If you ever needed proof.....

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by pete10141748, 5 January 2009 Social URL.

1. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    ....that people don't notice a change on a day-to-day basis, well, I got it at work today!

After being off for two weeks for Xmas, and only losing 6lbs over it, I came back to work and so many people made comments along the lines of "my god, how did you lose so much weight in the last 2 weeks??!!!!?"

I was almost stunned into silence! But managed to tell them I'd been dieting and losing for over 2 months, to which they all seemed amazed and some even apologised for not noticing before!

It was so weird.... but so very true and proves that you really don't notice a change in someone you see all the time!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hannahwil2002

hannahwil2002 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I had exactly the same happen to me!! Doesn't it feel great!? Really adds to your motivation. I even got a 'skinny' comment!! :)

Hx

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    It sure does add to your confidence (especially when the cute teacher told me I look "goooood! ;) " ) :D :D

5. hannahwil2002

hannahwil2002 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    You're in! Go for it!! lol

Hx

6. EmVeg

EmVeg Do a little dance!

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(40.31%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I've just made a mental note to have 2 weeks off mid-loss for a motivation boost!

7. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    I would if I weren't already taken! ;) :D :D

8. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    Well you look amazing not surprised people are reacting as they are :D. I'm looking forward to seeing family at the end of this journey I've made sure we haven't seen them since before I started and we won't til I'm at goal it's so exciting thinking about what they'll say before it was oh emma you have such a pretty face it's such a shame you're over weight grrrrr.

xXx

9. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thats great:D how to feel good after the hols and give you more :) to keep going!

I see my family in April and is one of my goals to get a comment from them:p

10. JazzyB

JazzyB Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Yes I used to get comments like that from my mother in law!! Just because she is skinny - old bat :(
    She would always serve up chicken salad when we visited - not a big colourful one either, a couple of leaves, a couple of grapes and a slice of cucumber. I use the past tense not cos she's no longer with us but I dont bother visiting her anymore. Problem solved :):):):):)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.