Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

hey hun!!!

ive had a mega busy weekend too! sorry to hear about AB hope the docs can make her better soon!!

Hope u have a great evening with OH

Luv katie

ps glad u r enjoying work
xx

hey busy lady!!!

hope u and AB r well chicken

luv katie

xxx

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

xxx

Hiya,

Just been catching up with all your posts this week, I think your sister is a right spiteful cow! ooh soz didn't mean to be rude but that was a dirty trick to play, I'm suprised you speak to her :mad:

The new clothes and hair sound lovely, its nice to treat yourself sometimes isn't it :) and well done on your food and drink choices at your meal out, I don't think I would have been so controlled :D

I hope your little girl is feeling better now :)

Karen X

Evening girlies!

Haven't been around all week- been working ALL week and had NO sapre time! Thank god its friday!

Food choices haven't been great this week! I've been teaching all week and literally havent stopped so have been rushing out without brekkie in the morning, been having a pack of Dairylea lunchables for dinner or nothing and then been binging in the nights - not good! Tea Monday night was a chicken salad baguette with a handful of OH's chips!! Tues night's tea was toast and cereal, Wed's night we went for ANOTHER meal for OH's birthday with other friends, to the all you can eat chinese! but I didn't actually eat THAT much, considering I didn't eat at all in school that day, I had about 8 prawn crackers! 3 satay chicken skewers, a mini veg spring roll, and then a tiny bowl of rice with crispy shredded chicken! but I followed that by a (small!) slice of Cadbury's Buttons Chocolate Birthday Cake! yummy!

Yesterday I had 2 English White Bread Muffins with 2 low fat cheese slices and lean ham for tea and a Go Ahead Yogurt and Strawberry snack pack.

Today I've had:
brekkie - nothing
dinner - 2 of the Go Ahead yogurt and strawberry snack pack things
on the way home from school - grapes and apple snack pack from Tesco,

And we're going to go out for tea!

Gonna start to be good again asap! And starting back to exercise next week when I've got a less busy working week!

xxxx

Hiya...........your absence has been felt!!

Its so hard to stick to a diet when you are manically busy working. Try and get organised at the weekend and plan abit ahead for the working week? I often perpare a salad the night before, or some pasta or something. Still, doesnt sound lke you have eaten very much, so you may still have lost.

Hope you have a quieter week ! xx

Oh, and you got to take a look at the thread 'start picture'.....they're all getting their kit off lol!

hey hunny!

i think planning is defo the key here! Maybe get some break fast bars from supermarket? I usully have an oatibix bar in morning they r 80 cals and inside the rules too! not sure the exact at min co sim all out of em! they do choc an strawberry an dat 80cals you could have 2 and a banana or some thing!

lunch sound like a sandwich would be easier! quick to eat and really filling! just was lots of salad on it!

and for dinner you could do lots of low fat meals at weekend and freeze and get them out to defrost just as you leave!

You need to make sure u r eating enough as your body will go into starvation mode! Same goes for breakfast! If u dont have it your body doesnt start working!

i hope work isnt too busy for you this week hun! we r missing you!

luv katie

Aw thanks girlies! Missing you too!

Been shopping today so got LOTS of things planned for this week! But should have a less busy week work-wise anyway!

I'm planning on having:
*cereal OR a cereal bar before work in the mornings
*an apple or a piece of fruit on first break - esp. when i'm on duty-no excuse coz i can eat it in the yard coz all the children have their fruit on first break ne way

*a WW baguette or WW wrap filled with salad and mexican chicken breast for dinner with a yogurt

*tea with OH when I get home - we've got loads of tasty, healthy stuff in!

So looking forward to a healthier week!

We went to visit an Esporta Gym by us today - wow! I was very impressed and loved it, but @ £50/month and a 12 month contract its not exactly cheap! But i L.O.V.E.D it! OH did too! We've got to get back to them by Wed about joining.....if we join before end of Sept there's a promotion on that they'll waiver the £80 each joining fee and it'll be £25/each for the first 3 months!

I'm 80% sold.....the pool there is amazing and children can go in before 5.30pm on weekdays and 10-2pm on Sats and Suns...the jacuzzi&hydro pool looks SO inviting! and it's all lit in a blue glow with scented candles! There's a steam room and sauna! and the changing rooms are very luxurious! fab and baby-pram friendly! There's no "leisure-centre" feel-which is what we were looking for, whilst still being family friendly, there's even a restaurant and a bar!

