illness and medication

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by soccermom, 24 January 2010 Social URL.

1. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Not sure if anyone can help just abit curious about this, I am suffering from pericoronitis (inflammation of my wisdom tooth and gum, which has made my face swell :()

I have not eaten very much this past few days, but tried to have my hea's and b's as I cant open my mouth properly.

I have also been taking penicilin and pain killers, do you think this will have an impact on my weightloss (if any) this week, does medicine play a role in weightloss.

If I haven't lost no matter, but does anyone know if it can hinder any loss.

Thanks

Last edited: 24 January 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    I had tonsilitus last week and was given penicilin. I too couldn't eat for 5 days and i lost 8.5lbs that week, however the following week i did put on 1.5lbs. My consultant told me to expect a grain the following week as i would be eating again.

4. babs

babs Full Member

Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD - The Best!!
    and plus painkillers can make u constipated

5. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    it probably/definatly will effect your weight loss especially if your not eating so i would just reside yourself to the fact that your next 2 weigh ins will be false and carry on after that. (Well thats what im doing!!!) :)

6. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you're not eating properly it probably will effect your weight loss but, while you're off-colour, the best thing is to just accept whatever happens and not worry about it. At times like this there's precious little you can consciously do to change things.

Really hope you feel better soon xx

7. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with the others - if you're not eating you're loss this week will be affected. All you can do if what you are doing - eat what you can and make sure you drink loads of water etc.

How about soup? Maybe you could make up a batch of soup packed full of SS and S foods too and drink that?

Just plan to cpmpensate next week for any gain if you get a huge loss but personally, I wouldn't worry too much. You're not well and it's awful to have wisdom toothy problems. So take care, keep self hydrated at least and hope you feel well soon xxx

8. Aaleigha

Aaleigha Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.21%)
    Diet:
    slimming world all the way
    Depends what pain killers you are on
    I am on HIGH doses of ibuprofen and that does cause fluid retention
    I am also on paracetamol and codeine (again a high codeine dose) and that causes constipation
    so the answer is it can do but the affects are limited to the time you are on the meds

9. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    you could try and drink complan or slim fast to get your vits. when I didn't eat for a bit I sts then gained, think my body shut me out and had a cob on! also heard that antibiotics have given others a temp gain.

like others have said. go with the flow and get back on track asap.
    I am a dental nurse, and sympathise with you, it is painful! hope you feel better soon, big hugs.

10. soccermom

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks everyone for your replies, have been on ibubrofen and co codomol and since saturday pencilin, so will just take whats coming and see what happens for the next couple of weeks.

I'm definitely havent been going to the loo as much these past few days, pain is starting to clear but still hurts to swallow.

I was going to take a holiday from class tonight, but think I will just go so I keep on track :eek:

11. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    good for you, if you do show a loss, you may decide to be extra careful as you'll want to keep the extra weight lost off, if you sts or gain you will know its only temp becasue of the drugs, so either way you cant lose!

hope you feel better soon.

12. soccermom

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Went to class and lost a 1lb, i'm happy with that. It was a taster evening, but didn't eat anything I just could not face it, but at least I went :D

Thanks everyone xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.