Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

Hi girls
well day 4 of my lifestyle change lol!and have been very good actually enjoying it!feel slightly smug i've stuck to it no idea why!matters to nobody else but me!lol i haven't startde exercising yet just not had inclination to!but have a plan!my daughter starts nursery in september so when not at work will have mon and thurs morn all for me!can't believe it!so gonna go swimming thoese morns and i have a cross trainer aka the clothes horse! so hope to start on that again!and there is a gym like curves 5 mins from house so might go there after work b4 getting my girlie from nursery! Feeling really good today lost 2.5 lb when i weighed in at ww so that helps 18 lb down many more to go but going in right direction!
Yummy mummy you sound so motivated!you looking forward to going back to work? it is nice to just be you not mummy or a little bit of the day!
Anyway take care happy slimming xxxxxxxx

Had to come back on and post this!!

Just had THE most delicious desert EVER! Mint choc torte by Weight Watchers! It was bloody gorgeous!! On offer at the moment in my Tesco too - 2 for £1.00!! yummmmmmy!

I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow night so am taking my own food so I can stick to my diet! I am taking: quorn sausages, quorn burgers and quorn style-chicken burgers, my own big bowl of salad and savoury rice! (for everyone to share but to make sure there's salad there!) chicken skewers and some of the WW mint choc tortes! So I'm gonna have my own little feast of "healthy" BBQ food! Got flavoured water to take with me to drink and diet lemonade incase I get tempted to have a glass of wine! (Can have a glass of wine and d.lemonade!)

Obv. not gonna eat EVERYTHING I take with me!! Just making sure I've got plenty of choice so I don't stray onto the non-healthy stuff!

I AM going this time! Gonna nosey at other people's pages and watch The Bill!

Also i am guilty of having a full bottle of bio oil in my bathroom and every time think oh i'll do that 2moro!think i'm gonna start to help with the loose skin i'm bound to have!am quite scared about that! xxx

Hi just4me,

Well done!! Hunn! you SHOULD feel smug for sticking to it-you're doing REALLY well!

I wouldn't worry too much about exercising just yet, get the eating side sorted first and then start adding in the exercise, well thats what I found easier! Changing one thing at a time and then it's easy to stick to.

I like the plan! And you'll enjoy going to the gym then coz it's be "me" time for you.

Well done on the 2.5lb!! That's fab! And 18lb altogether!! That's amazing!! Well done!!

Bio Oil even has adverts on the telly now doesn't it! Seems really popular! Gonna start using my Saturday, I'm going for a pamper day @ a Spa then so I'm gonna take that with me and spend time moisturising etc!

Good luck with the slimming and keep it up you're doing fab!

hey yummy! ive had a double choc torte b4 and they were devine!! oooh makes me want one!!

Im gunna get y bio oil out too i promise! I thinik we should ALL get it out sat ...

r u in just 4 me? well done on the 18lb loss! I find i loose slowly too thats whay i have introduced exercise! Yummy is right, i'd just get your head around healthy eating first! if u take on too much you could possibly set your self up for failure! (not sayin u would ever fail at this, just from my own experience! i always fail eekkk)

im off to bed guys cos im pooooooped!

take care girls!

luv katie

w

hey abz

hope ur ok

what diet r u folowing? are u still on CD?

luv katie

hey hon. nope. it messes with my hormones too much and i want to get preggers :)

i'm doing atkins at the moment. seems to be going well so far. nearly three weeks in :)

abz xx

ooooh very nice how much u lost so far? Im really peee'd of at min cos i worked sooooo hard at gym this week and s the bloody s!! I stuck to my calorie counting too grrrr!

good luck at TTC hun! Got my fingers crossed for ya

xxx

in the first two weeks i lost 8.5lbs. am hoping for another 1.5lbs this week but given that i'm going to be at a friend's house all weekend and i'm not sure how well that will go as there is bound to be booze involved, ha. but i'll be taking food with me so it should be ok...

