Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

If you ever needed proof.....

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by pete10141748, 5 January 2009 Social URL.

1. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    ....that people don't notice a change on a day-to-day basis, well, I got it at work today!

After being off for two weeks for Xmas, and only losing 6lbs over it, I came back to work and so many people made comments along the lines of "my god, how did you lose so much weight in the last 2 weeks??!!!!?"

I was almost stunned into silence! But managed to tell them I'd been dieting and losing for over 2 months, to which they all seemed amazed and some even apologised for not noticing before!

It was so weird.... but so very true and proves that you really don't notice a change in someone you see all the time!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hannahwil2002

hannahwil2002 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I had exactly the same happen to me!! Doesn't it feel great!? Really adds to your motivation. I even got a 'skinny' comment!! :)

Hx

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    It sure does add to your confidence (especially when the cute teacher told me I look "goooood! ;) " ) :D :D

5. hannahwil2002

hannahwil2002 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    You're in! Go for it!! lol

Hx

6. EmVeg

EmVeg Do a little dance!

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(40.31%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I've just made a mental note to have 2 weeks off mid-loss for a motivation boost!

7. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    I would if I weren't already taken! ;) :D :D

8. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    Well you look amazing not surprised people are reacting as they are :D. I'm looking forward to seeing family at the end of this journey I've made sure we haven't seen them since before I started and we won't til I'm at goal it's so exciting thinking about what they'll say before it was oh emma you have such a pretty face it's such a shame you're over weight grrrrr.

xXx

9. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thats great:D how to feel good after the hols and give you more :) to keep going!

I see my family in April and is one of my goals to get a comment from them:p

10. JazzyB

JazzyB Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Yes I used to get comments like that from my mother in law!! Just because she is skinny - old bat :(
    She would always serve up chicken salad when we visited - not a big colourful one either, a couple of leaves, a couple of grapes and a slice of cucumber. I use the past tense not cos she's no longer with us but I dont bother visiting her anymore. Problem solved :):):):):)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.