I'm apparently in ketosis!

berniegray242

Only started the diet yesterday but I got some uralysis sticks from work (I'm a nurse) which are really sensitive and they say I'm in ketosis!

I didn't think it could be as quick as that but on the day I started I ran around like a mad woman so maybe that helped. Would explain why I'm not hungry too :D

Happy days!

Wow I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone going into ketosis as quick as that.

But please, no more sticks lol

I do think it's due to how active I was yesterday... Obviously you will start using your 'reserves' quicker if you're running around like a mad woman!

To be honest I was just curious and since my job has the sticks lying around I thought I'd try - Im not bothered about it to be honest... The diet will work regardless of a stick saying I'm in ketosis or not!

Have you been checked for diabetes at all I only ask as that is very quick to go into it and as you will know being a nurse ketoes are present in diabetee.

I've never had ketones previously, and if I had I would have been losing weight quickly prior to doing this diet... Which is one of the major symptoms of diabetes.

I'm sure it's just from running around a lot working in a and e yesterday.

It is possible to go into ketosis in a number of hours if your body needs it for some reason, for example if you run a marathon or have an infection. I'm not worried about diabetes at all :)

Back