u can have vodka cant ya? just take an extra big bottle! and lots of nuts lol
xx

ha. gin and slimline is my booze of choice, and i will be taking it with me :)

i don't like nuts, although when low-carbing i do start to crave them which i find odd. i'll take some babybels with me or something :D

abz xx

oooooh baby bels!! My fave!! the atkins diet seem soo apealing but i really dont think i could stick to it! I eat too many potaoes and beans lol!

your doin really well hun! 8lbs in first 2 week is amazing!

luv katie

it's similar to my cd losses. and if i lose 1.5lbs this week, well that's similar to my cd losses too. i never got the amazing ss results everyone else did. but it worked well. i'm actually expecting this to stop working after a month. but while it's going, i'm good. i'm expecting to come off it for a weekend mid-september, but until then i'm still going strong. i'll reassess at that point whether it's a good idea to continue. i have actually felt rather rough since starting atkins, whether it's dietary related i don't know. but i've had all sorts of strange things going on... but i do like it :)

abz xx

ooooh strange going on ey? I get some rite dodgey feelings with xenical. Its like theres something alive in my tummy!!

I did lighter life when i was about 19 and managed 2 weeks! i could have kicked my self tho! I was soo young and naive and thought i could eat and loose weight! I wish i had the money to do it now lol

ooooh whats happening in sept? hehe

Actually have u noticed lynsey has not been around this morn?

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII lynsey wheere r u??????????????????????????

luv kate
xx

it's my OH's 31st birthday. am sticking with it (hopefully) for his actual birthday, but the weekend after we are going to visit some friends. they are veggi and unless i cook seperately all weekend i'm not going to be able to eat what they eat. plus, i've heard lots of birthday cake may be involved :D i'm not in a massive hurry now. i'm of the opinion that life is for living and the odd weekend isn't going to make a massive difference in the long run. but i'll see how i feel at the time. i may be ready to try something else by then. i've also realised that i need to chop and change quite a bit so that things don't feel stale to me and i don't start to stretch the rules. this doesn't follow the atkins way of thinking at all, and i'm aware of that. but whatever works for me works for me i guess. we'll see in any case :)

abz xx

Morning girlies!

I AM around....just been SO busy packing AB's things for her to go away with my parents! Got a "grown up" bank hol weekend this weekend! Includes lots of pampering, "me" time, relaxing and ....oh-o...wine! lol! I'm gonna stock up on the still flavoured water too tho so I don't be too naughty!

Abz you're losses are fab! Well done! My (male) friend is on Atkins and he's loving it! He just eats ALL day!

He loves chicken, turkey, steak etc....so he's really loving Atkins. He's been on it for nearly 4 months now and lost nearly 4 stone so he's averaging a stone a month eating all day! lol! he thinks he's gone to heaven! ha ha. he looks fab for it too. He inspired me to get on the weight-loss-and-exercise-train, although Atkins wasn't for me (not really a big "meat" lover and I'm a BIG carb lover! lol!)

Katie, Katie, Katie!! A STS the same is fab! It's not a gain and it's def where you're doing so much exercise and toning up! You wait til a months time you're gonna have lost so much and be at least a clothes size smaller with all the hard work you're putting in! If I was you, I wouldn't weigh for a whole month and then you're gonna be SO surprised!

AND GET THE MEASURING TAPE OUT!! You'll def see the differences there in a month's time!

I meant to add this yesterday - DEF DEF DEF getting the Bio Oil out girlies, one of my friend's went from a sz 26, I think it was either 17 and a half or 18 and a half stone, in 6 months, to 9 stone and a size 10!

