If you need motivation, read this!!

adele_30

MOTIVATION

Have you recently asked yourself, "How can I motivate myself to lose weight?" If so, you need to know that you are among millions of other people feeling the same way. When you say, "How can I motivate myself to lose weight?", it shows that you are truly interested in dropping pounds and achieving a healthier lifestyle. You should be very proud of yourself for being interested in finding ways of motivation. Finding ways to motivate yourself to lose weight can be somewhat overwhelming. Because of this, I have done much of the homework for you, pulling together some excellent motivational means of helping you get started toward your new life. Once you have reached your goal, you will be healthier, feel better, have more energy, and discovered a new sense of self.

1. Goals and Deadlines

You need to identify the amount of weight you want to lose and then set a time frame for achieving that goal. For instance, you might want to lose 1 Stone over the next two months, which is realistic. If you start by setting an unrealistic goal and deadline, then you have just set yourself up for failure. However, one of the best ways to motivate yourself to lose weight is to create a goal that is attainable.

2. Rewards

It is also important that you reward yourself when goals are met. For this, I recommend that you set your goals in increments so you have ongoing rewards. Let us say you lost 10 pounds in the first month. You should make this an accomplishment, doing something nice for yourself. Rewards do not have to be expensive but something that will keep you motivated.

3. Attitude

Going back to when you asked yourself, "How can I motivate myself to lose weight?", you had a great attitude, having made the decision to make change. This same attitude will need to be carried throughout the time you lose weight since you will be faced with times of discouragement. You might drop the first 20 pounds quickly, only to discover the next 10 are not coming off. Be patient, persistent, and maintain your attitude, knowing this delay is only temporary.

4. Visual Effects

An excellent way I motivate myself to lose weight is to use visual effects. In this case, if you have a photo of you at your heaviest, post it in a place where it will be seen daily. Then, post another photo of you when you were thinner and healthier or someone who you would like to be like, again putting it in a place where it can be easily seen. Having the comparison is an excellent motivator, helping you not to lose sight of the overall goal.

5. Support

During the time you work on losing weight, you will need good support from family and friends. These should be people who love and care about you, those who also want you to succeed. During times of frustration or times when the weight is not moving, use your support system to get through.

And Finally:

6. No More Excuses

If you are serious about losing weight, you have to stop the excuses. This means stop saying that genetics have made you heavy, or you tend to hold a lot of fluid, or no matter what you do, you simply never drop any pounds. No more excuses. When you buy into failure, you will fail. Instead, remain optimistic, knowing that you will get where you want to be but it will take time and effort. Facing the truth about your weight is hard but necessary.

This is brilliant. Hope you dont mind me stealing it!!! Very true and accurate points there x

My usual excuse is that my bones weigh heavy :p . Iv come here for my support system as a lot of my friends/family think Im fine the weight I am but Im as heavy as I was just after I had my son and I dont feel comfortable with it. I wanted to do it so I can eat healthier and manage my weight before it gets out of control.

@custardlipstick: No problem, have given it to some of my members and it has spurred them on. I hope it works for you too!! xx

My usual excuse is that my bones weigh heavy :p . Iv come here for my support system as a lot of my friends/family think Im fine the weight I am but Im as heavy as I was just after I had my son and I dont feel comfortable with it. I wanted to do it so I can eat healthier and manage my weight before it gets out of control.

You keep going for yourself, it is only you that can change and when you see the change and feel more comfortable and happier then your family/friends will notice. Do you go to group? There is alot of support there especially when members stay to Image Therapy. IT gives you the motivation and enthusiasm to keep going for the next week and over come any problems you might be having. You are doing great!!

Can I nick this to read at group tonight?

Sorry to be a pest, but...

...if you have a photo of you at your heaviest, post it in a place where it will be seen daily.

I totally disagree with this bit. I believe fat photos on the fridge send negative thoughts to your brain and make you feel bad about yourself. Positive, aspirational photos are better :)

Good post though OP. Thanks for sharing.

Just what I needed- thank you! :D

Back