When you join you get your own fitness coach (so basically a personal trainer is included in the £50/month fee) and not just to say "this is the treadmill, you turn it on here".....they actually train with you 3 times a week for the first three weeks, then you're on your own if you want to be...if not they'll stay with you....but they make an appointment and catch up with you every 21days. They weigh you...measure you....everything!

You get access to a nutritionist who will assess your diet and give you a plan to follow if you want one.

They offer a Boot Camp-style training week every few months!

I'm trying to remember all the fab stuff!

And there's 66 free classes included every week! These include aerobics, aqua aerobics, tai bo, boxercise, spinning classes, pilates, yoga.....

And then of course there's the gym and weights room!

It's a lovely airy gym with lots of machines....bikes, steppers, cross trainers, air walkers, treadmills, rowing machines, sit up machines, vibo plates....everything!

It's just £50/month is alot of money....But I AM serious about this lifestyle change and it's more than worth it if we DO use it at least 3 times a week....

We've worked out we wouldn't wanna do anything on a Monday night every week, but if we wanted we'd just pop down to use the pool, jacuzzi, sauna etc....

We could go together on a Tuesday evening, coz OH'S mum can look after AB for a few hours - so we'd do the gym, a class together and some swimming

Wednesday would be OH's night and I'd spend the night with AB, but I go to Aqua Aerobics on a Wed in the leisure centre with my friend @ 8.30pm so he's going to make sure he's back by then .....at least for the first few weeks, i'm going to try aqua aerobics @ Esporta and may swap to there then!

Thursday will be my night....so gonna go, do a class, do half hour or so in the gym, have a swim and relax in the hydro pool

Friday OH finishes at 1pm and I don't normally work a Fri so we'd take AB swimming there and he'd watch her in the pool while I have a gym workout and then I'd watch her in the restaurant while he went in the gym!

Saturdays we'd go by 10am and I go in the pool with AB while he works out then swap over!

Sundays...the same as Sat!

So we're planning on making it a big part of our week if we DO join....but will we keep it up for a year??

If we DO use it for 3 times or more a week then its well worth the money.....its just keeping it up!

Hmmmm.... we've got til Wed to decide! My battery on my laptop's gonna go so gonna log off now coz i cant find my charger/adapter!

Spk soon! Thanks for all your support guys! I'm working tomorrow but not Tues so will prob be bk on then if not before!

xxxx

Last edited:
I can't stop thinking about the fab gym!! We've arranged to go down on Tues night to discuss joining, make sure we're happy with everything / have any questions answered and then POSSIBLY (if we ARE happy with everything) start our first induction and work out!

The reason we're so apprehensive is because there's a 12 month contract, like a mobile phone contract, so we need to pay the £25/month for the first 3 months, then £50/month each for 9months.....so it IS alot of money....but if you see the pool, the sauna, the jacuzzi! it's L.U.S.H!!

It will be a complete change to our week and our lifestyle if we DO sign up....coz we won't want to be wasting all that money and not be going, so we'd be determined to go at least 3 times a week / 12 times a month to get our money's worth!

There's SO many fab classes too: boxercise, tai bo, yoga, pilates, aqua aerobics, boot camp circuits, circuit training, step aerobics, cycling class, spinning, body combat, legs bums tums and abs, toning classes......!

Right gotta go to work now!

So far today I've had:

*a Go Ahead pack of yogurt and strawberry
*an apple

Dinner is:
*a WW quiche lorraine and salad
*a shape yogurt

Tea is going to be low fat cheese and tomato pasta bake with steamed veg and a WW dessert!

xxxx

Last edited:
Wowzers, does that mean it will be £100 a month for both of you after the initial 3 months?

I am having second thoughts about joining the leisure centre, im thinking that i may just try and go swimming and see how i get on with that before commiting to a monthly dd. And lots of walks too, thats free!

Sounds like you have your food sussed out for work so thats good. Have a good day xx

Morning everyone!

Phew.....no work today! I'm just chilling, spending some much needed cwtchy time with AB and catching up on Facebook, on here and with my emails! The bills can wait! lol!

So far today I've had 2 x WW warm petit pains with melted flora light and a little bit of Branston Pickle - a weird brekkie but it's what I fancied! Hope I'm not pregnant??
101 cals and 0.1g fat per baguette

I'm determined to get back on track this week and then have a straight run until Christmas! I'm D.E.T.E.R.M.I.N.E.D!

