If we have to deviate from 810.....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Piella!!!, 22 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Piella!!!

Piella!!! Full Member

What sort of carb limit are we aiming for-instead of my white and green meal yday I had a tuna salad ready meal-180 cals but 18g carb....figured it was lower than some bars so cant be too bad.....?

Whats the real low down??

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Piella!!!

Piella!!! Full Member

anyone?

4. flowey

flowey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Sorry not sure, will watch this post to find out though

5. mollydog

mollydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Not sure either, sorry. However, have a check in the book and there is quite a good selection. My fave is always some ham or turkey and cottage cheese but i know a lot of people dont like cottage cheese.

6. Piella!!!

Piella!!! Full Member

any one else?

7. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    It is hard to say because CD doesn't really allow for a carb meal on 810 -- you would have to go up the plans for that (1000 cals plus), but generally, when you start the Atkins diet you are on 20g of carbs daily to get into ketosis, and as you correctly point out some of the bars contain more than 20g of carbs.

You may find you can still have a good weekly weight loss with the odd small serving of carbs but don't skimp on your CD packs to fit it in -- or you will be in trouble as you will not be getting all the nutrients you need!

As a general rule, you should never eat more than 20g of carbs in one sitting to stay in ketosis, and check an hour after to see if you have been knocked out of ketosis.

hope this helps

8. Piella!!!

Piella!!! Full Member

yes that helps amazingly! So that tuna meal i had-18 odd grams of carbs wasnt too bad then....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.