Illnesses Vs Diet - something to ponder

I will succeed!!!
Sorry I have not been about as much this week - been ill (again). I swear I've never been so sickly in my whole life as I have recently! I must have had a back log to sort through lol.

Anyway, my neighbour is a GP and we were chatting last night outside the house. She commented that I'd been looking 'peaky, tired and pale' a lot lately and asked if I was ok. I just gave her a quick overview and said I figured it was stress related stuff. She asked if the weight loss was deliberate or side affect and I told her I was on SW.

Basically, cutting long story short, she asked me to give her a run through of my average daily diet which I did...and everything you've all said for ages is true. I am not 1) eating enough and 2) eating enough FAT.

I've not been as 'excited' about the diet lately - partly because the losses are slowing, and have got into a rut. Same stuff week in week out for a month or so now. Not been eating near enough, and my fat intake has been non-existent some days.

Not only have my losses been slow (viscous circle syndrome), but I've been feeling pooey for ages.

So - for those who cut back on syns/food at the moment don't. Take the advice on here and go use it. I wasn't ignoring it don't get me wrong, but it's easy to get into bad habits and though technically you're not 'off plan' in reality you are not doing it right either. I started using food diary on here but it petered out again...and BOOM...back in the bad routine.

So it's given me the kick I needed - just thought I'd share.

And to those who told me this ages ago - I will try harder :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

No worries hun. It's a very basic thing to mess up on, but it's usually those basic considerations that catch us out. I don't like feeling poorly - nobody does - and I was being my own worst enemy.

Ate much more than normal yesterday and will keep trying to do that and see how I get on.

xoxo

Hmmm, struck a cord with me! I haven't had a day off work in 3 years but recently I've been ill twice in 6 weeks (not had time off as I'm out of a job so that's something at least). Feel really run down and have put it down to stress too along with the knots in my shoulders - family problems, organising a wedding, christmas coming, money, finding a job.
Must get out my book & read it again! Thanks

Tried to rep you hun, but must spread the love a bit more first, so well done on this post, excellent. Its so easy to not fall off plan but not do it right either isn't it, and without even realising it. Well done to the GP for getting you to think and refocuss. Onwards now my love. xx

Back