'If not now, WHEN?'

cereals are dreadful
I have been making my own muesli for years - my friends children have 2 boxes of chocolate based cereal each week
I took round some muesli and had some grate chocolate on it (very little) and they had it with a cup of hot cocoa and loved it - now not only are they eating better but its saving them money as well

Any cereal with chocolate or sugar is banned in my house, wholegrain ones only lol!

Oh wow Aaleigha your own mueseli - that sounds wonderful. And the wholegrains Stirky - you are all such good and ethical mums. I know it 'should' be obvious but please tell me what you put in your mueseli - I would love to have a go.

Well I do not know how or what is happening but somehow I seem to be back to 7lbs gone! No idea how, as I have been far from an angel. My halo slipped and fell into a tub of ice cream last night :eek: I think maybe I have been a bit Pre-TOTM as I could chew the ear off any callers at my door LOL!

So I guess I wasted a week on the JUDDD but hell, I have wasted around 33 years before discovering this eating plan! Or it could be my battery is dying in the weighing scales - who knows but it's a DD today and a very motivated one now. Wishing you all a great day. I do admire the way so many of you seem to post on so many diaries and threads - I try to do that but please forgive me if I miss someone's.

Good luck on your dd Hoe, I'm on an up day but being as I'm feeling so lurgyfied it just as well be a dd I think lol! Will see how I feel later!

Have a good day x

My halo slipped and fell into a tub of ice cream last night :eek:
Thats so funny. Mine did the day before, it flew off and landed in the freezers at Asda. 2 tubs of Ben and Jerrys for £3! It would have been rude not to lol.
Have a great DD

I notice how Jolinarr is so good at walking/exercising while doing this. I was with a guy over the weekend who said a chinese doc he went to for high blood pressure and overweight had recommended him the Tom Yum soup and told him to exercise to get the heart rate up before EACH meal even if only for 5 mins. The guy lost 10lbs in two weeks! Then the weight loss stabilised (as the doc told him it would) and he had to revert to normal diet mode. I am having the Tom Yum on down days with only the veg in it.

Okay if I remember correctly... Tom Yum Soup
Large glug of olive oil
1 chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic crushed
3 carrots
2 sticks of celery
Can of chopped tomatoes
1/4 heart of cabbage
I also added 2 leeks and any veg okay but not potatoes
2 litres of vegetable stock
1/2 level tsp Tom Yum paste (Tesco) I added a little more for extra spicy taste.
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tblsp fish sauce

Fry onion and garlic till soft
Add all other ingredients and cook for one hour
1/2 blend so there are still some solids in the soup

I may add chicken and noodles for an UD. Prob ok for a DD too if you CC. There are other recipes on the net for this soup but this was the one I was given. Enjoy!

Can't believe what I have just put myself through! I got invited out to a pub quiz tonight and thought 'yes that will take my mind off food.' But no, the three people I was with eat their way through bangers and mash, fish & chips and ham and eggs followed by several ice cream and pavlova puddings. :mad: I could stand it no more and had a packet of plain crisps 130 cals (had to do something to stop my drool spoiling the answer sheet!) Even after that I still consider myself a bloomin' hero! I will not be going again with those folks on a DD!

Then one of them left early and phoned to say there was a fire engine and police car outside my house!!! :eek: I shot out the door so fast that I got a month's worth of exercise in those five minutes it took me to reach home! My house was NOT on fire and my heart rate should be approaching normal again some time in mid December! Sometimes it's just easier not to have a 'social life!'

Last edited:
so glad to here your house was ok - such a shock
any idea why they decided it a good idea to park there - apart from knowing you needed to run off 130 cals of course

Yes it was a bad accident and about 200 yards from my house on the main road not on my lane. Road closed and all but in the fog she couldn't see what was where and assumed the fog was smoke! That little episode probably took a week off my life!

Oh god, what a shock! I bet you were in such a mad panic, I would've been running home hysterically crying I think lol!

Good on you just having crisps when all your friends were stuffing lol, not easy at all!!! So good on you. Yes would keep the pub quiz for an ud lol! Although I survived the cinema on a dd with 8 friends all stuffing popcorn, sweets and chocolate, wasn't easy lol! But wish I'd been on an up day lol lol!

I think you were a hero just having the crisps! Sure you burned it all off on the rush home! Glad it wasn't your house. If I'm away for even a couple of days I'm always quite pleased to see the house still standing!

Thanks yes, uneventful and nice full tummy... even had some yummy choccy and enjoyed every mouthful! :17729:

Glad you had a great UD, choccy why not, bet you really enjoyed it :D

Just catching up. That must have been horrible to feel as if it was your house bet the adrenaline was pumping, as emums said at least it burnt off the calories lol.
Hope you have a good day today

Thanks Ladies. Almost off on the hols so may not be online much. I look forward to checking back in with you in a week or so. Keep up the great work.... wish I were thinner, holidays would be so much more fun. Oh well next goal Christmas!

Last edited:
Back