If you had a choice would go to either....

maypole

loves to eat
Canada or Australia. For loads of reasons last year we didn't have a proper honeymoon when we got married in May last year. We have 3 weeks (end of april beginning of may).

I have family in Australia so could visit them but I have always wanted to go to canada after visiting it in the early 90s.

All suggestions welcome as I can't decide :confused:

x

PS Hubby wants to go to Australia

australia - my cousin moved there 2 years ago and his photos always make me jealous. I love summer and hot weather though and canada reminds me of ski-ing and snow lol ( its probably not even like that all the time i know )

Australia has never appealed to me but I'd love to go to Niagara Falls.

Given the choice of anywhere in the world to go to though and I'd pick New Zealand x

May be a bit chilly in australia that time of year unless you go to far north queensland (cairns) or around that area, personally thats my fav part. Perth would definitely be on the cool side.

Never been to canada, but I would go there when its snowing :D

Australia is great though, any time of year

Las Vegas :):)

Tbh ive not been to any so i would be same as you, which one??? good luck and what eva you decide you will have fab time

My son has been travelling and working in New Zealand & Australia for the last 3 years and from what he has told us etc, New Zealand would be my choice to visit out of these two Countries.

For your question, I suppose it depends on whether you want good weather, and I know that Australia would be warmer for you, but I expect it depends on when you are expecting to go.

As for myself, I have always wanted to visit India, I love the food, the sights, the culture, the history and India is so full of colour too.

Well, I've been to Canada and it's stunning. It's possibly one of the nicest countries I've been lucky enough to see. If I emigrated for life it'd be there I think.

However, my sister lives in Australia and loves it. I've never been so cannot really comment on it. It's never appealed to me - whereas Canada did. I'd face the dilema as you - see family or go where I wanted to? Weirdly it occurred to me to go to Aus for our honeymoon to spend time with my sister, but we're going to visit two countries we want to see instead and hope to visit my sister the year after...

The thing is...this is your honeymoon. It's a time for you and the hubby to spend time alone and enjoy being newlyweds. If you want to go to Canada over Australia, or vice versa, go for the one you prefer. If it means not seeing some family, then yes, it's a shame, but you only (hopefully) get to have a honeymoon once...you can always try to see the other again :D

Go with your heart sweetie - wherever it may lead you xxx

Well, I've been to Canada and it's stunning. It's possibly one of the nicest countries I've been lucky enough to see. If I emigrated for life it'd be there I think.

However, my sister lives in Australia and loves it. I've never been so cannot really comment on it. It's never appealed to me - whereas Canada did. I'd face the dilema as you - see family or go where I wanted to? Weirdly it occurred to me to go to Aus for our honeymoon to spend time with my sister, but we're going to visit two countries we want to see instead and hope to visit my sister the year after...

The thing is...this is your honeymoon. It's a time for you and the hubby to spend time alone and enjoy being newlyweds. If you want to go to Canada over Australia, or vice versa, go for the one you prefer. If it means not seeing some family, then yes, it's a shame, but you only (hopefully) get to have a honeymoon once...you can always try to see the other again :D

Go with your heart sweetie - wherever it may lead you xxx

Thats my problem I don't know what my heart wants :(

Thats my problem I don't know what my heart wants :(

Awww :(

Well...if your heart doesn't know maybe bring your head into the mix and base it on finances or practicality ;)

Hope you are happy either way - and no :( Mrs...this is your honeymoon! :D:D:D:D:D all the way ;) xxx

Out of the two, Australia, but only cos I've been to Canada. It was lovely and I want to go back someday, but I'd like to see somewhere new. Australia doesn't appeal as much as New Zealand though...:D

I've been to Oz and loved it! I went with my then boyfriend. We worked our way up the coast from Sydney to Cairns. We cruised around the islands of the Great Barrier Reef and got engaged on Whitsunday Island! Another highlight was the beautiful Fraser Island. Oh, and the Opera House!

If I got the chance to go again (maybe when our kids are a bit older!) I would love to go to Uluru.

Never been to Canada, so I'm a bit biased, I'm afraid!

xx

What is stopping me on either is my mum isn't too well. She got diagnosed with terminal cancer at the start of last year which is why we didn't go away. She decided not have have any treatment as they said there was no chance of a cure. She has done amazingly well & sometimes I forget she is ill sometimes as she is just normal but I am worried if I book sometime she will get ill. Hubby says that if she does we just won't go & to hell with the money but I am torn. Kind of if I start planning stuff it will speed up her illness if that makes sense

What is stopping me on either is my mum isn't too well. She got diagnosed with terminal cancer at the start of last year which is why we didn't go away. She decided not have have any treatment as they said there was no chance of a cure. She has done amazingly well & sometimes I forget she is ill sometimes as she is just normal but I am worried if I book sometime she will get ill. Hubby says that if she does we just won't go & to hell with the money but I am torn. Kind of if I start planning stuff it will speed up her illness if that makes sense

It makes complete sense to me, I understand what you're thinking.
If you decide to go on holiday and the worst does happen, your husband is right in saying that you can cancel, you know that you booking a holiday isn't really going to make your Mums illness progress any quicker, but of course you are bound to worry.
As for where to go? I've always fancied Canada, not really attracted to Australia, but I would still like to go there one day, just to say I've been. As your husband would prefer Australia, why not go there, it'll save you having to decide.

It makes complete sense to me, I understand what you're thinking.
If you decide to go on holiday and the worst does happen, your husband is right in saying that you can cancel, you know that you booking a holiday isn't really going to make your Mums illness progress any quicker, but of course you are bound to worry.
As for where to go? I've always fancied Canada, not really attracted to Australia, but I would still like to go there one day, just to say I've been. As your husband would prefer Australia, why not go there, it'll save you having to decide.

I think you are right but will sleep on it a bit. Thank you x

Oh my Lord, I am so sorry to hear that. Most hugest hugs to you XXXX

I know the money isn't important but in the event of a deterioration I would think insurance would cover things.

I also think your mother would be upset if she thought you weren't going because of her. I reckon she wants you to go and have an amazing time wherever you go xx

Insurance doesn't cover pre exsiting conditions so we wouldn't be covered. It's not about the money though. It's about my head. I thought I was handling everything well with mumbut I'm not coping very well. Hoping to start some counselling soon as feeling very stressed & wobbly

Back