I've been totally CRAP for the whole of September! And am SO disappointed with myself - I've lost a grand total of....3lbs for the whole month! I planned to lose 12lbs! So 9lbs off target! But I can't really moan and complain when I know I haven't tried at all!

I've been eating out all the time, eating chips and chocolate (!), barely been to the gym, Curves OR Aqua Aerobics! and not been taking my Xenical tabs!

But one thing it's done is to make me more determined for October!

I know where I am and where I want to be and this monthly binge has made me realise what I DO want....and that is, to be on track and to be healthy! and eventually to be slim!

My head's back in the right place, and apart from health and happiness for AB, this is THE most important thing in my life right now! Even OH comes 3rd to it! lol!

He doesn't mind...he's got the health and fitness bug off me and is joining the gym with me too! So that'll be fab to go together!

We've decided we ARE going to join that gym and totally over-haul our lifestyle! We know it's alot of money, but we're fortunate enough to be able to afford that at the moment now I'm back in work so we're going to go for it!

I think it'll be a massive kick up the bum to MAKE me go, because of the cost each month and that I'll have to pay whether I go or not! So that's going to be the biggest incentive EVER, as is the fact that we'll be going together!

We know that if we use it then it's well worth the money and we wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying £30+ for meals a few times a month, so our promise IS, that we're going to stop spending our money on eating out and then that will pay for the gym easily!

We were also going to start treating ourselves to a Spa day once a month, and that costs £40-£50 each a time, so that's our gym membership paid for AND we get to have a Spa day every day there if we want!

The pool and the spa facilities are really luxiourious and EXACTLY the kind of place we book for our Spa Days so now we're getting the gym and that in one!

So we've justified it every way possible and have made the decision to improve our bodies and our health! We both agree that the facilities they offer there are SO stunning that we'll WANT to go and we've made a pact to kick each others up the butt if we're having a "I don't fancy going tonight...." night!

If we can go for 3 times a week we'll be getting our money's worth! So this is our planned time table:

*Every other Monday: I work every other Monday, so on the day I work we're going to have the night off & spend time with AB, then if it's when I'm not working we are both going to go and my mum have AB for 6-8pm. No classes on this night that we like the sound of, so spend 1/2 hour in the gym, 1/2 hour in the weight's section, then swimming and use the Spa.

*Tuesday: Both go, MIL have AB 5.30-8.30pm. An hour in the gym doing our programme with our personal trainers. Followed by a half hour class together (Boxercise or Boot Camp Circuits) then some time relaxing together in the Spa before we go home.

*Wednesday: OH's night so he's going to do his programme with his personal trainer and spend some time in the pool whilst I stay home and spend some time with AB.

*Thursday nights: My night!! OH is staying home & spending some time with AB while I have a "me" night!

I'm planning on getting there for 5.30pm and doing a 45 minute Circuits or Body Combat class, followed by 20mins in the gym, then a 45min aqua aerobics class in the pool, followed by some light swimming and relaxing in the hydro-therapy pool and Sauna!!

It sounds like BLISS not something I'm dreading doing! Especially when I can relax in the pool and sauna after slogging it out in the gym! I can even treat myself to a glass of wine in the bar afterwards! How very sophisticated! lol!

*Fridays: OH finishes at 1 or 4 and I rarely work a Friday so we're both going to go together on a Friday and we can take AB with us. This isn't going to a "planned" exercise day, just us using the facilities and whatever we fancy on the day.

*Saturdays and Sundays - Members and their families can use the facilities on these days so we're going to take AB there and spend the day using the gym, maybe going to a class, and then using the pool, hydro-therapy pool, sauna and steam room!

So it's going to be a joint/family thing! And instead of going out for meals in the night we'll be going to train!

We're meeting with our personal trainers tonight (ahh!) are both going to be weighed and measured and take part in our first workout there. We won't be training together for the first 3 weeks as every one of our sessions for the first three weeks will be with our own (seperate) personal trainers. After that we can have a personal trainer once or twice a week and then spend the rest of the time training together so that'll be nice!

I'm SO nervous about having a personal trainer! But they PROMISE results....so that's what I'm looking for!

