the sea!! I love the sea!

Would perhaps a slow cooker help - walk into the nice smells of something precooked?

Hope that no news is good news job wise!

The house sounds lush, I've never been to Cornwall but I'd really love to!

I do love my slow cooker. I might take a look at some recipes tomorrow. One thing I really need to do is stick to the healthy meals I plan. I have a bad habit of giving in to the devil on my shoulder and going shopping after work and buying things I love, which are really unhealthy.

I've been to Cornwall once, many years ago. I went to Devon last year, and that was lovely! But, I should of gone to the cottage I am going to this year, but there was a flood and I had to find somewhere else. So I decided end of last year to try and rent it again, this year they haven't cancelled on me, so fingers crossed I'll be there in 2 weeks time. It's going to be lovely!

Sounds great Eleanor, I'd live to go to Cornwall, I hope you have a great time. Sorry to hear you haven't heard anything back from the job yet but sometimes thwy can take forever. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm the same, Elanor - especially when I'm tired and fed up or had a long/hard day - so much easier to grab what you fancy rather than what's health/on plan! I';m so easily swayed too, it depends how my willpower is that that time :confused::classic_big_grin:

I stayed in Bude for a week and did exactly the same, rented an amazing place and wandered about on buses - had a fab time, and I know you will too :).

Re the shopping on your way home - what about doing your shop online and just putting the good stuff in your online basket?

Have a fab holiday! xx

Click and collect is a possibility. I quite like going around the shop myself though. I don't walk too far at the moment where my back is bad, but walking round the shop is better than no walking.

I have done pretty well the last couple of days. Not perfect, but I've made slightly better choices. Probably way over calories, but one step at a time! Steak and potatoes last night, and chicken fajitas tonight. I'm trying to ease myself in, rather than forcing myself, and then just getting annoyed.

Only 6 working days until I am off work for my holiday! I am so excited!!

I understand entirely! I have a Tesco delivery pass but sometimes I do enjoy a potter around the shop(s) too - if only as it's the only place I'll go that week or time I'll get out as I'm a carer.

Well done Elanor! Keep going! :) Dn't forget to leave room in your suitcase for us!

Haha! If I could take you all I would! You could keep me on the straight and narrow :classic_big_grin:

Another OK day. Sausages and vegetable bake for dinner. Porridge for brekkie, and a mugshot and watermelon for lunch.

I need to have a think about breakfast. Getting bored of porridge, and that leads to bad things like cheese twists from the shop round the corner from work!! Eggs are a no go, I have finally worked out they don't agree with me. It's only a stomach ache, but eating them isn't worth it. So, I need to have a think. It has to be something that is quick, easy, and that I can eat at my desk.

Back