I'll be rockin' the daisy dukes! - My diary to 8 stone!

floss

Okay, so last friday I finally got the courage to weigh myself at the gym and 11 stone was staring back at me. A few months ago after having my heart broken and embarking on some bad dieting I was 9 stone 7 and felt fabulous, then I started comfort eating out of misery and depression while also doing a 3 month work placement...and now the evidence is all over my backside!

I feel horrible, so it's time to do something about it. To say im absolutely terrified is an understatement. Im the girl that starts a new diet everyday but never succeeds because I never believe I can. I dont wear nice things, iv never worn a dress or a bikini, i dont show my arms in public, i cover up my mirrors...I'm not living my life!

And so, here begins my s&s journey. With my slightly hefty tail between my legs I waddle back over to the dieting wagon and begrudgingly climb back on. Welcome to a few months of weight loss, which in my student world means avoiding the lovely smell of takeaways and looking after my drunken friends as I won't be drinking. I must admit, that is going to be the hardest part. Since i'm heart broken and all i'm quite fond of drinking till I forget everything, flirting shamelessly and dancing like an idiot till the club shuts. But hey, this isn't forever, and I can't stand not being the real me anymore.

Im rambling. Im really really really scared. Which is stupid. But I am. Here's to day 1.

Welcome hun

The plan is fantastic and support ace. You'll do grand, will be at goal in no time hun :)

You'll be skinny for Xmas xxx good luck hun Xx

So I really really didnt want any food this morning, but I have work so iv forced myself to make a shake. I was dreading this, I spent £100 on exante products only to find that the products are vile! So this time, I just bought a week's supply, Iv just made a banana shake and im literally ecstatic at how nice it is! The test for me will be tonight as I won't be able to eat now till about 8pm so It's going to be a tough day!

Here's to day 1!

Half 8 and just sitting down to dinner of cabbage, broccoli and spicy spaghetti mixed with tuna, it's a little strange but its okay, looking forward to my choccie bar after! Im not sure if it's new tablets im on but my appetite is crap these past few days, I know I should be happy but it's weird and makes me worry a huge binge is looming! Working tomorrow as well so that will be a busy one, staying away from the scales, Im too scared!

Okay, I feel really sick, I need to eat my chocolate bar but I can't face it, my stomach feels dodgy! I dont understand how we can have the meals plus milk, protein and veg and still be in ketosis?! (once it starts ofcourse)
...It seems like too much?! I think im crazy...

To start with honey you need to calm down take a deep breath and be assured the diet does work the milk you are allowed to have makes no difference at all I promise secondly the veg and protein contain NO carbs or very very little and it's carbs the diet cuts out as long as you stay away from the big no no's you WILL stay in ketosis and you WILL lose the weight I promise xxx

Thankyou :)

Does it ever worry you how low the calories are? I think I worry too much!

floss said:
Thankyou :)

Does it ever worry you how low the calories are? I think I worry too much!

If you're having 4 packs then you should be getting all the vitamins you need :) so don't worry! I was the same! Once I'm in ketosis though, I tend to eat chicken or turkey if I'm hungry, or make an omelette with egg whites. This isn't following the plan 100% but its no carbs essentially, so doesn't take you out of ketosis. It's what keeps me going on those 12 hour shifts (particularly nights!) x x

Had the porridge, the one thing I bought multiple packs of and it was vile! Don't quite know what im going to do with them...
Just had the mushroom soup, it's nice but a little too sweet I think. I still need to have my bar and my protein and veg, been so busy I havnt had time! I don't really have a point...im tired!

It sounds like we have similar reasons for dieting and are similar levels of over-weightness. Good luck with it all. I worried too about the calories but I seem fine. The only downside to this diet is the social aspect but it's only for a few months and the weight loss is really noticeable so keeps you motivated.

Thanks iwillbethinagain, it's nice to know there's others out there like me! Im on day 3, and im worried because I feel like im not doing it right. I feel like ketosis is not happening. I do have a bit of a coated tongue and dodgy breath but I don't feel too bad. I have no appetite, but I havnt since a few days before I started the diet (down to change in meds I think) so im worried im following the diet wrong! Im having all the veg allowance and protein, do others not do that? Think I'll post my intake just to make sure!

13/10/12

banana shake
150ml skimmed milk in tea, sweeteners
Spicy spag pack, 1/2 tin tuna, 200g cabbage & broccoli
Choc truffle bar
water

14/10/12

Sweet porridge (didnt eat it really, was horrible!)
150 ml skimmed milk in tea, sweeteners
Mushroom soup pack
1 egg, 1 egg white, 200g cabbage & broccoli
Maple fruits bar
water

That looks right to me! Are you sure this diet is ok with your meds? (I'm not trying to pry, just don't want you making yourself ill!). It took me until day 4 to get into ketosis, and I only noticed because I wasn't as cold! As long as you feel ok you should be doing fine.

Yeah it's fine with them, I checked! I feel okay, just tired. I couldn't face the porridge this morning so iv only had 2 packs today, im not too bothered though, just annoyed at myself for not going to the gym!

Day 2;
150ml skimmed milk in tea, sweeteners
Vegetable soup pack
Coke zero
100g smoked haddock, 100g mushrooms, 100g cabbage
Almond vanilla chocolate bar

Ohhhh 2 packs a day is not a good idea! I don't know if it's that or the fact ketosis is hitting me but im exhausted, I didn't really sleep and i feel awful! Im not hungry but I want to eat just to feel sane again! I'll keep powering through I just hope I feel better soon.

Cup of tea helped me get up and moving :) Just had a crispy choc shake...a little too much water but drinkable, and I like the crispy bits! I actually feel a bit sick now and I havn't finished it yet...! Im starting to wonder about exercise, Im so tired but I really want a good first week loss! we'll see.

Hi..I always figure with exercise, get the first week done, deal with hunger or light heads and then think about exercise week two. X

Today has been good, except I now need to have my bar and for some reason I really don't want it! Got to tell myself not to be stupid and just get it down me! agh!

150 ml milk, tea, sweeteners
Crispy chocolate shake
Coke zero
Macaroni cheese, white fish, broccoli, cabbage (AMAZING!)
Lemon yoghurt & white chocolate bar

I need to order next weeks now I know im loving this diet, but I don't want to order a months worth as I havnt tried everything yet...think I'll just order another week so Iv tried all I want too.

My mind is seriously stubborn...quitting is not even an option in my head...it's a fab feeling!

In uni now for 3 days, was a bit strange just having tea and coke zero at lunchtime but I got through it :)
I don't feel like Iv lost anything, I'll be gutted if the scales are rubbish on saturday! Im having 4-5 cups of tea a day with sweeteners and my milk so I hope that doesnt affect it, plus all 3 packs, all the protein and all the veg! Yeahhhh...I need to get in the gym!

coke zero
toffee shake
1 egg, 1 egg white, cabbage, broccoli, cottage pie pack
chocolate, vanilla and almond bar
Not enough water!

Last edited:
In uni now for 3 days, was a bit strange just having tea and coke zero at lunchtime but I got through it :)
I don't feel like Iv lost anything, I'll be gutted if the scales are rubbish on saturday! Im having 4-5 cups of tea a day with sweeteners and my milk so I hope that doesnt affect it, plus all 3 packs, all the protein and all the veg! Yeahhhh...I need to get in the gym!

coke zero
toffee shake
1 egg, 1 egg white, cabbage, broccoli, cottage pie pack
chocolate, vanilla and almond bar
Not enough water!

I take a bar for uni, it works pretty well for me (I'm at uni 3 days a week), also means people don't look at me quite so strangely!

Back