They're all qualified sports coaches and dieticians and they tailor-make a programme for you to follow, so mine will be totally tailored to work for ME and OH's for him....and then they monitor your progress all the time and after the initial 3 weeks, if you no longer want a personal trainer to train with you, they still make an appointment to meet up with you every 21 days to check how you're getting along and make sure you're still getting results!

It's all very serious! And exactly what I need to kick my butt into gear! I'm really looking forward to being pro-active about my new lifestyle and about spending evenings and weekends working out and looking after myself instead of eating!

Here's to Esporta and Xenical transforming my life!!

Lunch today is going to be quite a big one of tuna and low fat cheese pasta bake with steamed veg because I won't be eating til after the gym then! Going to start making that soon.

Right, I'm going to nosey around other people's pages now before I make myself some dinner whilst AB is still snoring next to me!

xxxx

Sounds like you have got your exercise regime worked out brilliantly!
Hope the session went ok today? x

Yea sounds like you got it all sorted =] keep up the good work matey x

Thanks everyone!!

Last night was really good, most of the night was spent signing up, getting health forms etc out of the way, chatting about what we want to achieve. They showed us around again to make sure we def wanted to sign up and there was no pressure, the desicion was totally down to us! And it was just as lush there as we remembered!

We then booked in with our personal trainers for our first sessions. OH is Thurs night at 7.30pm with a male personal trainer called Lee who used to be in the army, he's concentrating on strength training, weight lifting, muscle building and core performance with OH - OH seems a bit scared! Lol!

I've been paired with a personal trainer called Zoe, she's going to concentrate on weight loss, muscle toning and improving fitness levels with me! My first personal training session is Friday @ 6pm. I'm excited!

Last night, after all the chatting and being given lots of info on classes, workshops (more intense than classes for better results, last 30mins a time) and rules of the club, membership offers etc....we used the gym together so that was nice! We did 10mins on the bike, 10mins on the cross trainer, 5mins on the stepper, then 20-25 mins going around the weights stations.

We're going swimming tonight and to use the jacuzzi, sauna, steam room etc! Then I'm not doing anything tomorrow coz going to spend time with AB when he does his training session!

So this is our new lifestyle!! And I'm excited about it!

Started the day well food-wise, I've had cereal and toast for breakfast with one Xenical tablet.

Dinner is going to be either a ham salad roll or a tuna pasta bake and a tablet! So this is the first time in ages I've taken my tabs! So gonna get back on track!!

Feeling G.O.O.D!!

xxxx

Ahh you sound really upbeat , well done you both

:flowers:

wooop wooop! i lurve my gym!

Me too now Katie! Not going too good on the diet side - was until I pinched half my mum's mars bar tonight! but at least I'm TRYING!

Been in work today and am shattered, OH is in our new gym having his first session with his personal trainer and i'm catching up on bills and spending time with AB. Missed her like crazy today!! My night @ the gym tommorrow night!

Not much to report, breakfast was 2 cereal bars on the way to work-140cals

I had a Go Ahead strawberry & yogurt on first break - 140cals

Dinner was lunchables with grapes (350cals)

Tea was 2 ww petit pains with lean ham and brown sauce (321cals)

So 951 cals before half the Mars Bar!!

Right going to take a nosey around other people's pages now!!

xxxx

not a bad day all in all babes!

bet u r soooo tired! it really takes it outta ya going back to work!

good luck with your personal trainer

luv katie

Thanks hunni, I AM shattered today and got my first session tonight with my personal trainer! OH went last night and he loved it!

His made him do a 50min workout - mainly the weights machines and free weights, then 20mins on the cross trainer - this took 45-50mins then swimming. He was absolutely shattered when he got in! But he was buzzing from the gym too! Hope I'm as motivated tonight! Don't feel so at the moment!

Mine's at 6pm with Zoe, so gonna have a little relax with AB before we leave about 5.30.

Today's food:

*Go ahead yogurt and strawberry break bar for brekkie - 150cals

*Dinner - a Shapers bbq chicken wrap from Boots with Boots s&v shapers crisps - 370cals

*Tea is going to be a grilled chicken breast in a white bread roll with lettuce and tomatoes.

I'm gonna have tea early about 4pm coz of the gym, then will prob have a bowl of cereal for supper when I get back from the gym.

I'm going to check with my p.t tonight how many cals she recommends me having per day....see if I AM on the right track.

Right gonna nosey around other people's pages now! Speak soon

xxxx

Back