If You Fail To Prepare, You Prepare to Fail

Awwww well done. That is brilliant! xx

Yay Serena! 2lbs off is fantastic! You are within touching distance of goal now. I reckon you'll be there next week! Exciting!

Soha- did the dr prescribe Orlistat (Alli/Xenical)? Just a word of caution about this medication- I've never taken it but I've spoken to people who have and watched a documentary featuring it. Basically, it works by removing the fat you eat from you so you dont digest it. You excrete the fat, and for most people it 'leaks' out during the day. It gets worse the more fat you have in your diet. So if you want to try it then go for it, but be careful about the side effects!

The primary side effects of the drug are gastrointestinal-related, and include steatorrhea (oily, loose stools with excessive flatus due to unabsorbed fats reaching the large intestine), fecal incontinence and frequent or urgent bowel movements.[SUP][15][/SUP] GlaxoSmithKline recommends that all users be cautious of the possible side effects until they "have a sense of any treatment effects".[SUP][16][/SUP][SUP][17][/SUP] To minimize these effects, foods with high fat content should be avoided; the manufacturer advises consumers to follow a low-fat, reduced-calorie diet. Oily stools and flatulence can be controlled by reducing the dietary fat content to somewhere in the region of 15 grams per meal.[SUP][18][/SUP] The manual for Alli makes it clear that orlistat treatment involves aversion therapy, encouraging the user to associate eating fat with unpleasant treatment effects.[SUP][19]
[/SUP]According to Roche, side effects are most severe when beginning therapy and may decrease in frequency with time;[SUP][14][/SUP] this is supported by the results of the XENDOS study, which found that only 36% of people had gastrointestinal adverse effects during their fourth year of taking orlistat, whereas 91% of study subjects had experienced at least one GI-related side effect during the first year of treatment.[SUP][8][/SUP] It has also been suggested that the decrease in side effects over time may be associated with long-term compliance with a low-fat diet.[SUP][20][/SUP]

Yes Hun it's orlistat ! I took it all day long yesterday but I did watch my fat ! As I didn't take no extra so didn't discharged any thing x do that's wht I was thinking shall I take then along weight watchers ? Dr said do calories with it :/ so confused . Com I'm
Uksarena it's brillent yu be on yur goal soon x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah I think as long as you're careful about your fat intake you should be fine.

The doctor said to count calories alongside taking it, in my mind that is the same thing as WW as WW uses pro points instead of calories but it is still a low calorie diet.

It's up to you- counting calories means you are more on your own I suppose, at least with WW you can go to the meetings for support. It's whatever works best for you! Either way there are forums on minimins that you can post in for extra help.

Yay Serena! 2lbs off is fantastic! You are within touching distance of goal now. I reckon you'll be there next week! Exciting!

Soha- did the dr prescribe Orlistat (Alli/Xenical)? Just a word of caution about this medication- I've never taken it but I've spoken to people who have and watched a documentary featuring it. Basically, it works by removing the fat you eat from you so you dont digest it. You excrete the fat, and for most people it 'leaks' out during the day. It gets worse the more fat you have in your diet. So if you want to try it then go for it, but be careful about the side effects!

There are some horrible side effects lol.

I take orlistat and you just have to jot eat as much fat I've not leaked before lol

Well done serena!!

I knw ! I worked out I'm allowed 32 pp witch is like 1280 calor ! If add veg and fruit makes it 1400 or more x
Dnt knw for sme reason I find counting calories is easy :( I just can't make my mind at all :(

I knw ! I worked out I'm allowed 32 pp witch is like 1280 calor ! If add veg and fruit makes it 1400 or more x
Dnt knw for sme reason I find counting calories is easy :( I just can't make my mind at all :(

The WW allocated pro points is including a deficit with the intentions that people on WW exercises and eats their AP.

Hi Hun,slim noodles,pasta and rice have just been delivered,worked NI out and a serving is definately 0pp. Tried the noodles just with a bit of soy sauce and they're not too bad,quite filling,texture is weird,bit like chewing rubber bands! Lol. But overall not too bad really. I would say definately worth a try for 0pp. Xx

Ya I should stick to ww !! I need to losse weight soon :( !! Thank u for all yur help x yu all have been amazing xxx

well done that's mint! your doing fab. how much more do you want? x

Serena, i see you have great dinners, what do you eat for breakfast and lunch?
I tend to eat porridge but im looking for other quick breakfast ideas x

Good Morning Sweeties :)

Sooooooo I'm back from WI and I have to say that the Happy Scale Dance was in order today as I lost 2lbs! Whoop Whoop!

This week has not been easy, I struggled with my back and therefore only earned 7AP in 7Days and I struggled emotionally so I could not be prouder of myself for what I have achieved!

Thank you to each and everyone of you who has supported me and offered kind words and encouragement, love u all millions and trillions.

Lots of Love Sweeties. X

That is fab Serena you are an inspiration to us all. Slow and steady is the way to go :) You can really enjoy your weekend now you deserve it

Back