If you could give one piece of advice

Look at your weight losses ova a month rather than weekly.
My losses have felt really slow (sometimes just 0.5lb when behaved 100%) but in 7 month i've lost 2.5 stone.
Its the long term journey thats important not the weekly weigh in!

If you keep doing the same thing the same thing will happen. To bring about a change something has to change. This is my motto and when I'm really struggling I find I go back to it. Also planning my food and writing a food diary helps me see what needs to be changed.

Do a food diary and keep it honest. If I don't write it down I didn't eat it and it's a slippery slope from there!

The only reason it Doesn't work is if you don't do it properly!

You might be able to skip the 1/3rd super free occasionally, or drink all your syns at the weekend, or have white bread instead of wholemeal on the odd occasion, but if you stop losing them you need to stop tweaking!

I think have a goal in sight, or something to aim for in the short term. If you have ten stone to lose, but really want to lose one of them by your birthday and wear the dress you haven't worn for years on that night, then that's a more motivational goal than looking at the ten stone, or the 'where I'll be in two years when I'm finally at my target date' as a whole.

I always have something to aim for, for example in December 2010 I didn't go to my office Christmas party, it was at a golf club and involved wearing a dress in front of numerous stick insect colleagues, and I just couldn't be bothered with feeling that level of self-consciousness for a whole evening. Every time I went to eat something questionable last summer, I thought about the Christmas party 2011 and it helped a lot.

I'm not much of one to preach having spent the last 6 months gaining constantly, but I actually put that down to having nothing to aim for. I didn't make a conscious decision in my head to 'get to there before then' I just carried on thinking 'I'll start next week'... until I booked a holiday!!

I am thankfully now well back on track, but with only the target of the beach to thank. Even if I didn't have a holiday though (like the previous 11 years) I would still consider this the best tool out there for me. Being able to wear something nice(r) at my boyfriend’s birthday last October was another small personal milestone to go for, so it’s not always about (NON!)-bikini bodies :)

I always, always, keep an obsessively thorough food diary too, but that in conjunction with a mini-target seems to be the key for me

Last edited:
My pieces of advice is to follow the plan. Weigh/measure healthy extras, don't just guess them. Also keep a food diary, if I didn't keep one I probably wouldn't do it as strict!!

Also don't be afriad to have a day off OCCASIONLY! Not once a week or anything, but just occasionly as there's always gonna be times in real life when you just can't be as good as you'd like. Don't beat yourself up, just get back to it the next day!!

My advice is if you find yourself eating because you're bored, find something to do that occupies your hands, I'm currently quilting Christmas stockings or the kids otherwise I find I want to snack. Also keeping an honest food diary makes m feel accountable for what I eat :)

Don't be scared to exercise just because of how it might affect the scales, exercise will help tone and shape your figure better

For me- Give yourself a treat after weigh in. Its how I keep myself sane! Usually it's something I've been thinking of the past week - chocolate bar,a small takeaway for my dinner. Then I wake up the next day and am back on it all over again for the next week.
I did SW for a long time being strict, and as soon as I was off it I went crazy and the weight went back on. Have realised that If I don't have some treats then I will never keep it up for life!

Back