Because she lost the weight SOOO quickly (by starving herself so def not recommended!) she had PILES of loose skin so she went and had £20,000's worth of surgery @ The Harley Medical Group in London. (She had a boob job -uplift and made firmer, not implants, a tummy tuck, her loose skin and 'bingo-wings' taken away and skin removed from her thighs). She also had liposuction as where she'd lost the weight she was left with uneven pockets of fat (yuk!) on her belly - it was like podgy in some places, flat in others! really weird! lol! and the liposuction removed all this "uneven-ness" and left her with a nice flat belly! and her scar from the tummy tuck is along the bikini line and REALLY un-noticeable, she can even wear a bikini now!

ANYWAY! The point of me mentioning this - I can't afford to have £20,000's worth of surgery after loosing all this weight! So it was something I was REALLY worried about....£8,000 is my limit and you don't get an awful lot for that! lol!

And I was REALLY worried about having my arms done, as thats one of the places I'm most likely to get loose skin as they really grew quickly in size as I was pregnant, it was if all my weight went on my arms! And as I'm loosing I'm already noticing horrible loose, baggy bits! yuk!

But the arms are meant to hurt the most as you use your arms all the time so you're "pulling" on the area, so you're most likely to get an infection so I REALLY don't fancy that at all!

SOOOO my friend told her surgeon about me, how much I weigh, how much I WANT to weigh, how I'm loosing weight, what exercise I'm doing etc.....and she said that as long as I lose it at no more than around 3-4lbs a week, over a fairly long period, drink PLENTY of water (as that helps your skin), use PLENTY of moisturiser or oil 2-3 times a day and do exercise to target the "problem" areas then I should be fine! Apparently I've got "youth" on my side too...so my skin should hopefully ping back into shape as much as possible!

My friend didn't do ANY exercise when she was dieting, she was literally eating:

1 weetabix with skimmed milk for brekkie with 2 satsumas
A slice of lean cooked ham for dinner with lettuce and 2 satsumas
More lean ham and 2 boiled potatoes for tea!!
Madness!

So she didnt have the energy to exercise, but her surgeon reckons that if she'd done it sensibly and was able to exercise she wouldn't have been left with half as much loose skin! So there is good news!

Her surgeon also mentioned body brushing - which I'd already read about on the internet - it improves circulation and helps to improve "fatty" areas and give you more even skin tone. You brush DRY with long, even strokes towards your heart. It's meant to help combat loose skin by making your skin more elastic. But whatever you do don't body brush WET as this stretches skin more! You're meant to do it every day if poss, just before you get in the shower or bath!

I've got a body brush, but it's in the cupboard with the bio oil! LOL! Something else to add to my rapidly expanding "to do" list! lol!

Katie, it sounds time consuming, but maybe you could take a body brush to swimming with you and do it quickly before you get in the pool?? That way you're doing it away from the house (and the children! lol!) and during your "me" time??

Think that's what I'm gonna do to get it in!

Apparently at first its quite time consuming as you're concentrating on doing it but once you're used to it, it only adds about 5mins max onto your shower routine!

Just realised I've written a massively long post again! ha!

Food-wise today I've only had a big glass of flavoured water as I've been running around like a headless chicken, but AB is going soon so once she goes I'm gonna make myself quorn sausage petit pains!

Going to Curves at 4 with my friend so looking forward to that!

Gonna nose at other people's pages now!

xxxx

You always sound so upbeat in your posts, they make me smile! You can hear the buzz in your script as if you are talking not typing!

Keep fighting the good fight and enjoy your childfree weekend, im jealous!

Lotsa love xx

wooop wooop quorn sausage baguettes r the way forwards !!!

i hope u r rite with regards to my sts!!

im off to mummys again today no taybarns thank goodness!

The girls still arnt ready and im still in my jamas!! lol hahahaha

speak later on tonite! if i dont catch u have a fab time at the spa qwith hubba bubba!!

luv katie
xxx

thanks Abbey, I really am a bit too enthusiastic aren't i? lol! Really think I should go into a Sales job the way I enthuse over things! lol!

How you feeling Abbey? How's things @ home? How's Ben? xx

Have a nice time @ your mum's Katie - don't let them sabotage your diet!

xxxx

Back